Author Topic: Second graders were asked to to wear pajamas or school uniform while reading in  (Read 479 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217193868
Jack the Greater (203 posts)

Second graders were asked to to wear pajamas or school uniform while reading in the bathtub

So not as bad as it sounds without knowing that... just weird. I assume the bathtub need not be filled with water. The article does not say.

Student removed from school after refusing to do controversial assignment
I've been watching this story today. Of course, the first reports were "Christian school wants pics of children NAKED in a bathtub!!!!!" And I figured that was, er, um, the wrong take.

What this CLEARLY is, is an attempt to stimulate interest in reading by having the kids provide pics of themselves reading in various situations: maybe a pillow fort, maybe to the family pet, maybe outside, whatever. Kind of a cute, interesting assignment.

Hortensis gets it:
Star Member Hortensis (53,255 posts)

14. It was taken as what it was supposed to be for years.

A fun part of a larger thought-stimulating, reading-promoting program. Not weird. The parents would know. That they were fine with the fun is a huge clue to how to view this from outside.

Again, fight the "weird." Imo, that's strictly an effect of the creepy, 2022 conspiracist sickness and pathological level partisan hostilities. To be more specific, imo what is creepy is to assume that this school and these typically careful and loving parents could be offering pictures of their children's bodies gratis for the enjoyment of perverts, and foolish to imagine that they'd be too clueless to recognize sexual "weirdness" threatening their children at school.
But, of course, some of them won't let go of the whole "evil Christian child sex abuse" assumption. Idiots.
Hey, Dummies, what if the assigment was pics of kids masturbating while reading "Lawn Boy?" Bet that would be A-Okay with you pervie groomers.

Offline Mary Ann

Here, for your amusement, is a link to one of the outrage posts:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217193319

My goodness; how stooooopid do you have to be to believe BS like this????

Offline Muddling 2

DUh Smartest People EVAH!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
I'll deviate from CC here. If this is even remotely true, I don't think kids should be sending photos to teachers like this in ANY case. It adds nothing to the curriculum. They want to see if they're reading the material they can, and I know this may be an antiquated practice, test or quiz them.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Mary Ann

I'll deviate from CC here. If this is even remotely true, I don't think kids should be sending photos to teachers like this in ANY case. It adds nothing to the curriculum. They want to see if they're reading the material they can, and I know this may be an antiquated practice, test or quiz them.
I get what you're saying, but this is an attempt to make reading fun for kids, many of whom are probably spending hours/day playing computer games.

Offline Mary Ann

Hey, have Pedo Joe's creepy remarks about "she was 12, I was 30" made it to the DUmp yet?
https://nypost.com/2022/09/23/biden-leaves-viewers-stunned-in-teachers-speech-she-was-12-i-was-30/

Offline SVPete

Some DUmmies need Fundie-Christian schools to be as pervy as some DUmmies are. Other DUmmies want a fake everybody does it to "balance" the more or less weekly public-school-teacher-statutory-raped-a-student news stories.

While I know cell phones have become almost ubiquitous, the physiology of a 7YO or 8YO pretty much means the picture taker would have to be a parent or sibling. IOW, the only perviness is in DUmmies' and like-minded Progs' minds.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 11:29:09 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Lots of stuff going on here.  Top of the list, yes, that's a odd assignment that should have been worded better and thought about a little longer.  A shot of a kid reading in an unusual place is a good motivational assignment, but the teacher should have thought twice about using the bathtub as an example, even if they meant "fully clothed with no water in the tub".  Never assume anyone, kid or parent, won't mess up what you're saying, as the DUmp illustrates so well.  Next, it's likely that the school has a system in place for sharing photos.  It may just be in a Google classroom, or it maybe a different program.  My wife uses one that lets her share photos with parents of what their kids did in school that day, and parents can also send her photos of stuff from home, like how they are practicing school stuff or makeup work done at home when kids are out.  It's monitored and accessible by the school so no shenanigans are going on.  Hopefully, this school was using something like that, not just having parents send pics to teacher's personal phones. 

The moonbat's responses are fine examples of their hypocrisy/doublethink/cluelessness.  They want schools teaching kids about sex, masturbation, homosexuality, gender confusion, transitioning genders, abortion, "tucking" among other deviancies at 2nd grade and younger, they want open pedos with their pink and blue hair and tranny flags in classroom, but somehow, they are righteously upset over this.   :mental:
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.