Author Topic: Fight for your country? Ukrainians will but Americans torn in new poll. That's a  (Read 346 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Fight for your country? Ukrainians will but Americans torn in new poll. That's a problem
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/fight-country-poll-ukrainians-americans-jonathan-turley

In World War II, Winston Churchill famously declared, "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." It appears that there may be even fewer to count on if a recent poll is accurate.

The Quinnipiac University poll asked Americans, "What would you do if you were in the same position as Ukrainians are now, stay and fight or leave the country?" Only 55% said that they would stay and fight for this country. That included only 40% of Democrats.

Overall 38% of Americans said that they would flee. It appears that this country is facing an existential crisis of faith, and we should have a frank discussion about why so comparably few Americans are now willing to pledge their lives in defense of this country.

Democrats are less likely to fight for America if America was to be invaded and attacked.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:54:12 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Democrats are less likely to fight for America if America was to be invaded and attacked.

Who are they kidding. Democrats would gladly and eagerly join any invading force against America.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Who are they kidding. Democrats would gladly and eagerly join any invading force against America.

And I'd just as gleefully stack their nasty carcasses on the curb along side the corpses of foreign invaders for the sanitation crews to pick up with even less hesitation on my part.

I'd call that a win in everybody's book... :fuelfire: :fuelfire: :fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus