Author Topic: Atlanta Federal Reserves Predicts Second Quarter Of Negative Growth  (Read 341 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
GDPNow
https://www.atlantafed.org/cqer/research/gdpnow

The growth rate of real gross domestic product (GDP) is a key indicator of economic activity, but the official estimate is released with a delay. Our GDPNow forecasting model provides a "nowcast" of the official estimate prior to its release by estimating GDP growth using a methodology similar to the one used by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.

GDPNow is not an official forecast of the Atlanta Fed. Rather, it is best viewed as a running estimate of real GDP growth based on available economic data for the current measured quarter. There are no subjective adjustments made to GDPNow—the estimate is based solely on the mathematical results of the model. In particular, it does not capture the impact of COVID-19 and social mobility beyond their impact on GDP source data and relevant economic reports that have already been released. It does not anticipate their impact on forthcoming economic reports beyond the standard internal dynamics of the model.

Recent forecasts for the GDPNow model are available here. More extensive numerical details—including underlying source data, forecasts, and model parameters—are available as a separate spreadsheet. You can also view an archive of recent commentaries from GDPNow estimates.

Please note that we no longer support the GDPNow app. Download our EconomyNow app or go to our website to continue to get the latest GDP nowcast and more economic data.

Latest estimate: -1.0 percent — June 30, 2022

The Atlanta Federal Reserves predicts second quarter in a row of negative growth. This suggests recession is already here.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Atlanta Federal Reserves Predicts Second Quarter Of Negative Growth
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 09:06:47 PM »
GDPNow
https://www.atlantafed.org/cqer/research/gdpnow

The Atlanta Federal Reserves predicts second quarter in a row of negative growth. This suggests recession is already here.

Gee, I think I'll have a heart attack and die from that prognostication... :therock:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus