Author Topic: Christians are helping women, we MUST stop this madness!  (Read 469 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Christians are helping women, we MUST stop this madness!
« on: August 29, 2022, 09:27:54 PM »
This appears to be a particularly hateful DUmmie.

https://democraticunderground.com/100217096943#post24

Mon Aug 29, 2022, 02:00 PM
Star Member Maraya1969 (19,972 posts)

I have been to a few thrift stores in my area of SW FL that are
connected to a Christian church and they either try to hide it or just do not link to them openly.

The last one was last week. I had been to this place and was gong back in with a bag full of stuff when it occurred to me to ask what organization they were with, (They previously told me they were a charity that helped women recovering from addictions). The guy told me that they were associated with this church I happen to know. They use "Being saved" as a way of recovering from addictions.

Which may work for some people. But as we all know here that church and its beliefs can be very dangerous.

When the guy told me I said something like, "I don't like that" and then, "I don't like that you are kind of hiding that" and another woman who was standing near me agreed.  (And everyone clapped!)

But truthfully I think they need to hide. There are plenty of thrift stores around here - Habitat for humanity, one for the women's shelter, animal welfare ones. Who the hell is going to donate to an organization that causes such hurt and pain to so many people? (And I am one of those people......I feel lucky to have gotten out of the whole scene).

The Christian church really needs to look at their declining poll numbers and their reputations. It is so obvious that they need to fix a bunch of things. Any other group that is not a cult would have done some reputation recovery after finding out what people think of them. But I swear I think that so many of these types of Christians think they are "The chosen ones" and don't even see how wildly hated they are.

Dang, our poll numbers are low... you know, that thing we live for.

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 04:56 PM
Star Member mitch96 (10,833 posts)

2. the big "tell" for me is when leaving they say "have a blessed day".. Always get it at
chick-fil-a and hobby lobby.. that's why I stopped going there.. Passive "secret" code words I guess...
m

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  !!!!

Response to mitch96 (Reply #2)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 06:35 PM
Star Member Conjuay (74 posts)

3. I pretend
deafness and answer back,
"You have a blasted day too!"

alright you guys...  knock it off.

esponse to Maraya1969 (Original post)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 07:53 PM
Mariana (14,099 posts)

4. Habitat for Humanity is a Christian organization.
Just saying.

ouch... that's gotta burn

and here he comes, one of my favorite posters over there, always willing to throw that grenade, the BlackSkimmer

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 09:08 PM
Star Member BlackSkimmer (47,244 posts)

6. "Their declining poll numbers"?
Are there really polls about “Christian churches”? Which ones?
Methodist? Presbyterian? Episcopal?

Response to BlackSkimmer (Reply #6)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 09:11 PM

8. Just numbers. Christianity has been declining in numbers for a long time
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the US.

Response to Maraya1969 (Reply #8)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 09:17 PM

9. So there are no polls?
Do you find Islam to be a “better” religion?

Response to Maraya1969 (Reply #11)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 10:01 PM
ForgedCrank (911 posts)

19. "I am not commenting on what religion I like or do not like"
It's odd that you say that after reading the original post.

Response to ForgedCrank (Reply #19)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 10:06 PM

20. In that particular post I was making no comment. That does not
mean that I have never commented or that I do not have an opinion.
I grew up in that church. The minister that molested me was an integral part of that church for many many years. I was abused by people in that church.
So if you are here just to do a rah rah for the church it will fall on deaf ears with me.

Response to Maraya1969 (Reply #20)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 10:11 PM
ForgedCrank (911 posts)

23. Re-write
your post in a new one, and replace the words "Christian" with "Islam" and let's see what happens then. Something tells me you would be considerably more reserved.
I dont go around "just to do a rah rah", you post was hateful and an attempt to paint all of Christianity in a negative light, and I found it offensive and misguided.
"it will fall on deaf ears with me"
Likewise. I've said what I needed to say.

Response to BlackSkimmer (Reply #13)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 09:49 PM

15. Are you trying to harass me?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  !!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Maraya1969 (Original post)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 09:58 PM
ForgedCrank (911 posts)

17. Well, which

is it? When Christians are open about what they believe, it's "ramming it down our throats", then if we are quiet about it, something surely nefarious must be happening, some sort of evil like maybe helping women who ask for assistance with addiction. Yea, it would be best to starve this place of donations I recon.
Frankly, I don't think you have any idea how much these evil churches do. That is primarily because most of the time, bragging about it is considered self-serving, and we generally don't do that. It is mostly frowned upon. True charity only comes from the anonymous shadows carrying the name of all mankind, not an individual or his Church. We do it for our brothers and sisters, not ourselves.
Even if you believe God is an illusion, there are countless people who have this imaginary deity to thank for inspiring the work we do in order to help others in need.
I often read how terrible it is to judge an entire group of people based on what a few individuals do. You know, stereotyping. And I agree, it's short sighted and lazy thinking. Christians are humans, not infallible beings who are incapable of doing wrong. ALL of us are seriously flawed. And in case I really have to say it, anyone can call themselves a Christian. But that isn't even a requirement for being one.

Oh and trust me, we don't need to see a poll to know how badly some people hate. We see it all day, every day in some places.

hmm...

And I have to say, for many years I've considered this thought and came to the conclusion that there is no DUmmie who is redeemable. The BlackSkimmer primitive is making me reconsider, even though that is unlikely to change my mind.
I'm not sure how he's survived this long talking out of turn like this.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: Christians are helping women, we MUST stop this madness!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 09:51:40 PM »
the big "tell" for me is when leaving they say "have a blessed day".. Always get it at
chick-fil-a and hobby lobby.. that's why I stopped going there.. Passive "secret" code words I guess...
m

Ah yes, using my super-secret decoder ring, "have a blessed day" means "have a blessed day".

