Author Topic: I was actually sickened by Fox News this morning - the DeSantis stunt  (Read 1723 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member underpants (171,639 posts)

I was actually sickened by Fox News this morning - the DeSantis stunt
In a oneupsmanship move to counter Texas Gov. Abbott, Florida Gov. Ahole flew “illegals” up to near Martha’s Vineyard (Liberal enclave). They ended up on buses and then I saw this. They think these peoples lives are just a part of some game to them.

I saw this on Fox this morning and was sickened by it.
The set up was ha ha ha isn’t DeSantis soooo owning the Libs. They had a crew there with a reporter who basically frightened a young lady getting off the bus. The reporter could speak almost no Spanish. She was clearly surprised by him rushing up to her asking questions she clearly didn’t understand. She certainly was disoriented and unsure what was going on and suddenly there’s this guy asking rapid fire questions.

I flipped over to Fox as I do every once in a while but had to change the channel after that. The whole thing is based on meanness and this was a set up publicity stunt.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217159075

Well boo hoo DUmmie. You love this shit so deal with it.

Offline Karin

Re: I was actually sickened by Fox News this morning - the DeSantis stunt
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 08:04:14 AM »
Well, they all got their talking points memo this morning, along with the operative word of the day "cruel."  Expect to see that word over and over again.  Also, there will be 50 separate threads about it at the DUmp.   They're all pissed off at twitter, too. 

Star Member C_U_L8R (42,797 posts)

6. The racists of Twitter openly celebrate this inhumanity

At least I enjoy reporting each of them. Let's see if Twitter can keep its cesspool from overflowing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 09:01:39 AM »
 :rotf: Only 2 plane loads? Maybe 200-400 people *? :rotf: When it comes to giving the Vineyarders (and, unfortunately, those there who voted against Brandon) a taste of the medicine they voted to impose on Texas small towns and cities, that's a very tiny dose. Dem-majority cities need frequent doses, samples of the 100s of thousands of illegals with whom they voted (the out-voted excepted, of course) to flood Texas small towns and cities.

On another tack, I'd love for some brave DUer to challenge mal and underpants on why sending illegals to Martha's Vineyard isn't sending them to Paradise and a blessing to the Vineyard's Paradise-dwellers. mal is probably too Prog-sacred to be challenged (too bad Abbott and DeSantis can't send some of those illegals to Jamaica, :-) ).

* I learned a couple minutes ago that they only numbered ~50.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 11:08:11 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 09:57:51 AM »
Star Member C_U_L8R (42,797 posts)

6. The racists of Twitter openly celebrate this inhumanity

At least I enjoy reporting each of them. Let's see if Twitter can keep its cesspool from overflowing.

Really? Why is it only the red border states have to be kind and compassionate? Why can't you all be? Afterall, YOU'RE the ones who think there's no border issue and see no problem with all these people coming in illegally. Then you bitch and complain when they're shipped to your areas? You NIMBY pieces of gutter trash. Face it, it's not ABOUT humanity for you clowns; it's about drowning out the red voters in red states. Problem is is it's backfiring ROYALLY. The Texas border areas, which are majority Hispanic American, are flipping red. They're the ones being affected by the crime you idiots are cheering. You're all so damn racist that you think "those brown Americans will welcome those brown illegals" because you see everyone by an identity group. You're all wayyyyyy too shallow to think past that.

Mayra Flores, married to a Hispanic American border agent, just won election in a district that had been Dimrat for 110 years. Checkmate, bitches.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 10:57:06 AM by Rebel »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2022, 10:12:01 AM »

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 10:26:37 AM »
Don't most of those mansions have more bedrooms that people living in them?  Aren't many of them second homes that are empty part of the year?  Sounds like ample wealth that can be distributed to these poor refugees just looking for a better life. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 10:47:54 AM »
Personally speaking, what I find deeply cruel and inhumane is the promotion of illegal migration and the concomitant encouragement of smuggling gangs. The left (on both sides of the pond) is reducing potential migrants to pawns in their battle to destroy western civilisation; they're more than happy to have people die in dangerous (and unnecessary) journeys, they're perfectly happy for criminal gangs to be empowered just as long as they can wave their arms around and proclaim that this makes them anti-racist.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 11:23:48 AM »
Don't most of those mansions have more bedrooms that people living in them?  Aren't many of them second homes that are empty part of the year?  Sounds like ample wealth that can be distributed to these poor refugees just looking for a better life.

FEMA also has double wide trailers to setup on their properties if they are short bedrooms.  You can fit quite a few on Obummers 29 acres.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 11:47:43 AM »
:rotf: Only 2 plane loads? Maybe 200-400 people *? :rotf: When it comes to giving the Vineyarders (and, unfortunately, those there who voted against Brandon) a taste of the medicine they voted to impose on Texas small towns and cities, that's a very tiny dose. Dem-majority cities need frequent doses, samples of the 100s of thousands of illegals with whom they voted (the out-voted excepted, of course) to flood Texas small towns and cities.

On another tack, I'd love for some brave DUer to challenge mal and underpants on why sending illegals to Martha's Vineyard isn't sending them to Paradise and a blessing to the Vineyard's Paradise-dwellers. mal is probably too Prog-sacred to be challenged (too bad Abbott and DeSantis can't send some of those illegals to Jamaica, :-) ).

* I learned a couple minutes ago that they only numbered ~50.

Wait......I thought the border was "secure"?  How are there any illegal immigrants to send if the border is "Secure"??????????????????

:-) :-) :-)
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »
snowybirdie (4,099 posts)

9. News reports

are saying these immigrants are saying they came from Texas not Florida. So Deathsantis seems to be robbing the state's treasury to help Texas

It's real simple, DUmbass. Illegals come in to NM, AZ, and TX, and the Fed jets or buses them to other red states. They've been arriving here from Texas. DeSantis just decided to aid them in their journey to the liberal paradises you all wanted. ...and you're pissed they didn't stay out of your states/areas. Wow, you xenophobic, nationalistic mfers. tsk tsk tsk

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2022, 12:21:26 PM »
KY_EnviroGuy (13,937 posts)

35. Republicans executing human trafficking to get free MAGAt campaign ads.

One would think transporting non-citizens across state lines would be illegal.

Hmmmm, interesting.....

So basically, **** the national border but damnit! You better not cross those blue state borders!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2022, 12:24:52 PM »
Whence the silly "Deathsantis" pejorative? If it's a reference to Covid, FL's per-1M death rate is lower than MI's and NJ's, and only slightly higher than NY's or PA's.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2022, 12:28:36 PM »

35. Republicans executing human trafficking 1. to get free MAGAt campaign ads.

One would think transporting non-citizens across state lines would be illegal. 2.

1. NGOs have publicly stated that these illegals go willingly and know where they are going. That is not "human trafficking".

2. Great idea! Now apply it to OhBummer and LIEden, DU-Moron. :thatsright:  :tongue:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2022, 01:01:35 PM »
MSNBC's Chris Hayes Proves the Brilliance of Sending Illegals to Democrat Cities

It's always a bit tricky to keep up with the left's talking points because, well, they have no real standards — other than double-standards — underlying their stated beliefs. A prime example of their surface-deep commitment to "social justice" has been the liberal reaction to illegal immigrants showing up in Democrat-run cities. The same people that fill their lawns with "hate has no home here" signs have now become "not in my back yard" activists.

It's been happening in Chicago with Lori Lightfoot, New York with Eric Adams, Washington with Muriel Bowser, and most recently Martha's Vineyard and Vice President Kamala Harris' front yard. In response, even the mainstream media is now scrambling to reset the narrative in order to attack red states who are simply engaged in something the left loves: redistribution.

Instead of wealth being spread around, though, Republicans are sharing the crisis Biden's border policies have created. These supposedly "humane" policies are, of course, the same ones that see the violent monsters who make up drug cartels raping, trafficking, and profiting off of illegal immigrants as a result of Biden's abdication of responsibility for the U.S.-Mexico border.

Enter MSNBC's Chris Hayes who is the new poster child for the mainstream media and left's sudden change of heart about illegal immigrants and the brilliant practice of sending them to Democrat cities in order to make the left feel and see the impact of their actually inhumane open-border policies.

Back in April 2019, Hayes tweeted that it was "hilariously stupid" to think sending illegal immigrants to New York City would be "some kind of brilliant troll or rhetorical checkmake[sic]."

Well, now that Republican leaders are leaning into the idea that Hayes mocked, he's not laughing anymore. Which is because he was wrong with his earlier assertion. As it turns out, the idea of making Democrats confront the impact of their failed, dangerous, and inhumane border policies is, in fact, brilliant — as Hayes now proves.

Now, Hayes says it is "deeply sick and dehumanizing to fling human beings somewhere vindictively." My, how the tables have turned.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2022, 01:03:01 PM »
County commissioner once said he would 'love' for Martha's Vineyard to be immigrant 'haven'

Keith Chatinover now opposes how Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sent them to the Vineyard

While some Democrats are blasting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis for sending migrants to Martha's Vineyard, a county official said less than a year ago that he would "love" to see the area become a home for immigrants.

Keith Chatinover, a progressive county commissioner for Dukes County, Mass., where Martha's Vineyard is located, made the statement in response to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who was pushing a bill for Democrat-led areas like Martha's Vineyard to become ports of entry for processing migrants coming in from the southern border.

"I would love Martha’s Vineyard to become a haven for new immigrants to this country, but Senator Cruz has no idea what he’s talking about regarding a ‘border crisis,'" Chatinover told the MVTimes in October 2021.

Now that migrants have arrived in Martha's Vineyard, not everyone there is so happy about it.

Democratic State Rep. Dylan Fernandes slammed DeSantis, telling MVTimes that he thinks it is "incredibly inhumane that an individual would use human beings — men, women and children" as "political pawns."

Fernandes said that some migrants will likely need to be moved to an "off-Island location" due to limited housing availability at Martha's Vineyard.

Chatinover, meanwhile, remained consistent with his earlier position on welcoming migrants, but he disagreed with how DeSantis went about sending them.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2022, 02:00:56 PM »
Marthas vinyard , the hamptons and more of the enclaves of the rich and famous need more section 8 housing. :-)

Go Ron Go!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

One more term in Florida and 2 in DC !!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2022, 03:49:02 PM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/desantis-dumps-migrants-on-marthas-vineyard-locals-respond-kindly-2022-9?utm_source=reddit.com

State Rep. Dylan Fernandes on Twitter said the community rallied to help the migrants, putting them up in a local church.

"Our island jumped into action putting together 50 beds, giving everyone a good meal, providing a play area for the children, making sure people have the healthcare and support they need. We are a community that comes together to support immigrants," he wrote on Twitter.

He also shared photos of the makeshift accommodation.

Cyr, speaking with the Martha's Vineyard Times, criticized the move as a cruel political stunt. On Twitter, he said the migrants had arrived on a charter flight from Texas and appeared to be mostly from Venezuela.

Congratulations, you got your photo op and pot shots back at the "evil racists".  What happens to the illegals in two weeks, in a month, in a year?  Why are you only doing this once they show up in your backyard?  Where have you been for the years and years of illegals streaming over our boarder, murdering, getting in drunk driving accidents, selling drugs and children, filling up our schools and emergency rooms?  Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back for pulling out some pocket change (relatively speaking) for a few minutes while the spotlight is on you. 

Article couldn't help itself in mentioning that Obama and Clinton spend time in the Vineyard.  Wonder how much they chipped in?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2022, 07:42:19 PM »

This has got to be the stupidest thought said today, at the DUmp.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 10:04:18 PM »
In tribute to this thread, I changed my sig 'n av...

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2022, 10:24:34 PM »
Sanctuary cities/states welcome illegals - until they actually show up. :rofl:

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2022, 05:44:48 AM »
You leftist pieces of shit loved the idea of millions of illegals sucking down public services as long as it was in rural areas where they were kept in shacks and bunkhouses working menial jobs for poverty wages.

The only thing that pisses you off about this is that now your marxist elites have to show their true selves when confronted with the reality of the situation that proves you have been liars all along.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2022, 06:43:41 AM »
Texas and Florida should offer up paying for affordable housing at Martha’s Vineyard. That would probably cost us less and it would really show their hypocrisy.

Could you imagine the whining that would go on?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2022, 11:51:49 AM »
Texas and Florida should offer up paying for affordable housing at Martha’s Vineyard. That would probably cost us less and it would really show their hypocrisy.

KC

shipping containers in 1...2...3...
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2022, 12:43:19 PM »

KC

FEMA has plenty of double wide's although its too late now as the liberals on MV called in the National Guard to escort them off to the camps.   I'm sorry who are the Nazis again?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 12:51:15 PM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2022, 12:45:35 PM »
This has got to be the stupidest thought said today, at the DUmp.

State lines are inviolable, sacred entities, as we learned from the trial of noted serial state line crosser, Kyle Rittenhouse.