Author Topic: SharterJoe's Vacations  (Read 283 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
SharterJoe's Vacations
« on: June 29, 2022, 05:37:11 AM »
All presidents are scrutinized for the vacations they take, even though most of them assert that they never really leave the gig - which is true.

I always believed that Barry was the worst, if only because most of his vacations were spent way the hell out in Hawaii. Hey, flying on AF1 ain't a bad way to travel. It costs the U.S. taxpayer $142,000 to operate and maintain AF1 each hour. And that doesn't include flying on Marine One or the cost of security.

But SharterJoe's frequent time spent in Delaware is worth noting.

June 3, 2022. Ahead of another weekend trip to Delaware, President Joe Biden remains on pace to spend more time away from the White House than any of his recent predecessors.

Biden will head to Rehoboth Beach on Thursday evening to one of the two homes he owns in his home state. He spent more than a quarter of his first year in office in Delaware, typically on weekends, and has continued that trend in year two.

“Every time I get a chance, I go home to Delaware. You think I’m joking. I’m not,” Biden said in February.

Ahead of this weekend’s trip, Biden has spent an estimated 188 full or partial days away from the White House, with 130 spent at his Delaware properties, 52 at Camp David, and six in Nantucket.

If that pace holds, Biden will spend roughly 553 days away from the White House, which he has referred to as a “gilded cage,” over his first term, or 1,106 days over two terms.

That’s good for tops in the modern history of the presidency. Former President Donald Trump spent 381 days away from the White House while in office, and former President Barack Obama spent 328 days out over two terms. Trump referred to his trips as “working vacations” and criticized Obama as a “habitual vacationer” who spent too much time on the golf course. Trump was then called out for his own jaunts to New Jersey and Florida after taking office.

Former President George W. Bush, frequently criticized for extensive stays at his ranch in Crawford, Texas, during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, spent 1,020 days away from the White House during his two terms, while former President Bill Clinton stayed away 345 days.

https://www.johnlocke.org/biden-vying-for-title-of-president-spending-most-time-on-vacation/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 05:44:09 AM by Eupher »
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: SharterJoe's Vacations
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 10:47:43 AM »
You know something else I don’t see many people mentioning?  The fact that secret service has to, or had to, rent a mansion next to Hunter Biden at a cost to US taxpayers of $30,000.00/month!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen