Author Topic: Kinzinger Worried GOP Will Impeach Biden 'Every Week' With a House Majority  (Read 625 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Kinzinger has never been particularly bright, and this vaunted statement is proof of that. Though I believe that impeachment as a method of vengeance is counterproductive. There is so much more that a Republican-controlled Congress should be doing, starting with controlling the purse strings on SharterJoe's dumbass agenda and stopping his reign of error.

One point, however, bears examination -- Kevin McCarthy. I can't imagine a worse Repub squish Speaker, unless it's Kinzinger himself. Or my own dumbass Rep, French Hill.

SharterJoe and the rest of his thugs would never be convicted in the Senate which, while POSSIBLY controlled by the Repubs, would never be able to muster 67 votes to convict any of them, especially SharterJoe.

Democrats have recently gained some lost ground heading into the November midterms. However, most political analysts still believe Republicans will prevail and at least win back majority control of the House after the dust settles on Nov. 8. What happens after that will be absolutely glorious, and it already has many individuals on Capitol Hill worried sick.

Several House Republicans have issued numerous threats regarding what actions they’ll take against Democrats, including multiple members of the Biden administration, if and when Republicans gain control of the lower chamber. Let’s just say that the House hearing schedule in 2023 will have never looked so packed.

Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), an anti-Trump RINO who, like Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), sacrificed his career due to an extreme case of Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS), went on record to say that he’s worried that his favorite leader, Joe Biden, will face calls for impeachment on a weekly basis from a GOP-led House.

“Back before we had all the crazies here — just some crazies — you know, every vote we took, we had to somehow defund ObamaCare … you’ll remember, right when we took over it was ‘We need to do the omnibus bill, but we’re not going to vote for it because it doesn’t defund ObamaCare,’” the outgoing congressman said during a CNN interview with David Axelrod.

Kinzinger added, “That’s going to look like child’s play in terms of what [Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.)] is going to demand of [House GOP Leader] Kevin McCarthy [Calif.]. They’re going to demand an impeachment vote on President Biden every week.”

Why yes, Mr. Kinzinger, that’s exactly what will happen, and it will be nothing less than popcorn-worthy entertainment every single week. Hell, we might even get an actual conviction if Republicans win control of the Senate, too.

The Hill noted the various issues that Republicans could tackle with subpoena power come January:

If they do secure the majority, a number of Republican lawmakers are preparing plans to impeach Biden on various matters. Some conservative House members have already introduced impeachment articles against the president over his administration’s efforts on border enforcement, the COVID-19 pandemic and the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan last year, to name a few.

Kinzinger, who isn’t running in November after he was redistricted out and lost the support of the few Republican voters who backed him, also worries that presumptive House Speaker McCarthy will have a difficult time managing all the “crazies,” — his term for pro-Trump lawmakers — unless he becomes one of the “crazies” himself.

“I think it’ll be a very difficult majority for him to govern unless he just chooses to go absolutely crazy with them. In which case you may see the rise of the silent, non-existent moderate Republican that may still exist out there, but I don’t know,” Kinzinger said, adding that he believes Republicans might even choose a more MAGA-aligned speaker.

Kinzinger expressed his glee to Axelrod about the possibility of McCarthy not becoming House Speaker next year before describing how such a scenario could unfold.

“I think if there’s, particularly if there’s a narrow Republican majority, let’s say there’s five, a five-seat Republican majority, it only takes five Republicans or six Republicans to come together, deny Kevin the speakership because they weren’t, let’s say, [Rep.] Jim Jordan [R-Ohio], where they have this idea that Donald Trump can sit as Speaker. Any of them can do that. And I know these Freedom Caucus members fairly well, and I know that they have no problem turning their back on [McCarthy] and they will,” Kinzinger claimed.

Kinzinger, one of two Republicans on the biased, Democrat-led House January 6 panel, used an ABC interview Sunday to warn Republican voters in his typical dramatic fashion that they’re being “abused” by Republican lawmakers.

Perhaps Kinzinger is concerned about the Republicans controlling the House because sometime down the road he might be on the receiving end of a subpoena to appear before a committee to explain his role and actions on the J6 panel. Who knows?

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/ryanledendecker/2022/09/19/good-kinzinger-worried-gop-will-impeach-biden-every-week-with-a-house-majority-n1630522
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Kinzinger Worried GOP Will Impeach Biden 'Every Week' With a House Majority
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 05:16:10 PM »
Every week?

Why not twice a week?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 05:18:41 PM »
Every week?

Why not twice a week?

What would that accomplish in getting the government back on track, assuming that's even possible?

Last time I checked, we don't necessarily pay Congress to conduct impeachment hearings. They're done when the opposing party has run out of other options. I am not convinced the Repubs would be out of options in January. The fun would just be starting.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 05:33:40 PM »
A has been never was, wondering where his 15 minutes of fame went.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 07:38:38 AM »
I hope that if the republicans do take back congress, and they do chose to impeach Biden, they do their homework first and only have to do once, instead of the political theater the left engaged in with their multiple attempts on Trump that they announced before he was even sworn in.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 08:02:12 AM »
The Rs might perpetually investigate/impeach LIEden? Why does that idea seem like deja vu?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 08:04:15 AM »
A has been never was, wondering where his 15 minutes of fame went.

He's long past his expiration date.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 09:34:22 AM »
Oh, kind of like the democrats did to Trump.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 09:38:55 AM »
He's long past his expiration date.

Have posted before that I admired Kinzinger when he was elected in the Tea Party wave in 2010. Decorated military veteran and seemed to have solid conservative credentials. But like a portion of the Republican party, something about Donald Trump just got his panties all in a bunch.

Just look how Illinois treated him, they gerrymandered his Congressional seat out of existence after the 2020 census.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2022, 12:51:53 PM »

Just look how Illinois treated him, they gerrymandered his Congressional seat out of existence after the 2020 census.

It wasn't just the DJT thing -- Kinzinger went completely over to the dark side, AFAIC, with the J6 sham.

I'm convinced he did it to stave off any such gerrymandering by the Dems, but Kinzinger hadn't learned that once the Dems get what they want out of Repubs, those Repubs wind up in the figurative woodchipper.

Maybe he's got a clue now.

Nope, didn't think so either.