Author Topic: Two People Shot Outside Rep. Lee Zeldin's Home  (Read 331 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Two People Shot Outside Rep. Lee Zeldin's Home
« on: October 09, 2022, 06:17:23 PM »
GASP!  How is this even POSSIBLE with NY having some of the most draconian gun control laws in the whole freakin' COUNTRY???

:whatever:

Two individuals were shot outside U.S. Rep. Lee Zeldin's Long Island home on Sunday according to local authorities and Zeldin, who is also the GOP nominee challenging Democrat Governor Kathy Hochul in November's midterms.

According to the county officials, however, the shooting that took place was "unrelated to the residents" based on the information they had on Sunday.

Suffolk County authorities said that the shooting took place at roughly 2:20 p.m. Sunday. Zeldin confirmed the incident outside of his home in Shirley on Long Island and noted that his twin teenage daughters were home at the time.

"My 16-year-old daughters, Mikayla and Arianna, were at our house doing homework, while my wife, Diana, and I were in the car, having just departed the Bronx Columbus Day Parade in Morris Park," Zeldin said in a statement Sunday afternoon.

"After my daughters heard the gunshots and the screaming, they ran upstairs, locked themselves in the bathroom and immediately called 911," Zeldin added. "They acted very swiftly and smartly every step of the way and Diana and I are extremely proud of them."

Zeldin also said that the two people injured in the incident were "laying down under my front porch" and in "the bushes in front of our porch."

Law enforcement is investigating and Zeldin said the identities and motive of the two individuals are still unknown to him but that his family was working with investigators to turn over security camera footage to help them identify the individuals and what they were doing on Zeldin's property before the shooting occurred.

"My daughters are shaken, but ok," Zeldin said before noting that, "like so many New Yorkers, crime has literally made its way to our front door" and said his family "is grateful to all who have reached out and we will provide another update when we can."

Earlier in the campaign, Zeldin was assaulted while on stage delivering remarks by a man who brandished a weapon and repeatedly attempted to stab the sitting member of Congress and candidate for governor. As Leah reported at the time, Gov. Hochul took heat for her fiery rhetoric against Zeldin that included publishing the Republican candidate's campaign stop schedule.

Hochul had not, at time of publication, posted any statements in response to the incident outside her GOP challenger's home.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/10/09/two-people-shot-outside-rep-lee-zeldins-home-n2614190
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Two People Shot Outside Rep. Lee Zeldin's Home
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 07:49:02 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that these two are just as rabid a pair of left wing moonbats as the the earlier crazy with the knife on the stage was.

The lamestream DNC Propaganda offices have done a pretty good job of keeping Mr. Zeldin off the radar out here in Galt's Gulch, so I have no friggin' idea if there's something he's loaded into his platform that is bringing the DUAC - East Coast Division out of the woodwork, but DANG!!!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus