Author Topic: Stock Market tanks, DOW -1000... Inflation report comes in hot...  (Read 529 times)

Offline CC27

Stock Market tanks, DOW -1000... Inflation report comes in hot...
« on: September 13, 2022, 01:47:05 PM »
Star Member WarGamer (6,573 posts)

Stock Market tanks, DOW -1000... Inflation report comes in hot...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-updates-september-13-2022-090235060.html

U.S. stocks nosedived Tuesday after a surprising inflation report showed prices rose more than expected last month.

Technology stocks led the way down, with the Nasdaq Composite plunging 4%. The S&P 500 sank 3%, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average erased 870 points, or 2.7%.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics released the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for August early Tuesday, which showed prices rose 8.3% over the prior year and 0.1% over the prior month. Economists had expected an 8.1% increase in inflation over last year and a decline of 0.1% over the prior month.
Calculating (2,467 posts)

2. Not good

This will kill us in the midterms if this doesn't turn around. Like 80% of my stocks are red for the year in my portfolio, people can't be happy. I keep buying more stocks every paycheck thinking I'm getting a deal, and then everything just drops again.

Embrace the suck asshole.

Star Member WarGamer (6,573 posts)

3. The Fed is choosing RECESSION over INFLATION.

Bad policy... don't forget, Powell was appointed by Trump. My tinfoil hat corner of my brain suspects he's trashing the economy for November.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217152734

You have  got to be kidding me with that line.  :whatever:

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Stock Market tanks, DOW -1000... Inflation report comes in hot...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 03:09:57 PM »
Calculating (2,467 posts)

2. Not good

This will kill us in the midterms if this doesn't turn around. Like 80% of my stocks are red for the year in my portfolio, people can't be happy. I keep buying more stocks every paycheck thinking I'm getting a deal, and then everything just drops again.

Maybe it's time to switch parties a hole! :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 04:09:32 PM »
Let's Go Brandon!  Your work here is not done.  :mad:

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 04:17:38 PM »
Maybe it's time to switch parties a hole! :thatsright:

Oh no!  :thatsright:

These dumb ****ers stay right where they're at. They don't get to party jump until AFTER they clean up the godforsaken mess they made. Just like I don't want them emigrating from their leftist-run shitholes and screwing up MY state with their harebrained ideas of how a friggin' government should work.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 04:18:46 PM »
Everybody has this wrong!

The DOW increased its value from 32,380 to 31,104.

The S&P increased its value from 4,110 to 3,932.

The NASDAQ increased its value from 12,266 to 11,633.

As to inflation, Pedo Hitler and the destructocrats are already marking up a new bill to spend trillions of borrowed dollars to get the inflation that was not addressed in the Inflation Reduction Act. Biden said "I don't care how much money we have to spend to get inflation under control."
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 04:29:33 PM »
Everybody has this wrong!

The DOW increased its value from 32,380 to 31,104.

The S&P increased its value from 4,110 to 3,932.

The NASDAQ increased its value from 12,266 to 11,633.

As to inflation, Pedo Hitler and the destructocrats are already marking up a new bill to spend trillions of borrowed dollars to get the inflation that was not addressed in the Inflation Reduction Act. Biden said "I don't care how much money we have to spend to get inflation under control."

OK Karine Jean-Pierre.  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline RuralNc

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 05:54:27 PM »
A couple of truly laughable responses not already posted:

Star Member honest.abe (6,340 posts)

12. I think these are residual inflation numbers and don't reflect the true picture.

Fuel and gas prices are the key to this whole mess and those prices are way down. I predict a major decrease in inflation numbers next month. Its a shame the Fed is about to ramp up interest rates unnecessarily.. imo.

:orly:

MichMan (7,389 posts)

20. I dont believe any of the "experts" anymore

A year ago they claimed it was only transitory and would go away quickly. Now everything is up another 8% over what it was back then.

:muahaha: :lies:

Ace Rothstein (2,659 posts)

15. Food definitely isn't way down where I shop.

In fact it still seems to be on the rise.

17. Yeah, I know. Same here.

My point is that it will take awhile for the lower fuel costs to affect the costs of things like food. Next month I think we will see price declines across the board.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 06:43:27 PM »

17. Yeah, I know. Same here.

My point is that it will take awhile for the lower fuel costs to affect the costs of things like food. Next month I think we will see price declines across the board.

October is when people in the North East traditionally turn on the furnace.  I suspect they will be delaying that as long as possible due to the "lower fuel costs".  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 08:38:14 PM »

12. I think these are residual inflation numbers and don't reflect the true picture.

Fuel and gas prices are the key to this whole mess and those prices are way down. I predict a major decrease in inflation numbers next month. Its a shame the Fed is about to ramp up interest rates unnecessarily.. imo.

I think this DUmbass is on to something, just not in the way he thinks.

We know for a fact that the regime has been pulling economic numbers out of its ass since early in Reggie Love's Li'l Bitch's regime, to cover for the fact that the real figures show what an utter irredeemable cluster**** Dim'Rat governance has been.

I suspect the DUmbass is correct that some "spectacular" economic numbers will be released by #JoeThePedophile's pet propagandists late this month or early next month, so that the leftist scum of the Dim'Rat party can point to them as the rubes go into the voting booths in November. The part that the DUmbass isn't saying out loud is that those numbers will be revised downward - still ridiculous, but closer to the obscenities they're trying to hide then the fantasy figures they'll push for the midterms - over the 3 months or so following the "elections".

So, broken clock ...frequency of correctness. Y'all know the drill.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 06:53:50 AM »
Ugh. Think about it, we are only 1 year and 7 months into this absolute disaster riding on the Pale horse.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 09:00:25 AM »
FIFY:

MichMan (7,389 posts)

20. I dont sic believe any of LIEden's Spokes-Parrots anymore

A year ago they claimed it was only transitory and would go away quickly. Now everything is up another 8% over what it was back then.

Yeah, I know, DUmmies would not speak that much truth. Besides misidentifying the source of the LIEden's Spokes-Parrot lies, those, "It is transitory," comments were predictions. The 8.3% inflation year over year number is from data, not pulled from Spokes-Parrots' rectums.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2022, 02:04:16 PM »

I think this DUmbass is on to something, just not in the way he thinks.

We know for a fact that the regime has been pulling economic numbers out of its ass since early in Reggie Love's Li'l Bitch's regime, to cover for the fact that the real figures show what an utter irredeemable cluster**** Dim'Rat governance has been.

I suspect the DUmbass is correct that some "spectacular" economic numbers will be released by #JoeThePedophile's pet propagandists late this month or early next month, so that the leftist scum of the Dim'Rat party can point to them as the rubes go into the voting booths in November. The part that the DUmbass isn't saying out loud is that those numbers will be revised downward - still ridiculous, but closer to the obscenities they're trying to hide then the fantasy figures they'll push for the midterms - over the 3 months or so following the "elections".

So, broken clock ...frequency of correctness. Y'all know the drill.
I'm afraid both sides do it, not just the democrats. They just do it worse. Reagan spent the soviets into oblivion. Both bushes put us into wars we couldn't pay for. Covid under Trump cost the equivalent to the whole gdp for a year. We can't go on spending like this forever, cuts must be made and not just accounting tricks like Gingrich and Clinton did to balance the budget
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)