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 07:52:47 AM »
Ah yes, using my super-secret decoder ring, "have a blessed day" means "have a blessed day".

Yes that's true but if you play it backwards it summons demoncrats.  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 09:34:33 AM »
the big "tell" for me is when leaving they say "have a blessed day".. Always get it at

Whaddaya wanna bet this DUmbshit is bid adieu with a heartfelt "Bless your heart" far more often than s/h/it hears,   "Have a blessed day."?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 09:36:42 AM »
The Salvation Army is a religious charity and church. It has been aiding poor people since the time in the UK when truly aiding the poor was, ummm, unfashionable (see, for example, Oliver Twist, which, while fiction, did capture the state of UK poor laws).

Ever wonder why the Red Cross chose a cross for its symbol?

While AA may be the anti-addiction organization best known to Americans, rescue missions and similar organizations (including the Salvation Army) began a century earlier, in Europe and the US.

Ever notice the "Baptist" or "Presbyterian" or Biblical allusions (e.g. "Good Samritan") in the names of many hospitals? In many areas of the US, the main or only hospitals in the area are operated by Catholic organizations (e.g. Dignity Health, which the ACLU and Progs generally are attacking).

Two of the largest charity organizations in Silicon Valley working with recovery, the homeless, abused and pregnant women are City Team and InnVision. While the names of the organizations are not overtly religious, how hard is it to take 5 minutes to Google and nose about the organizations' websites? Unlike the anti-religious bigots among DU-folk, Silicon Valley cities and the county work with these and other charities that are religious (e.g. Silicon Valley's Beautiful Day), because these groups help people.

A serious consideration of the history of Christians' charity would swiftly recognize that it began within days or weeks of the Day of Pentecost (~30AD).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 09:49:39 AM »

6. "Their declining poll numbers"?
Are there really polls about “Christian churches”? Which ones?
Methodist? Presbyterian? Episcopal?

Trap set, and ...

... the ignorant Maraya1969 leaped into it. DU-member BlackSkimmer seems to know that it is Prog/Lib denominations, such as those (s)he listed that have been declining, significantly, for several decades, because they are going full-Prog/Lib. Maraya1969, showed that (s)he doesn't know even that much about Christianity in the US. And while, e.g. the Southern Baptists have flattened or declined a little, the non-denominational Evangelical churches that are harder to get stats on are growing. IOW, in the big picture, Evangelicals as a whole are growing, while "Progressive Christianity" is shrinking, significantly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 09:51:44 AM »
I used to work for a Christian organization that provided cribs, car seats, diapers, and other various baby/child items for families in need. Everything we offered was funded through our area churches.

These were necessities, and all brand-new. If any of the women who were our clients objected to the Christian values, they were certainly free to turn the stuff down. Amazingly, no one ever did.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 09:52:03 AM »

15. Are you trying to harass me?

So typical. Play the Victim Card when the card-player can't answer with facts.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 10:51:25 AM »
So typical. Play the Victim Card when the card-player can't answer with facts.

Yup, and down thread a bit, this lying primitive even pulls the "I was raped by Christians" line out. These people really make me want to vomit sometimes.
I'm still surprised that the BlackSkimmer DUmmie has managed to navigate that pit of vipers for as long as he has.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 12:12:16 PM »
Well, Christians are flawed human beings, and predators also seek out contexts with unsuspecting prey. So her claim is plausible, but broom-painting several billion Christians with the actions of one or a few is irrational (not to mention selective, given the problems of staff sexual predation in public schools and how teachers unions force schools to retain predators not tried and  sentenced to prison).

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »
Well, Christians are flawed human beings, and predators also seek out contexts with unsuspecting prey. So her claim is plausible, but broom-painting several billion Christians with the actions of one or a few is irrational (not to mention selective, given the problems of staff sexual predation in public schools and how teachers unions force schools to retain predators not tried and  sentenced to prison).

Well, while not impossible, I don't believe the DUmmie. I believe without doubt that those things do happen from time to time, but I think it's just a card they play in order to justify their hatred for Christianity. They think it gives them immunity for singling out and hating Christians. Seems like nearly every female DUmpass over there claims to have been raped before and I simply don't believe them. They are DUmmies and they lie. They lie all the time.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2022, 05:30:00 PM »
Response to BlackSkimmer (Reply #6)Mon Aug 29, 2022, 09:11 PM

If that is true, then we should be quite concerned. Mostly because of this crass S.O.B. For those of you lurking muppets in Rio Linda, this is Calypso Louie..

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 10:34:24 AM »
The Christian church really needs to look at their declining poll numbers and their reputations. It is so obvious that they need to fix a bunch of things

Broken clock moment, but not the way the moonbat meant.

https://www.christianitydaily.com/articles/11996/20210527/only-6-percent-of-americans-believe-biblical-worldview-barna-survey-reveals-family-research-council.htm

I find this stat interesting in two ways.  One, obviously, that the Church needs to get back to teaching and living The Truth.  Those dropping numbers mentioned have pretty close ties to the attempts to appeal to the world.  The other is to ask the moonbats, do you hate Christianity, or the poor example you see so much of?  Do you know the difference, or is your animosity just a knee jerk reaction?  Are you mad at the churches that fly rainbow flags and do gay marriage ceremonies directly against Biblical teachings?   Are you mad at churches that call sin sin and teach that all those sins can be forgiven, but they have to be given up? 

Also, just a reminder, none of this is a surprise to people paying attention. 

For many are called, but few are chosen." - Matthew 22:14

Matt 7:13-14

13Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.

21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’

23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Matt 7:21-23
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.