Author Topic: Former Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Stenger, in Charge of Security on Jan. 6, Dies  (Read 388 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Per the article below, Stenger was asked for his resignation after the J6 "issue" (I refuse to use the term "riot" or "insurrection") by none other than the Murder Turtle.

Here's the thing I'm choking on -- why in the name of God does the Capitol need 2,200 police officers to keep that symbol of American bullshit (Congress) safe? Can somebody please explain that????

And note the propensity of Stenger to suck on the public teat for more than 30 years, ostensibly in his role as some kind of Secret Service Secret Squirrel and his (evidently) failed role as Senate Sergeant-at-Arms.

Northern Virginiastan is a hotbed of gubmint "I got mine and I want more." Disgusting on too many levels.  :fuelfire:   :whatever:   :mad:

Michael Stenger, the former U.S. Senate sergeant-at-arms who was in charge of Senate security during the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, died on June 27.

The circumstances and cause of Stenger’s death were not immediately clear.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) posted on Twitter that Stenger “was found dead today.”

Stenger, 71, of Falls Church, Virginia, resigned the day after the Capitol violence, at the request of then-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who hired Stenger for the post in April 2018. Stenger served as the 41st sergeant-at-arms of the U.S. Senate.

The sergeant-at-arms is the chief law enforcement, protocol, and executive officer for the U.S. Senate. The sergeant-at-arms is responsible for security in the Capitol and all Senate buildings and serves as Senate doorkeeper.

In remarks (pdf) before a congressional hearing on Feb. 23, 2021, Stenger called the events of Jan. 6 “a violent, coordinated attack where the loss of life could have been much worse.” He called for an investigation of “professional agitators” at the January 6 protests.

“There is an opportunity to learn lessons from the events of January 6th,” he testified. “Investigations should be considered as to funding and travel of what appears to be professional agitators.”

Former U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund said Stenger and then-House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving balked at his initial request to put the National Guard on alert after it was apparent that huge crowds were gathering on Jan. 6. National Guard forces did not arrive at the Capitol until after 5:30 p.m.

Stenger, Sund, and Irving resigned on Jan. 7, 2021, in the wake of protests and rioting across the Capitol grounds.

Stenger and Irving also served on the Capitol Police Board, which oversees the 2,200-member U.S. Capitol Police force. The other member of the board is Capitol Architect J. Brett Blanton.

Stenger succeeded Frank Larkin as Senate sergeant-at-arms. He was succeeded by Jennifer Hemingway as acting sergeant-at-arms until March 22, 2021, when Karen Gibson was named his replacement.

Stenger spent more than three decades working for the U.S. Secret Service before being named Senate sergeant-at-arms.

Epoch Times
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Michael Stenger, the former U.S. Senate sergeant-at-arms who was in charge of Senate security during the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, died on June 27.

and the Jan 6th kangaroo court breathed a sigh of relief!! :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
No mention of how he died?

I have come to understand he was shot crossing the street in  front of his house.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
No mention of how he died?

I have come to understand he was shot crossing the street in  front of his house.

That kind of information is generally withheld, especially when Nancy Pelousy takes lessons from Hillary and decides that such persons need to be suicided.

You know, two shots in the back of the head, with a suicide note pinned to his collar.  :whistling:

Offline Mr Mannn

I have looked and still I am unable to find a connection to Hillary.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant

You mean OTHER than the fact that this guy is no longer among the living? :cheers1:

I tend to assume that every death has Komrade Kankles plump fingerprints all over it, until proven otherwise...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

She's pretty good, ain't she?

Not too many career criminal politicians can pull off what she's done and still walk the streets.....