Author Topic: Advice please-dental work in Mexico  (Read 463 times)

Offline CC27

Advice please-dental work in Mexico
« on: January 27, 2023, 07:48:48 AM »
CommonHumanity (155 posts)

Advice please-dental work in Mexico

Hi all,

Has anyone here had dental work in Mexico? I'll go easy on details, but upshot is I have a dental mess on my hands.

After multiple entries into the lottery for reduced cost care at the UNC Dental School Clinic, I was finally got in. The cost for my treatment plan, at a 50% reduction over standard costs, is $35,000.00. Please explain how anyone with a moderate income can afford that price.

I've heard great things about dental work in Mexico with costs coming in at roughly 30% including travel and lodging cost. Has anyone gone to MX for dental work? If so, can you please give me recommendations for a dentist, clinic or location? I've traveled a good bit in MX on my own, on public buses, and with lower cost lodging so I'm cool with that part. Just looking for recommendations on the dental aspect.

Sincere, much appreciated and big thanks to anyone who can help me out with information!

(In looking into this issue, lots of the information refers to "medical tourists". Frankly, I'd call us medical refugees. Damn our corporate enrichment healthcare system).

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217593950

But government run health care will give us all we want and need right??  :whatever:

Offline 67 Rover

Re: Advice please-dental work in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 08:19:31 AM »
I understand the Mexican drug cartels have a good dental plan.  You should look into that.

$35,000 to fix meth mouth.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:43:30 AM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 09:34:33 AM »
Dear DUmbass DUchebag,

Thank Obama and the demofascists for your affordable care.

Sincerely,

The people that have had their health insurance premiums triple.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 03:23:15 PM »
I understand the Mexican drug cartels have a good dental plan.  You should look into that.

$35,000 to fix meth mouth.

Maybe their dental plan is like their saying, "plata o plomo".
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:32:03 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 07:24:57 PM »
They always want the cheapest price. When THEY have to pay for it. Funny.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 12:13:21 AM »
Solid Advice?  Don't bite the Richard That feeds you :-)    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYUinsr7NkU  :-) 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 08:17:04 PM »
Quote from:
PCIntern
1. As a practicing dentist of 45 years

I can tell you that you can have excellent work done in Mexico for a fraction of the cost. The one thing that I would absolutely require if I were you, is the name brand and particulars of whatever implants are placed in you and to cross check that this device is available in the United States in case you need service upon it. Interchangeable implant components are almost nonexistent and if the brand is not easily available in the USA or has been discontinued, and you have a problem, you have a bigger problem than you can imagine. Good luck to you and I really hope things work out.

For a group who claim they “care” more than those evil conservatives, they sure skip the opportunity to demonstrate it.

The janitor/dentist could have at least offered to do the service at cost. But no, just marginal advice and well wishes. Don’t ask him to sacrifice or lift a finger. That’s what the government is for.

These leftists are all worthless, even to each other.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.