Author Topic: Omnibus POS -- another expensive debacle only Congress can love  (Read 262 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Omnibus POS -- another expensive debacle only Congress can love
« on: December 21, 2022, 08:23:09 AM »
I sent this to my own POS U.S. Rep, French Hill (AR-2):

If one-tenth of what I'm reading is true about this horrific "Omnibus" free-for-all that the House is poised to pass, there is no wonder that Congress has the miserable approval record it does.

Over 4,000 pages of garbage, written by those interested in cashing in on this boondoggle. Funding for the illegitimate J6 committee (which is going to die anyway). Funding for DOJ to prosecute J6 participants in an unbelievable partisan Swamp that D.C. is. And, of course, no time for those voting on this pile of steaming offal to even know what's in it.

Rep. French, you are not a high-profile U.S. representative. You appear to be a "go-along and get-along" politician. It's time for you to start representing hard-working, taxpaying constituents who not only pay your salary, but provide the many perks you have as well.

Get with the program. Vote no on this Omnibus garbage.

I'll be watching how you vote.

Signed,
me
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Omnibus POS -- another expensive debacle only Congress can love
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 02:45:44 PM »
I'm ashamed that BOTH of my "stalwart conservative Republican senators" (cough, gag), namely Tom Cotton and John Boozman, voted for this pile of shit.

Here's my letter to THESE assholes:

Senator, you screwed the pooch badly when you voted to "accept" this pile of offal called the "Omnibus" -- which is code for "Congress can't do anything, so we're just going to kick the can down the road."

Over 4,000 pages of garbage, written by those interested in cashing in on this boondoggle. Funding for the illegitimate J6 committee (which is going to die anyway). Funding for DOJ to prosecute J6 participants in an unbelievable partisan Swamp that D.C. is. And, of course, no time for those voting on this pile of steaming offal to even know what's in it.

And you voted for it. That is massively disgusting and a slap in the face to Arkansans who deserve better. Don't give me garbage about the Defense budget. Congress can, and should, stop nonsense like this when the Democrats want to pile garbage on top of legitimate spending.

Get with the program, Senator.

Cotton is supposed to be better than this. But he's not -- probably because he thinks holding up the defense budget is worse than tacking on another $1.7 trillion in debt. Get f'n real, Cotton.

And Boozman -- just another go-along-to-get-along politician who can't find his ass with either hand.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.