Author Topic: Gas prices last night: someone wrote Biden did that on the pump. Bouncy  (Read 757 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member Meowmee (3,668 posts)

Gas prices last night: someone wrote Biden did that on the pump 😀

Last edited Tue Sep 13, 2022, 06:07 AM - Edit history (1)

So I got some gas in the way home. Filled half a tank, I barely drive at all anymore and I never drove that much in recent years, just locally and to work mostly. Regular is down to 3.39 from last time. While I’m getting the gas I look at the part where it says regular and I noticed someone wrote in permanent marker Biden did this, lol. At first I thought it was a criticism of Biden but then I realized it was the opposite. I took a photograph of it on my phone but I can’t post it here unfortunately.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217151234

You are so full of shit. BTW, I thought these were Putin's gas prices?  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

Re: Gas prices last night: someone wrote Biden did that on the pump. Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 07:54:57 AM »
While not at its peak of several months ago, gasoline prices hereabouts are still about a dollar higher than they were in December 2020.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 08:39:56 AM »
We are at $4.06 right now, which is still unaffordable for the economics of the area. 

DUmp thread is lackluster.  They pretty much talked about how to post photos from your phone.  Where's the adoration, DUmbasses?

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 10:31:49 AM »
DFW area has dropped, we've got places at $2.99.  I've been genuinely curious about what has caused it.  It's hard to believe it's anything Biden actually did, even accidentally, and yes still significantly higher than what it was before Slow Joe was able to launch his assault on evil fossil fuels.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 11:15:09 AM »
DFW area has dropped, we've got places at $2.99.  I've been genuinely curious about what has caused it. It's hard to believe it's anything Biden actually did, even accidentally, and yes still significantly higher than what it was before Slow Joe was able to launch his assault on evil fossil fuels.

Strategic reserves are being depleted at an alarming rate all to keep gas prices artificially lower. Screw national security!

Let's Go Brandon.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 11:24:04 AM »
8.3% inflation. Can someone remind me what the wage increases were again?

God help us when the "inflation reduction act" kicks in.  :censored:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 11:41:07 AM »
Gas prices here in glorious Peoples Democratic Republic of Kalifornia are $5.25 regular at cheapest place a mere doubling plus since Pedo Hitler stole the election.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 11:44:03 AM »
Gas prices here in glorious Peoples Democratic Republic of Kalifornia are $5.25 regular at cheapest place a mere doubling plus since Pedo Hitler stole the election.

Come on man! How do you steal an election with 81,000,000 votes? No joke. :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 12:22:31 PM »

CA is a big place, with gas prices varying, sometimes extremely, on proximity to refineries and difficulty of transport. I would be very surprised is gas prices in the town of Mendocino are below $7 a gallon (Mendocino being, historically, one of the highest-priced towns or cities in CA). OTOH, here in Silicon Valley the price at Costco is probably $3.80-$3.90 a gallon. But, as I posted above, that is still ~$1 per gallon higher than in December 2020, before Biden's attacks on oil production and re-injection of government hostility into the energy marketplace.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2022, 12:58:14 PM »
Strategic reserves are being depleted at an alarming rate all to keep gas prices artificially lower. Screw national security!

Let's Go Brandon.

I was afraid that was the answer, since draining our reserves was the last thing I had heard he was doing. 

Assuming things go the way they should and we get a decent republican in 2024, any takers on the odds of the left crying about how empty those reserves are then?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2022, 01:24:51 PM »
Just curious, for you West Coasters. Do you have "Flex Fuel"?

I have a newer F150, which runs on the stuff. I was able to get it for $2.65 Saturday morning.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2022, 01:31:05 PM »
Just curious, for you West Coasters. Do you have "Flex Fuel"?

I have a newer F150, which runs on the stuff. I was able to get it for $2.65 Saturday morning.
Not as great as you'd think. The range is significantly diminished on e85. My wife's van can run on it. The price of it has to be 25% less than 87 for her to put it in the tank to account for the range loss
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline enslaved1

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2022, 01:56:27 PM »
Not as great as you'd think. The range is significantly diminished on e85. My wife's van can run on it. The price of it has to be 25% less than 87 for her to put it in the tank to account for the range loss

Second that.  My 2016 Dodge Caravan will use flex fuel, and it was nice when we weren't driving very far to get gas for 10-20 cents less, but on road trips, when I started doing rideshare, and when we moved further away from town, the lower MPG eats up that savings and then some. 

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2022, 02:08:09 PM »
Second that.  My 2016 Dodge Caravan will use flex fuel, and it was nice when we weren't driving very far to get gas for 10-20 cents less, but on road trips, when I started doing rideshare, and when we moved further away from town, the lower MPG eats up that savings and then some. 

Interesting. My F150, with 5 liter, I have never particularly noticed any major drops in efficiency. But it does seem to adjust for Horsepower. Maybe thats the difference?

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2022, 04:05:28 PM »
Interesting. My F150, with 5 liter, I have never particularly noticed any major drops in efficiency. But it does seem to adjust for Horsepower. Maybe thats the difference?
Yes, ethanol does boost power. That's why they use it in top fuel dragsters and indy cars

Offline jukin

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2022, 04:09:07 PM »
here in Silicon Valley the price at Costco is probably $3.80-$3.90 a gallo

I'm not calling you a liar but I'm not believing that gas is $3.90.

ON EDIT GAS BUDDY SAYS THE COSTCO IN SANTA CLARA IS $5.04. So maybe you buy gas at the super secret COSTCO in silicon valley. Must take hours in line at a 23% discount.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 04:13:44 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2022, 04:11:32 PM »
Yes, ethanol does boost power. That's why they use it in top fuel dragsters and indy cars

Funny. Whenever I think "Top Fuel" dragsters, my thoughts first arrive at the nitro-methane (methane and nitroglycerine) burners, rather than the alcohol fueled category...

Hmmm...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline jukin

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2022, 04:17:03 PM »

Let's Go Brandon.

I read that the Strategic Oil Reserve is at its lowest since 1982.... WHEN THEY STARTED FILLING THE DAMN THING.

This is not random Joedolph Shitler and the democrats are doing this on purpose to destroy our country.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2022, 04:25:27 PM »
I was afraid that was the answer, since draining our reserves was the last thing I had heard he was doing. 

Assuming things go the way they should and we get a decent republican in 2024, any takers on the odds of the left crying about how empty those reserves are then?

Wait until we have to refill them at the current or even future price per barrel under this clown.  :censored:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2022, 05:59:14 PM »

What im thinking, the computer adjusts the engine, for the ethanol boost. If that makes sense.

In the 600+ page instructional booklet, somewhere in there, I recall reading that they dont recommend constantly switching back and forth. I pretty much stick with Flex Fuel, unless for some reason I have no choice.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2022, 08:56:00 PM »
Funny. Whenever I think "Top Fuel" dragsters, my thoughts first arrive at the nitro-methane (methane and nitroglycerine) burners, rather than the alcohol fueled category...

Hmmm...
You're correct sir. Nitro 90% alcohol 10% in T/F. However, there are top alcohol dragster and top alcohol funny car classes that run straight alcohol as fuel.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2022, 09:58:59 PM »
Get used to the phrase "I (Biden) did that", because we could be seeing more of the same crap results in the near future.

Offline enslaved1

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2022, 08:38:58 AM »
I jinxed it by asking.  Everywhere jumped back up to $3.29 last night   :banghead:

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 02:08:39 PM »

Hmmm...
I'll bow to your knowledge of drag categories. I'm just focused on the energy in an engineering sense. Have you ever seen the invisible fire video on an indy car? Can't recall what the fuel was, but they quit using it really quick after that accident

Went looking for it...raw alcohol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku7TdLeEGsQ
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 02:11:18 PM by landofconfusion80 »