Author Topic: Truth Social issues  (Read 378 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Truth Social issues
« on: February 24, 2022, 08:33:22 AM »
I hate to be critical of anything Trump but the Truth Social media launch has become a Class 1 fiasco. I wish I knew why 45 put his name to this without first putting the correct people in charge and making sure it worked before it went public. Very unTrump like.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: Truth Social issues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 09:56:52 AM »
Yeah, I picked that up too yesterday.  Unexplainable.  Trump had been endeavoring to launch another site, then this one debuted instead.  My Twitter-feed was generally agreeing that too many people were trying to join at the same time, which the Trump-camp should've anticipated.

Today didn't seem as bad... yet. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 01:46:15 PM »
Didn't Parler have the same problem after they "came back" after being canceled?

Yeah, you'd think they'd have worked the bugs out.

The annoying part is their (whoever the hell is running DJT's platform) constant braying for money.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 04:57:58 PM »
Didn't Parler have the same problem after they "came back" after being canceled?

Yeah, you'd think they'd have worked the bugs out.

The annoying part is their (whoever the hell is running DJT's platform) constant braying for money.

I think you're right.  In both cases, I think people logged-in after their confirmation, then flooded the site's search-engine trying to find as many 'old followers' as possible all at once.

Not sure about the hat in-hand antics, but it's probably Rona Romney's apparatus.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 06:37:29 PM »
I think you're right.  In both cases, I think people logged-in after their confirmation, then flooded the site's search-engine trying to find as many 'old followers' as possible all at once.

Not sure about the hat in-hand antics, but it's probably Rona Romney's apparatus.

I think the idea of DJT having his own platform is sound, unencumbered by Big Tech, but like Gab, I think they have the resources to get it up and running first. Gab did just that and put together an aggressive business plan to get free speech going and then branched out with "parallel economy" features. Yeah, they push for the higher-level membership thing (for $$, of course), but at least they're up and running.

Ronna Romney McDaniel (assuming that's who you meant) can suck eggs. I wouldn't donate a red cent to her or to the RNC. I'll donate to individual candidates first. Too many elite Republicans in that nest of vipers, including her uncle Mitt.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 11:29:17 AM »
Is it still Iphone only?

All the "alternative" platforms have been under heavy assault by hackers, looking for security holes to either take the platforms down or hoover up as much personal data as possible, either to doxx users or just to sell to spammers, and sadly they keep being successful.  Also makes me hesitant to get on them.  Yes, other platforms are hacked, datamined, ect, but they are usually big enough to keep the damage to a minimum, plus FB, Twitter, Reddit, all cater to the left, and are not as actively targeted. 

I wish those hackers were still about the old mantra "information wants to be free" credo many held. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.