Author Topic: My RepuliKKKlan maga racist associates are having a meltdown over a black littl  (Read 616 times)

Offline CC27

Duncanpup (10,222 posts)

My RepuliKKKlan maga racist associates are having a meltdown over a black little mermaid
I did tell them you know mermaids are probably not real. Ok I’m heading to google earth to hunt for bigfoot.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217155436

WTF  are you talking about?

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
A trailer for the live action remake of The Little Mermaid was revealed this week, and Halle Barry is Ariel.  Much squealing from moonbats about how wonderful it is to make a traditionally white character black, and some griping about how asinine it is to randomly change the skin color of a fictional character. 

I suspect much of the actually hateful comments on the topic are from pot stirrers and NPCs who have no problem generating the evil nazi commentary they just know is out there, and those are being amplified beyond the actual amount of "hate" being spewed (there are always at least a few genuine idiots on such topics).  Any attempts to question the logic of just turning a character from a northern European fairy tale black for the sake of appeasement, or asking why not make new, intentionally diverse characters to look up to, or even pulling from non-European folk tales to diversify entertainment get lumped into the "don't you dare complain, you evil klansman!!!111!!"

Wonder what will happen to those fragile young minds when they eventually hear how the Little Mermaid really ends and picture that happening to a black woman  :whistling:
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I'm ready for Karl Urban to be cast as the Black Panther.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Drafe Hoblin

A 'meltdown'...  Really??  About a cartoon or whatever it is?  Who's actually the racist here? 

Offline SVPete

It's a Don't-Care for me, but does anyone believe race-baiter Progs wouldn't have a shrieking meltdown if "Porgy and Bess" or "A Raisin in the Sun" lead characters were cast with white actors and actresses?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
I'm ready for Karl Urban to be cast as the Black Panther.

KC

I'd rather see him in the sequel of Dredd. He did a better job than Stalone's abomination of the character.

As for the Black Panther sequel. I am curious as to who will become the main character with King T'Chala being killed off. With Chadwick Boseman's death, it's better to kill the character off than recast the part IMO. Plus they finally got around to adding Prince Namor to the MCU in this movie.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
SheilaAnn

11. My joy is looking at the beautiful young black faces realizing Ariel is just like them. It doesn't
get better than that, it just doesn't...

That’s a sad commentary on the depth of the evil of identity politics the left has taken us.

If a group has reached the point where they derive a sense of importance based upon some cartoon having the same color skin as they are, there’s not enough characters that can be recreated to satisfy that degree of self-loathing.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
A trailer for the live action remake of The Little Mermaid was revealed this week, and Halle Barry is Ariel. 
You had me at Halle Barry :thumbs:

I am surprised the producers of the film did not go full woke and cast Ru'paul as Ariel instead.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline enslaved1

I'd rather see him in the sequel of Dredd. He did a better job than Stalone's abomination of the character.

As for the Black Panther sequel. I am curious as to who will become the main character with King T'Chala being killed off. With Chadwick Boseman's death, it's better to kill the character off than recast the part IMO. Plus they finally got around to adding Prince Namor to the MCU in this movie.

Mexican Namor seems weird.  Since the MCU is technically it's own continuity, there's some room to change things up, but on the surface it looks like the same type of random diversity insert that black Little Mermaid is.  Used to be there were blue Atlanteans, if you want to diversify, why not make him a smurf?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Halle Berry is not Ariel. It's Halle Bailey. And some are making a big fuss about this but I watched the teaser trailer and it really doesn't show enough to make a determination on the quality of the movie. Mostly some people are upset that she isn't white. I wait until more is known before I pass judgment on the movie.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline enslaved1

Halle Berry is not Ariel. It's Halle Bailey. And some are making a big fuss about this but I watched the teaser trailer and it really doesn't show enough to make a determination on the quality of the movie. Mostly some people are upset that she isn't white. I wait until more is known before I pass judgment on the movie.

Oops.  Didn't read the name close enough to realize that.  Or care enough about another Disney remake to watch the trailer and see it.  Just fascinated by the howling and people getting distracted from things that actually impact life. 

Offline 3rd-try

I seriously doubt anybody gives a happy damn about the race of a mermaid...A DAMN MERMAID!!!
Just the toxic, woke lefties trying to create a new injustice they can champion against.

Please! Go get a job, pay off your student loan depts, and just STFU!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Duncanpup (10,222 posts)

My RepuliKKKlan maga racist associates are having a meltdown over a black little mermaid
I did tell them you know mermaids are probably not real. Ok I’m heading to google earth to hunt for bigfoot.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217155436

They gave a black girl red hair. Who's the racist? What's wrong with natural black hair?  :popcorn:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Muddling 2

I seriously doubt anybody gives a happy damn about the race of a mermaid...A DAMN MERMAID!!!
Just the toxic, woke lefties trying to create a new injustice they can champion against.

Please! Go get a job, pay off your student loan depts, and just STFU!

Just more "Fan Baiting" to gin up controversy and attention for another reboot.

Canonically, there's no reason a mermaid couldn't be any race.  But, w/o fan baiting the movie is not likely to get very much attention.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline landofconfusion80

Canonically, there's no reason a mermaid couldn't be any race.  But, w/o fan baiting the movie is not likely to get very much attention.
I always figured a mermaid was a watery tart
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Frankly, I don't give a shit WTF comes out of Hollyweird any more. If they really wanted to attract my attention, they should re-cast Harvey Weinstein's gi-normous ass as the Li'l Trans-Mermaid.

It still wouldn't get me to buy a ticket to that crap, but it would have my attention momentarily.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline RuralNc

All this nonsense started when the cries for a "Black Santa Claus" were heard.

Just say'n.

Offline freedumb2003b

Some guy used AI software to redo the trailer but made Ariel a white ginger. His accounts on YT, TW and IG  were suspended.  So much for the lies about people being not being banned purely for political viewpoints.

The video is out there still but I am nit sure where...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

Ooinions on YT are 500K thumbs up, 1.5Mm down.  It is going to crash and burn at the box office.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.