Author Topic: Anyone changing their mind about Trump?  (Read 6183 times)

Offline RonBush

• Probationary (Probie)
Anyone changing their mind about Trump?
« on: March 30, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »
Are the people here who supported Trump a few months ago still enthusiastic about him?  Has anyone changed their mind or had doubts or second thoughts?

I'm not trying to push for or against Trump.  I am asking this question in a neutral way.  I am just curious.

I know that Trump is not popular among lots of the people here, but there are some Trump supporters.   This is a question for the people who support Trump, or did support him in the past, not for the people who have never supported him.

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Anyone changing their mind about Trump?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 08:56:26 PM »
I am still OK with him.

Some recent bizarreness, but ANYONE is better than hitlery!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 06:14:11 AM »
He's imploding before our very eyes.  He's turning out to be everything Conservatives feared he was.  Especially with his comments about taxes in Wisconsin, the three basic responsibilities of government and his inability to ell the difference between the Geneva Conventions and Rules of Engagement.

It's little wonder Cruz has soared to a 10 point lead in Wisconsin and pulled even with him in California.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 06:57:13 AM »
Nope. Didn't like him at the beginning and still don't like him.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline RonBush

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 08:35:42 AM »
Especially with his comments about ... the three basic responsibilities of government

I didn't hear about that.  What did he say?

Offline SighLass

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 09:05:56 AM »
He's imploding before our very eyes.  He's turning out to be everything Conservatives feared he was.  Especially with his comments about taxes in Wisconsin, the three basic responsibilities of government and his inability to ell the difference between the Geneva Conventions and Rules of Engagement.

It's little wonder Cruz has soared to a 10 point lead in Wisconsin and pulled even with him in California.

Yep...

Trump's abortion comments (and flip flop hours later) really iced the cake. Now the public is perceiving him to be behind the smears of Cruz and his wife, it really is paying off as a good week for Cruz.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:08:35 AM by SighLass »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »
I didn't hear about that.  What did he say?

At a CNN town hall in Milwaukee, Trump was asked by an Army veteran what he thought the top three responsibilities of the federal government were.

“Well the greatest function of all by far is security for our nation. I would also say healthcare; I would also say education,” he replied.

Trump went on, giving the type of answer one might expect from a student questioned about a passage from the homework he didn’t read.

“I mean there are many, many things. But I would say the top three are security, security, security. We have to have security for our country, so we can continue to exist as a country,” he went on. He then said “thousands” of people were “infiltrating” the country, a mixture of his terror and immigration talking points.

Anderson Cooper double-checked that the candidate meant what he said, and he repeated it.

“I say all top three are security, but healthcare, education would be three that would probably be top.” He also suggested “housing” and “providing great neighborhoods” as two other important roles the federal government should somehow fill.

https://latest.com/2016/03/trump-lists-top-three-responsibilities-of-government-flip-flops-immediately-after/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »
Yep...

Trump's abortion comments (and flip flop hours later) really iced the cake. Now the public is perceiving him to be behind the smears of Cruz and his wife, it really is paying off as a good week for Cruz.

:whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 10:28:24 AM »
It almost seems like Trump has been sabotaging his own campaign right from the start. Sure he said the right things at the very beginning to get a large following, but he constantly shoots himself in the foot.

He's hit an approximate 40% ceiling of support and has done much to solidify that ceiling by making so many blunders.

Why would he do something like that? Split the GOP once and for all and guarantee Hillary the presidency. Remember he has donated a hell of a lot of money to democrats and anti-conservative groups in the past.

Many of his current claimed positions are 180 degrees from much of what he said in the past.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 11:24:17 AM »
Yep, I thought much the same. Why would anyone who many people call "smart" do so many dumb things ???

I'm wondering, are there people with TV camera's making a video of Trump's new reality show; "how I fooled so many people", or "how I got Hillary elected using republicans", or "some people will believe anything".

Actually I think I saw one of them once.........oh yeah, it's on every channel every night now.   :thatsright:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »
Yep, I thought much the same. Why would anyone who many people call "smart" do so many dumb things ???

I'm wondering, are there people with TV camera's making a video of Trump's new reality show; "how I fooled so many people", or "how I got Hillary elected using republicans", or "some people will believe anything".

Actually I think I saw one of them once.........oh yeah, it's on every channel every night now.   :thatsright:

I am the LAST person on the planet to make excuses for Flump. Didn't like him back then, don't like him now.

But one thing I think we need to keep in mind -- the campaign trail is long and arduous. Plenty of occasions to say really stupid stuff and get hung for it. It's happened in one form or another to ALL candidates who hang on this long (and longer).

I think we're seeing some of that now, and we're seeing plenty of evidence that Flump just doesn't do his homework. He didn't do it from the beginning and he's not doing it now.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 03:09:53 PM »
I am the LAST person on the planet to make excuses for Flump. Didn't like him back then, don't like him now.

But one thing I think we need to keep in mind -- the campaign trail is long and arduous. Plenty of occasions to say really stupid stuff and get hung for it. It's happened in one form or another to ALL candidates who hang on this long (and longer).

