Author Topic: So I still owe Unemployment almost $8,000!  (Read 460 times)

Offline Mary Ann

So I still owe Unemployment almost $8,000!
« on: October 03, 2022, 01:35:47 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10588342
Star Member bif (20,520 posts)

This has been going on since last August! Anyone else in this predicament? Any advice?
This was posted in the Michigan group.

For 14 years I was treasurer for our local humane society, in a small, Michigan town. We run a no-kill shelter, which employs about 6--8 minimum wage employees to clean litter boxes and kennels, and feed and water animals. Necessary, but not particularly intellectually challenging work. They were getting maybe, at most, about 15 hourse per week. The pandemic was a true bonanza for our employees. $600/week, when they had been making less than $100. I spent countless hours filling out forms and emailing UIA, trying to explain that there was no eligibility. A few of the employees slipped by, in spite of my efforts.

One of the most persistent actually did get her UC for several months. FINALLY there was a determination that she was ineligible, but she claimed financial hardship as the reason she couldn't pay it back, and they accepted her excuse.

So, bif, my opinion is that if you applied for something you weren't eligible for, or if you accepted taxpayer $$$ that you didn't deserve, tough s***. Pay up, a**hole.

Offline Karin

Re: So I still owe Unemployment almost $8,000!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 02:15:30 PM »
There is some dangerous treason, sedition, insurrection and espionage in that thread. 

Star Member multigraincracker (28,494 posts)

1. Did you try your State Rep?

I had some state tax problems and contacted my State Rep and it got fixed real quick.

Might also add he is a republican.

:panic:

FrankTC (137 posts)

3. Lots of People In Michigan

They were overpaid some kind of job-related benefit during the pandemic. The unemployment agency owned the error. People are still being pursued for repayment of funds long since spent. The Michigan UIA is described by many as an anonymous, impervious, unresponsive, pitiless, and implacable bureaucracy. I regret that I have no useful advice. Good luck!

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 02:47:12 PM »
Quote from: idiot
Star Member bif (20,520 posts)

This has been going on since last August! Anyone else in this predicament? Any advice?

Yes: pay it, asshole.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 04:34:09 PM »
So, DUmmie bif collected almost $8,000 in UEI $$ for which (s)he wasn't entitled (legally, that is), and DUmmie bif is whining? (S)He needs to get off his/her @$$ and get that Go Scam Me started, like NOW!!!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 05:10:19 PM »
this guy collected unemployment??? He is over 65:

https://voterrecords.com/voter/20274906/mark-domin

old hippy starving artist type:

:mental:

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 07:38:46 PM »

Do like many old people that have no way of paying debt: put it all on high interest credit cards and die
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 07:51:11 PM »

I suspect that is the state's point in demanding the return of money he defrauded from them. He signed up for unemployment back in 2020 back when EVERYBODY was getting it because of the 'Rona lockdowns. Now that they've had the chance do go through his application and apply the usual "You have to have been gainfully EMPLOYED recently to collect UNEMPLOYMENT" decision tree to it, yon DUmbass is well and truly caught in his attempt to con the Gub'mint Extortion Racket.

I expect the legbreakers will be around any time now, to remind him who the Lord of Thieves really is.

Damn, dude...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 11:17:19 PM »

At 65 he should be collecting Social Security, but you have to have had a tax-paying job for at least 8 years in your life I think. So.............  he's apparently just like a lot of leftists. Like MVD. Never held a f'n job. As someone who's worked since he was 15 I'll never understand how these people even exist.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2022, 10:46:28 AM »
The simple and easiest solution is to pay up asshole.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2022, 12:28:21 PM »
I suspect that is the state's point in demanding the return of money he defrauded from them. He signed up for unemployment back in 2020 back when EVERYBODY was getting it because of the 'Rona lockdowns. Now that they've had the chance do go through his application and apply the usual "You have to have been gainfully EMPLOYED recently to collect UNEMPLOYMENT" decision tree to it, yon DUmbass is well and truly caught in his attempt to con the Gub'mint Extortion Racket.

I expect the legbreakers will be around any time now, to remind him who the Lord of Thieves really is.

Damn, dude...

Wonder how he feels, NOW, about all the new IRS agents?  :lmao:

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2022, 02:02:47 PM »
He looks like he has monkey pox, that is certainly a gay looking scarf he is wearing :lmao: :lmao:.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!