Author Topic: Five killed in Iran during protests over death in custody - rights group  (Read 450 times)

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iranian-police-calls-death-mahsa-amini-an-unfortunate-incident-fars-2022-09-19/

DUBAI, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Five people were killed in Iran's Kurdish region on Monday when security forces opened fire during protests over the death of a woman in police custody, a Kurdish rights group said, on a third day of turmoil over an incident that has ignited nationwide anger.

Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old from Iran's Kurdistan province, fell into a coma and died following her arrest in Tehran last week by the morality police, sparking demonstrations in numerous areas including the capital.

Generates lots of interesting thoughts, like can the ayatollahs get these protests contained before they blow into a full revolt, will the US intervene, should we intervene, how would we, will Israel intervene/take advantage of the situation, why is this not at the top of every feed, where are the ACAB/defund the police rioters lining up to ship out to Tehran to do their thing against these morality police?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Five killed in Iran during protests over death in custody - rights group
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 04:46:44 PM »
U.S. intervene in a domestic issue in Iran?

Not just "no," but HELL NO.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022, 08:29:30 AM »

I throw that in as a thought because 1) wouldn't be the first time we've intervened in various ways to get hostile governments replaced 2) Iran is definitely a hostile government, openly trying to get nuclear weapons with the threat to use them against us and/or Israel, our ally, so it's within our interest to support regime change overtly or covertly. 

Not saying we should or shouldn't, I would want to know the exact plan before commenting, as well as who's running said plan, and even with a solid strategy, poking our noses in other country's affairs is always debatable, especially in the Middle East.  It's just one of the things that went through my mind seeing the story pop up.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022, 05:32:43 PM »
I throw that in as a thought because 1) wouldn't be the first time we've intervened in various ways to get hostile governments replaced 2) Iran is definitely a hostile government, openly trying to get nuclear weapons with the threat to use them against us and/or Israel, our ally, so it's within our interest to support regime change overtly or covertly. 

Not saying we should or shouldn't, I would want to know the exact plan before commenting, as well as who's running said plan, and even with a solid strategy, poking our noses in other country's affairs is always debatable, especially in the Middle East.  It's just one of the things that went through my mind seeing the story pop up.

I understand your question, and commentary. As for me, I don't mind commenting before the question even surfaces among the politicians whether to poke our noses in their business or not.

Given the track record of this particular administration regime, SharterJoe can't even surreptitiously fart without soiling himself and he's going to authorize an Iran mission?

That pedophile thinly disguised as a geezer politician would eff that up just as much as he's effed everything else he's touched in the past 50+ years.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2022, 06:54:00 PM »
Hero's welcome for Iranian athlete who competed without a hijab: Huge crowd cheers outside Tehran airport in early hours as rock climber returns… but her safety is far from guaranteed
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11331017/Iranian-climber-competed-without-hijab-receives-heros-welcome-return-Tehran.html

An Iranian rock climber who competed without her hijab at a competition in South Korea received a hero's welcome on her return to Tehran early Wednesday.

Elnaz Rekabi, 33, competed at the Seoul tournament on Sunday without her state-mandated headscarf, in what many took as a sign of solidarity for the nationwide protests in her homeland sparked by the death of Mahsa Amini in police custody.

But the unlikely heroine has attempted to play down the symbolism of the moment, after supporters and Farsi-language media outside of Iran raised concerns about Rekabi's safety, and reports suggesting that she could be imprisoned.

This comes as protests sparked by the September 16 death of 22-year-old Amini entered their fifth week, with the Iranian regime brutally cracking down on dissent.

Elnaz Rekabi competed in rock climbing in South Korea with her hijab. She is back to Iran with a hero's welcome. She could be in trouble.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 07:01:27 PM »
Iran’s Infamous Evin Prison Goes Up in Flames, Guards Reportedly Fire on Fleeing Prisoners
https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2022/10/17/irans-infamous-evin-prison-goes-up-flames-guards-reportedly-fire-fleeing-prisoners/

Evin Prison in Tehran, long notorious for both its hideous conditions and the large number of political prisoners held there, caught fire on Saturday.

Eight deaths were confirmed by the Iranian judiciary as of Monday morning, some of them reportedly shot by prison guards as they attempted to flee.

The Iranian regime vaguely attributed the casualties to “fights between inmates and a fire,” without any testimony, video evidence, or documentation. Regime media claimed half of the eight deaths claimed so far were from smoke inhalation.

Evin Prison went up in flames. Possibly related to the ongoing protest stemming from Mahsa Amini's death.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 06:56:30 AM »

Absolutely , positively HELL NO!!!!

We don't need to get involved in any more wars. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 09:13:39 AM »
Absolutely , positively HELL NO!!!!

We don't need to get involved in any more wars. :thatsright:

Unless it comes to violating U.S. sovereignty. You know, kinda like 9/11 -- which a helluva lot of people have totally forgotten about. The U.S. responded with political half-baked, bullshit and feeble attempts to defeat an enemy that has no borders. Barry got the credit for taking out bin Laden, but billions of dollars later, the muzzies are still procreating terrorists.  :censored:

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 12:54:30 PM »
Unless it comes to violating U.S. sovereignty. You know, kinda like 9/11 -- which a helluva lot of people have totally forgotten about. The U.S. responded with political half-baked, bullshit and feeble attempts to defeat an enemy that has no borders. Barry got the credit for taking out bin Laden, but billions of dollars later, the muzzies are still procreating terrorists.  :censored:

I do agree if our sovereignty is threatened..
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!