I think we're seeing some of that now, and we're seeing plenty of evidence that Flump just doesn't do his homework. He didn't do it from the beginning and he's not doing it now.

Most candidates are willing to say they misspoke or admit they were wrong. Not Trump. He doubles down on stupid almost every single time.   His more hardcore followers are like cult members than anything .

Offline J P Sousa

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 03:27:14 PM »
One of the reasons I like Cruz from the day he announced, was his ability to stop the media train in it's tracks when they tried the usual "got-cha" questions.

This when I knew Ted Cruz was the only one that is "Reagan like".

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-answers-gay-rights-question-2015-5
Conservatives love this video of Ted Cruz trashing a reporter who asked him about gay rights.

Sample of video;
  Apparently asked again about his potential "personal animosity," Cruz continued to focus on the reporter.

"Do you have a personal animosity against Christians, sir?" he said. "Your line of questioning is highly curious. You seem fixated on a particular subject. Look, I'm a Christian; scripture commands us to love everybody, and what I have been talking about with respect to same-sex marriage is the Constitution, which is what we should all be focused on."

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline dixierose

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 06:58:30 PM »
Most candidates are willing to say they misspoke or admit they were wrong. Not Trump. He doubles down on stupid almost every single time.   His more hardcore followers are like cult members than anything .

I see that on twitter everyday. They constantly excuse his juvenile behavior. He re-tweeted an unflattering picture of Mrs.Cruz along side a picture of Mrs. Trump. I cannot remember the meme; but it was definitely not a presidential tweet. He even had one of his most ardent supporters (Anne Coulter) questioning that move. All his supporters "hear" is "build a wall"; and they turn a blind eye/ear to everything else he says...no matter how stupid or juvenile.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 07:35:11 PM »
I am moving from distrusting to disgusted.
He needs to grow up.

Offline dixierose

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »
I found another example of his juvenile sense of humor...

When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline dixierose

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 08:34:35 PM »
I see that on twitter everyday. They constantly excuse his juvenile behavior. He re-tweeted an unflattering picture of Mrs.Cruz along side a picture of Mrs. Trump. I cannot remember the meme; but it was definitely not a presidential tweet. He even had one of his most ardent supporters (Anne Coulter) questioning that move. All his supporters "hear" is "build a wall"; and they turn a blind eye/ear to everything else he says...no matter how stupid or juvenile.

I found it...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
I am moving from distrusting to disgusted.
He needs to grow up.
He's an absolute ****ing dumbass.  Every promise he's made, he's walked back to one degree or another, in addition to every other stupid, tone-deaf comment he's made.  The man speaks at a fourth-grade level and his "conservative" sycophants love him for it.

I'm just waiting for the EFT from the Clinton Foundation to Donny Trump's bank account.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 06:30:06 AM »
He's an absolute ****ing dumbass.  Every promise he's made, he's walked back to one degree or another, in addition to every other stupid, tone-deaf comment he's made.  The man speaks at a fourth-grade level and his "conservative" sycophants love him for it.

I'm just waiting for the EFT from the Clinton Foundation to Donny Trump's bank account.

Yup. Flump's been to the "it doesn't matter what I say or when I say it because they forget anyway" ACME School of Political Power Grabs. Amazing to see and hear the garbage that comes out of his mouth -- all the more because it resonates with so many people.

I never took the guy seriously from the outset and still can't. He's a fraud, pure and simple.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 07:05:25 AM »
Yup. Flump's been to the "it doesn't matter what I say or when I say it because they forget anyway" ACME School of Political Power Grabs. Amazing to see and hear the garbage that comes out of his mouth -- all the more because it resonates with so many people.

I never took the guy seriously from the outset and still can't. He's a fraud, pure and simple.

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 07:34:56 AM »

Hey! President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho was a better leader (and a better wrestler) than Trump. At least Camacho knew when he didn't know something. You're being unfair to Camacho!

Monday Night Rehabilitation for you!

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 08:25:33 AM »
Hey! President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho was a better leader (and a better wrestler) than Trump. At least Camacho knew when he didn't know something. You're being unfair to Camacho!

Monday Night Rehabilitation for you!

:cheersmate:

Can I have some Brawndo? It has electrolytes!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline J P Sousa

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 08:54:27 AM »
I think one of the commentators on TV said it best; "Trump is a liberal trying to sound like a conservative but comes across as a caricature of a conservative democrats like to portray".

I think that is spot on, Trump the phony.

~John Wayne

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 09:11:07 AM »
In the end it's probably not going to matter. The GOPe is likely thinking of a way to keep both candidates out.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2016, 10:12:12 AM »
In the end it's probably not going to matter. The GOPe is likely thinking of a way to keep both candidates out.

It's really kind of sad. The democrats are running two of the weakest candidates in decades, and the GOP is looking for a way to hand one of them the election.

I still think Trump's goal from the start was to wreck the gop and make sure Hillary was elected.

This whole thing could have been avoided if the GOP wasn't averse to conservative ideals.