Author Topic: Question For DU Attorneys  (Read 566 times)

Offline CC27

Question For DU Attorneys
« on: September 22, 2022, 07:48:44 AM »
DemocratSinceBirth (98,186 posts)

Is this correct:

"detrimental reliance is a necessary element in the filed civil claim against Trump."

Can you lie to secure a loan even if you can pay it back?

Thank you in advance.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217182443

Are will pitts ninja lawyers going to come out?  :whatever:

Offline zeitgeist

Re: Question For DU Attorneys
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 08:20:12 AM »
Alas ole Lefty Lawyer.  Too soon gone.  One can barely remember those halcyon days (were they at the old home?)   :bawl:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 08:48:15 AM »
DemocratSinceBirth hit two Achilles' Heels of this frivolous lawfare-suit:

* Banks were in no way obligated to accept the Trump organizations' valuation of their properties; it would have been a gross violation of bank management's fiduciary duty to shareholders if the bank did not research, independently, the value of assets that would be collateral for a loan;

* I'll state this slowly, for the sake of any DU onlurker who chances to read this: Trump ... paid ... off ... the ... loan(s)!!! No bank was injured, therefore the lawsuit is baseless.

This move is simply taking Prog Hate-Trump lawfare into a court with a lower burden of proof than criminal court (IOW, the NY AG knows she can't prove a criminal case beyond a reasonable doubt).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 02:48:25 PM »
DemocratSinceBirth (98,186 posts)

Is this correct:

If your name is Trump can you be tried and convicted even if no crime has been committed?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 05:26:28 PM »
These thread topics asking for legal understanding at the DUmp always make me chuckle. Honestly, my 2 kitty cats, Crack-Head and Crack-Head Jr. have a better understanding of the law then any Muppet at the DUmp.  :loser:

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 09:00:47 PM »
Quote from:
moonshinegnomie

5. (snip)

for example if you get a mortgage of a 300k house and make a 15k (5%) down payment you will be charged a certain interest rate

if instead you put down 60K (20%) your rate will be in all likely hood lower since you are perceived as less of a credit risk.

This is what makes DU so entertaining. You just don’t get that level of stupid anywhere else except LW sites.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 12:02:43 AM »
>DemocratSinceBirth (98,186 posts)  Question For DU Attorneys

Just wait 48 hours like a good fitmas Rat since Birthday Boy.  You make Jacob Dumb look smart.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 02:19:25 PM »
DemocratSinceBirth hit two Achilles' Heels of this frivolous lawfare-suit:

* Banks were in no way obligated to accept the Trump organizations' valuation of their properties; it would have been a gross violation of bank management's fiduciary duty to shareholders if the bank did not research, independently, the value of assets that would be collateral for a loan;

This is the part that cracks me up...
Who has ever borrowed money using property as collateral and the bank just simply takes your word for it on the asset value?
Now imagine the loan is in the millions...
DUmpasses really are idiots.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 01:38:36 PM »
This is the part that cracks me up...
Who has ever borrowed money using property as collateral and the bank just simply takes your word for it on the asset value?
Now imagine the loan is in the millions...
DUmpasses really are idiots.
Fine toothed comb doesn't begin to describe what they did to my finances when I tried to borrow against another house for more rental property ( didn't follow through, rental property needed a new furnace and a million other things)
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 02:43:43 PM »
Familiarity with Section 8 forms/processes may be greater on DU than with mortgage forms/processes, definitely greater than with business mortgage forms/processes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 06:29:52 PM »
Is Laserhaas available? Or is he still tilting at the Romney windmill?
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe