Author Topic: Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING can be sorted out if we get two more Senators.  (Read 455 times)

Offline CC27

A HERETIC I AM (23,043 posts)

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING can be sorted out if we get two more Senators.

We need 2 more than we currently have. Those two will negate Manchin and Sinema. We also have to keep the house.

Then it should go like this;

1) Do away with the filibuster
2) Immediately pass the various voting rights acts bills. I understand one of them includes provisions to do away with Gerrymandered districts and will instantly make illegal and wipe out all the voting restriction bills so far introduced in the various states. This will make voting MUCH easier. This simple act will mean fewer Republican controlled state houses and Trumpy will have been the last Republican President for 50 years at least.
3) If #2 happens, the Democratic vote swells massively.
4) EXPAND THE SUPREME COURT TO 13 SEATS! The legislation is approved and Joe picks 4 liberal judges who get approved by the majority Senate. Investigate and if appropriate, impeach Thomas, Barret and Kavanaugh, the latter two for lying during their confirmations and the former for having a criminal for a wife and being stuck in the 1800’s.
5) Codify Reproductive Choice. (This is a winning issue)
6) Remove Cannabis from the Federal Schedule I and make it federally legal for recreational usage. (This is also a winning issue)
7) Repeal Citizens United and institute public funding of elections.

I could go on with a wish list (like repeal the Taft-Hartley Act, giving real power back to organized labor) but the first 5 above could happen within weeks after the new Senators are sworn in.

We need at least;
Val Demings of Florida to beat Rubio
John Fetterman of Pennsylvania to beat the New Jersey carpetbagger
And Warnock has to kick that imbecile Walker’s ass all the way back to Texas.

THIS COULD ALL HAPPEN.

It must, for if we lose in November, we have lost more than just an election.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217134008

BLAH BLAH BLAH stomp your  feet

Offline 67 Rover

If Republicans take control of the Senate do you think they would still be OK with eliminating the Filibuster?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

If Republicans take control of the Senate do you think they would still be OK with eliminating the Filibuster?

If the Rs regain the majority in the Senate, the filibuster will again become a sacred thing to Ds, hidden somewhere under the shadow of a penumbra of the Constitution.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

Yes, because permanent one-party rule has worked so well everywhere it's been tried.

Offline 67 Rover

If the Rs regain the majority in the Senate, the filibuster will again become a sacred thing to Ds, hidden somewhere under the shadow of a penumbra of the Constitution.

Strange that!  Even given that it would pass with bipartisan support.  :-)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline jukin

Got to warn a guy. I just laughed coffee out of my nose. That was gold Jerry, comedy gold.

:cheersmate:
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Then they claim that we want a dictatorship.

Response to A HERETIC I AM (Original post)

Thu Sep 8, 2022, 08:58 AM

Beastly Boy (4,775 posts)
10. This is THE major reason why DOJ must be extra careful with what they share with the public,

and why the J6 Committee should become more public with their investigation .

The J6 Committee has done an excellent job swaying the voters away from MAGA, and they could probably do more of the same. But DOJ arresting or indicting Trump could galvanize MAGA and create conditions where Democrats would lose both houses. At this point in time, any talk of DOJ arresting or indicting Trump is just plain crazy.

Thanks for admitting it is all political.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
"Both houses" Hmm, there are two chambers of congress, but not two houses. I'm convinced these idiots were stand-in's on Idiocracy in the House of Representin'. "Georgia's in Florida, dumbass".

Maybe I'm being all nitpicky.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
That could lead to things being 'sorted out' alright.

Just not the way they're thinking.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Where are they getting these two new senators?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ADsOutburst

Unfortunately, republicans have a lot more seats to defend. Everything else in that post is wishful thinking, and in some cases, possibly on shaky legal ground.

EDIT: Maybe it's not as bad for republicans as I thought, but democrats gaining seats in the senate is possible.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 02:54:03 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Maybe from one of Obama's 7 extra states.

Offline freedumb2003b

It worked out so well when choosing the SCOTUS pick, eh?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

PR or DC

Not gonna happen.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline RuralNc

Unfortunately, republicans have a lot more seats to defend. Everything else in that post is wishful thinking, and in some cases, possibly on shaky legal ground.

EDIT: Maybe it's not as bad for republicans as I thought, but democrats gaining seats in the senate is possible.

Shaky legal ground didnt stop ol'Joe previously. If somehow Dems. gain complete control, whos going to stop them. Legal shakey ground or not.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

I imagine, from the same place their facts originate...

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus