Author Topic: Americans Say Inflation, Not Coronavirus, the Top Issue  (Read 275 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

Americans Say Inflation, Not Coronavirus, the Top Issue
« on: February 23, 2022, 02:00:51 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/02/23/americans-say-inflation-not-coronavirus-top-issue/
Inflation stands as the most important issue to Americans while coronavirus remains the top issue for Democrats, specifically, an Emerson College survey released Wednesday found.

The survey asked respondents to identify the most important issue facing the country. A plurality of voters, 24 percent, identified inflation as the most important issue facing the country, followed by the Chinese coronavirus (20 percent), healthcare (16 percent), and immigration (11 percent).

That sentiment — inflation serving as the top issue — holds true for both Republicans and independents, as a plurality in both groups (34 percent of Republicans and 27 percent of independents) view inflation as the top issue.
Biden's puppeteers have no idea what they are doing. They have no intention of fixing inflation, and plan to make it worse, destroying retirements and savings, making all dependent on the state for basic food. We will own nothing and be happy. (If you are over 60 like me do not expect any health care apart from sugar pills)

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Americans Say Inflation, Not Coronavirus, the Top Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 02:07:18 PM »
climate change didn't even register a blip on that poll's radar screen...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Americans Say Inflation, Not Coronavirus, the Top Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 05:04:10 AM »
Anecdotal example.

I am the organizer of a veteran's organization reunion that is slated to be held in September.

Original group rate price for a standard hotel room - $89 plus taxes.

Current group rate price for the same room - $129 plus taxes.

Registration cost per person as originally estimated - $70. After crunching the numbers, the minimum we can plan is a registration cost of $100 per person.

Nothing is being comped - unlike previous years when a meeting room rental would be tossed in by the hotel. Current rental space for a meeting room - $300 per day.

Banquet costs have gone up from $20 per plate to over $30 per plate, with a $1,500 minimum and 20% added in for "administration fees." Oh, and let's not forget the sales tax rate of 9.75% and occupancy tax of 5%.

The association's president is now talking about canceling the reunion entirely, and I don't disagree. It's simply gotten too expensive. Most people won't attend. Flying to Jackson, TN for the reunion is too stupid because of government mask mandates, TSA's groping, and cost. With gas at $3.50 per gallon and up, driving costs have shot up 50% or more.

#SharterJoe Strikes Again.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.