Author Topic: California Gov. Gavin Newsom to Run Ads in Florida on July 4th  (Read 466 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

California Gov. Gavin Newsom to Run Ads in Florida on July 4th
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/02/california-gavin-newsom-to-run-ads-in-florida-on-july-4th/
Governor Gavin Newsom (D) will run campaign ads on July 4th — in Florida, not in his home state of California, where he is up for re-election.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Newsom is preparing for a possible 2024 presidential run:

The ads are the latest move in what his advisers say is Newsom’s effort to stand up nationally for Democratic values. He’s been posting “truths” about red states on Donald Trump’s new social media platform, ripping Supreme Court justices for their decisions on abortion, guns and the environment, chiding rival governors in Texas and Florida, doing national media interviews and even calling out his fellow Democrats for being too passive.

“I’m resolved to wake all of us up to what is going on in this country,” Newsom said recently. To “what is happening in real time that is not getting the attention it deserves in red states across America. (Conservatives are) aggressively and successfully rolling back rights that all of us have come to take for granted.”

But there is another, unspoken reason that Newsom is bumping up his national profile as a fighter: He is warming up in the bullpen for the 2024 presidential campaign — just in case Joe Biden decides not to seek re-election. (Biden insists that he’s running. And Newsom insists he wants Vice President Kamala Harris to be Biden’s successor.)

Less than a year ago, Newsom survived a recall election in his own state that represented a backlash among voters to his aggressive coronavirus policies. Florida distinguished itself by keeping its economy largely open during the pandemic.

Newsom faces a vast array of unresolved problems at home: large-scale homelessness; a crime wave; an extreme drought; a lack of electricity generation capacity; frequent wildfires; and a dismal state education system, among other chronic issues.

Yet he is positioning himself as a leader of the opposition to Republicans on cultural issues such as abortion and gun control, repeating a strategy that took him to prominence in 2004 when, as mayor, he legalized gay marriage in San Francisco.

He has also targeted Texas and Florida, both of which have enticed businesses and residents to relocate from California, where taxes, regulations, and the cost of living have become burdensome. Rather than change California’s policies, Newsom has mocked rival states.

Earlier this month, Newsom joined Donald Trump’s fledgling “Truth Social” network with the specific mission of trolling conservatives. His new ad strategy on the Fourth of July in Florida continues that strategy.

Newsom’s opponent in November is State Sen. Brian Dahle (R-Bieber). He is widely expected to cruise to re-election, owing to the state’s heavy Democratic advantage in voter registration. No Republican has won statewide office in over a decade.
So he's a pushy kind of Lefty who demands to correct all our wrong opinions...Talking down to voters isn't very presidential.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 06:18:19 AM by Mr Mannn »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: California Gov. Gavin Newsom to Run Ads in Florida on July 4th
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 08:45:07 AM »
California Gov. Gavin Newsom to Run Ads in Florida on July 4th
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/02/california-gavin-newsom-to-run-ads-in-florida-on-july-4th/So he's a pushy kind of Lefty who demands to correct all our wrong opinions...Talking down to voters isn't very presidential.

Well, he's got a great example to follow. SharterJoe talks down to voters all the time -- but he doesn't get away with it. His poll numbers are in the shitter.

So I think Governor Hairstyle is simply following a great Democrat example, and I encourage him to continue to talk down to voters. He'll go far with that attitude.  :loser:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 08:59:43 AM »
I love it when these presumptuous pricks tells us they're "waking people up to what's happening in this country".

Dude, we're aware of what's happening in this country. It's why more and more people are rejecting your party.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »
I love it when these presumptuous pricks tells us they're "waking people up to what's happening in this country".

Dude, we're aware of what's happening in this country. It's why more and more people are rejecting your party.

The left have a phd in lying and serving shit sandwiches on stale bread and telling you it's roast beef. :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 08:21:53 PM »
Floridians weren’t locked down like sheep during Covid. CA was. Floridians want nothing to do with Gavin the loser.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 08:35:44 PM »
Floridians weren’t locked down like sheep during Covid. CA was. Floridians want nothing to do with Gavin the loser.

I'm guessing Governor Hairstyle will be putting out attack ads against DeSantis -- really has nothing to do with promoting his ideas (as lame as they are). Nope, he'll likely just attack DeSantis.

Apparently Governor $300 Haircut didn't get the memo. Leftists attacking DeSantis just makes him look stronger.  :popcorn:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 10:39:20 PM »
I'm not sure how effective these ads will be considering a lot of new Floridians are from California and came here to get away from Newsom and his rules. What do these ads consist of, "come to California where you'll get one-tenth of the Florida freedom for ten times the cost of living in Florida"
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 11:08:33 PM »
Nobody's watching network-TV down here this weekend.