Author Topic: What Has Trump's Endless Prosecution Accomplished?  (Read 552 times)

Offline SVPete

What Has Trump's Endless Prosecution Accomplished?
« on: July 16, 2022, 06:05:47 PM »

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/on-the-political-efficacy-of-trumps

Tonight was meant to be the grand primetime finale of the January 6th hearings, but those have been postponed. MSNBC’s Ali Vitali, when asked the reason, answered in classic fashion. “Look,” she said. “You have to infer that the reason for that is they’re getting new cooperation, not least of which from former White House Counsel Pat Cipollone…”

Do we? Have to infer that? From George Nader to Michael Cohen to Hope Hicks to Michael Flynn to Don McGahn to Alexander Vindman to Cassidy Hutchinson to a long, long list of others, we’ve been repeatedly told the key Bearer Of Secrets had turned states evidence, and the “John Dean moment” was here. Do you remember the New Yorker article from the summer of 2018, “Allen Weisselberg, the Man Who Knows Donald Trump’s Financial Secrets, Has Agreed to Become a Coöperating Witness”? The one containing the line, “Allen is the one guy who knows everything”?
The Endless Prosecution not only failed to win Trump’s accusers the public’s loyalty, it apparently achieved the opposite, somehow swinging working-class and even nonwhite voters toward Republicans in what even Axios this week called a “seismic shift” in American politics.

Much of the article is behind a Subscription Wall, and I'm not. Taibbi's got a good point. Seven years of perpetual shamvestigations and shampeachments have not landed Trump in jail/prison for as much as an hour and have not even yielded a single ham-sandwich-grade idictment. What has been accomplished is that Trump's supporters have been steeled, and Dems & Progs are scared @#$%less of Trump, as evidenced by Pelosiroo's Kangaroo Kourt Klown Kollege.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: What Has Trump's Endless Prosecution Accomplished?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 06:51:31 PM »
Remember this the next time any democrat calls Trump "stupid". That stupid guy beat Hillary Clinton, and if he committed any crime, he has so far managed to avoid any legal consequences for it. Please tell us, democrats, how this "stupid" man continues to outwit and outmaneuver you.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 07:12:52 PM »
 :evil: One of the reasons I posted this article is that I know we have occasional DU-onlurkers. :evil: What has been seen cannot be unseen! :bwah:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 10:39:12 PM »
* echo-y Lou Gehrig-ish media-speech *

" Even the most advanced investigative-tech of my generation... "

Meanwhile, not far away, the palms calmly sway at Mar-A-Lago...

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 02:02:09 PM »

Making you all look vindictive and STUPID!!! :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 06:52:36 PM »
Via a Democrat legal analyst:

Last-chance hearing: Jan. 6 committee has yet to establish a criminal case against Trump

The eighth and final scheduled hearing of the House Jan. 6 select committee is scheduled for Thursday, and its members reportedly will present a time line of events on that day, particularly the 187 minutes between the end of then-President Trump’s speech on the Ellipse and his call for supporters to leave the Capitol.

It will again replay moments from the horrific to the heroic. What it has not shown thus far, however, is what was promised at the outset: a clear criminal case against Trump.

At the start of the hearings, committee members promised they had the long-sought smoking-gun evidence — new material that would close the circle on Trump. Committee member Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) indicated he thought there was now “credible evidence” to support a variety of criminal charges. His colleague, Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), said the committee would show that Trump organized a “coup” on Jan. 6, 2021.

No sooner had the hearings begun when many in the media declared that the criminal case had been conclusively proven — even though most of what was being presented was already generally known.

It often sounded more like a prayer than proof.

~ snip ~

The Jan. 6 committee has made a case against Trump personally and politically. It has not done so criminally. This final scheduled hearing would be an excellent time for that promised case to be finally made.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3565615-last-chance-hearing-jan-6-committee-has-yet-to-establish-a-criminal-case-against-trump/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2022, 07:34:10 PM »
Via a Democrat legal analyst:

Last-chance hearing: Jan. 6 committee has yet to establish a criminal case against Trump...

Even with the "fact finding" techniques most leftist scum Dim'Rats employ  :pokingpoop: you can't build a case for a "crime" that never happened.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 08:48:43 AM »
One of the phrases that the leftist media loves to use regarding J6 is "insurrection."

Uh...nope.   :whatever:

Insurrections, by their very definition, are armed and violent attempts to take over the regime.

The only violence perpetrated that day were against Ashli Babbit and another woman in an access tunnel who was trampled to death.

No politician was threatened or accosted in any way. Neither were any of the legions of Capitol Cops.

No, what we haven't heard yet completely and fully is the role of the FBI in their duplicity in fomenting this so-called "aggression". If anything, what we had was a deliberate attempt to take down a sitting president, which was then repeated a week later with yet another limp-dick "impeachment."

The J6 "select committee" is a sham, a waste of time, and an insult to the American people by calling it an "insurrection."

Are you hearing that, Allahpundit?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2022, 09:26:40 AM »
Are you hearing that, Allahpundit?

I found a picture here on the Cave of "Allahpundit": :lalala:

When it comes to Never-Trumpism, Allahpundit's is set in concrete. I've also found, in the past year or two, that Allahpundit is also a bit sloppy on getting details correct in topics not Trump related. Thankfully, other Hot Air writers are significantly better.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2022, 09:49:19 AM »
I found a picture here on the Cave of "Allahpundit": :lalala:

When it comes to Never-Trumpism, Allahpundit's is set in concrete. I've also found, in the past year or two, that Allahpundit is also a bit sloppy on getting details correct in topics not Trump related. Thankfully, other Hot Air writers are significantly better.

Yep. Ed Morrissey, Jazz Starr, and several others get it right. AP is an anomaly, a turd who hasn't quite dropped yet.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.