Author Topic: An open letter from a "millennial"  (Read 2423 times)

Offline CC27

An open letter from a "millennial"
« on: October 16, 2015, 04:28:35 PM »
retrowire (1,765 posts)

I don't like the term millennial. it creates too many ideas of self absorbed kids with vanity on their minds to me.

but lately I've been learning that stereotype is a damn lie and being born I'm 1988 qualifies me as a millennial.

anyways, I wanted to let everyone know about the general mentality and attitude that many Bernie supporting millennials have about this election. But I'll say it from my point of view, as I can't speak for everyone.

I'm 27, always thought of myself as an independent, and I only registered as a democrat to vote for Bernie.

If this doesn't work out, then I think I'll just screw off and let all the assholes have their establishment.

if Hillary wins then it will literally be more of the same. it will confirm the fear that I used to have before Bernie inspired me. if my fear is confirmed, it may be irreparable damage. and I don't doubt millions of others in my generation feel the same.

I keep saying i'll vote Hillary if she wins because its better than nothing... but voting the lesser of two evils is what kept me the **** out if politics and sometimes I think I'll be damned before I play the establishments game. I get so angry thinking about it that I imagine just sitting home on election day and letting the world burn.

but I know I shouldn't. realistically, I'll probably bitch and moan my way to the polls, begrudgingly vote for Hillary and then throw in the towel until another Bernie dares to try again.

if Bernie wins though... my spirit will be so encouraged and elated that a true underdog won, that I would be so vindicated in my optimism that I'll become more politically active than ever before.

but if the establishment wants to control information and power to their whim and step on the aspirations of me and my generation then you know what? **** it. it'll turn out we ARE all just citizens that should do what we're supposed to. work and serve. whether or not my generation will vote for Hillary, I can't speak for everyone.

but I can guarantee that many will sit home on that day. :/

Oh i'm so scared.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251690570

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: An open letter from a "millennial"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 05:06:06 PM »
retrowire (1,765 posts)

<blah blah blah>

An open answer from one of your elders:

**** off and die you spoiled little brat.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 05:22:35 PM »
retrowire (1,765 posts)

.................but I can guarantee that many will sit home on that day. :/

And thus that day becomes the same as every other day.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 06:08:05 PM »

The title is so cringe worthy, and damn near vomit inducing   :puke:

The rest of the post is pathetic.

Here's an answer from another one of your elders:  You don't have a ****ing clue.  I hope you can reflect on your post(s) in 15 - 20 years and realize what a pathetic drag on society you really were (or still likely are)

One more thing retro........   :bird:

Deplorable since 2016

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »
Sorry Bernouts.

The Dem nom belongs to Hillary, unless Biden jumps in.

And frankly, I can't wait to see the massive depressed turnout for young Dem voters a Bernie loss will bring.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: An open letter from a &quot;millennial&quot;
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »
Open letter from Ralph Wiggum.

Learn how to start sentences with a capital letter.  Spineless & worthless millennial.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
Fri Oct 16, 2015, 03:06 PM
retrowire (1,765 posts)
I don't like the term millennial. it creates too many ideas of self absorbed kids with vanity on their minds to me.

If you decide to stick with the democrat party, then you had better get used to it kid.  The democrat party doesn't think of people as individuals, it thinks of them only as members of groups and all of those groups get labels.  It's too much work to pander to people on an individual basis.

Identity politics are political arguments that focus upon the interest and perspectives of groups with which people identify. Identity politics includes the ways in which people's politics may be shaped by aspects of their identity through loosely correlated social organizations. Examples include social organizations based on race, class, religion, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, ideology, nation, sexual orientation, culture, information preference, history, musical or literary preference, medical conditions, professions or hobbies. Not all members of any given group are necessarily involved in identity politics.

The term identity politics and movements linked to it came into being during the latter part of the 20th century. It can most notably be found in class movements, feminist movements, gay, lesbian and bisexual movements, disability movements, ethnic movements and post colonial movements. Identity politics is open to wide debate and critique.[1] Minority influence is a central component of identity politics. Minority influence is a form of social influence whereby a majority is influenced by the beliefs or behavior of a minority. Unlike other forms of influence this usually involves a personal shift in private opinion[citation needed]. This personal shift in opinion is called conversion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_politics
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Online Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 07:26:23 PM »
27 and depending on a politician to make its life good,guess what fool.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7a9IF78I68[/youtube]

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 07:32:55 PM »
Millennial my ass, you self-loathing fag, my kids work their asses off but still manage to have great vacations every year.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 07:36:19 PM »
The title is so cringe worthy, and damn near vomit inducing   :puke:

The rest of the post is pathetic.

Here's an answer from another one of your elders:  You don't have a ****ing clue.  I hope you can reflect on your post(s) in 15 - 20 years and realize what a pathetic drag on society you really were (or still likely are)

One more thing retro........   :bird:

I would not hold your breath in regards to this dummie realizing what a worthless idiot he/she/it really is in x number of years.  Dummies are, for the most part, lifetime losers.  The ones that aren't lifetime losers usually OD on street meds before they have a chance to live a lifetime.  :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 07:56:40 PM »

A self-absorbed Millennial like yourself wouldn't, but at the end of the day, all you mewling little half-wits want is free shit.

I would not hold your breath in regards to this dummie realizing what a worthless idiot he/she/it really is in x number of years.  Dummies are, for the most part, lifetime losers.

By 27, at the latest, the first inklings of realization should be dawning.  Nah, this one's running headlong into the latter category.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 08:14:59 PM »
I don't like the term millennial.

Okay, I'll just stick with 'Loser' and 'Ne'er-do-well," then.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 09:07:01 PM »
What a retard.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
retrowire (1,765 posts)

but lately I've been learning that stereotype is a damn lie and being born I'm 1988 qualifies me as a millennial.

anyways, I wanted to let everyone know about the general mentality and attitude that many Bernie supporting millennials have about this election. But I'll say it from my point of view, as I can't speak for everyone.

I'm 27, always thought of myself as an independent, and I only registered as a democrat to vote for Bernie.

If this doesn't work out, then I think I'll just screw off and let all the assholes have their establishment.

if Hillary wins then it will literally be more of the same. it will confirm the fear that I used to have before Bernie inspired me. if my fear is confirmed, it may be irreparable damage. and I don't doubt millions of others in my generation feel the same.

I keep saying i'll vote Hillary if she wins because its better than nothing... but voting the lesser of two evils is what kept me the **** out if politics and sometimes I think I'll be damned before I play the establishments game. I get so angry thinking about it that I imagine just sitting home on election day and letting the world burn.

but I know I shouldn't. realistically, I'll probably bitch and moan my way to the polls, begrudgingly vote for Hillary and then throw in the towel until another Bernie dares to try again.

if Bernie wins though... my spirit will be so encouraged and elated that a true underdog won, that I would be so vindicated in my optimism that I'll become more politically active than ever before.

but if the establishment wants to control information and power to their whim and step on the aspirations of me and my generation then you know what? **** it. it'll turn out we ARE all just citizens that should do what we're supposed to. work and serve. whether or not my generation will vote for Hillary, I can't speak for everyone.

but I can guarantee that many will sit home on that day. :/

Well, let's see why Millenials get a bad name.

Stop being self absorbed and narcissistic!
Stop feeling so entitled!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 10:34:09 PM »
As different as it was, the media lamented about Gen X too.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
As different as it was, the media lamented about Gen X too.
There are some Gen X writers that skillfully encapsulate the malaise and general negativeness of the early 90s recession and lack of opportunities.  I'm glad I'm past that, but looking back invokes a strange sort of nostalgia for when shit sucked and there weren't any jobs.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/dark-ages-car-audio-gibby-haynes-blasting-boombox-powered-cruelly-violated-pup
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 07:02:15 AM »
My 3 kids were all born in the 1980s, the youngest a year older than this twerp. 2/3 my 3 are employed full-time, one while taking college classes to advance her career. The other is working part-time while attending university in China, learning Mandarin. They would cringe at this rambling, pointless, bit of self-absorption!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 07:32:01 AM »
Quote from:
retrowire

"Letting the world burn" would be voting for bern-out and him winning.

Just sit home.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 12:53:35 PM »
I get so angry thinking about it that I imagine just sitting home on election day and letting the world burn.

Guess what twerp?  Nobody cares.  You're a nobody and not worth the self-absorption.  You're not that great.  And another thing:  Out in the world, there are no "safe spaces." 

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 08:24:00 PM »
MY 28-year old millennial is voting for Trump and he's got TWO full time jobs in health care (EMT for AZ Ambulance and TMC ER EMT), and all with a GED, some Marine Corps time and a whole ****ing lot more self-respect than you, you grasping little dickwad.  You will probably be the burden he drags along throughout his entire working life, especially if your Saint Burnie wins.
Grow the **** up and quit shitting on other people's lawns.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 07:21:32 AM »
MY 28-year old millennial is voting for Trump and he's got TWO full time jobs in health care (EMT for AZ Ambulance and TMC ER EMT), and all with a GED, some Marine Corps time and a whole ****ing lot more self-respect than you, you grasping little dickwad.  You will probably be the burden he drags along throughout his entire working life, especially if your Saint Burnie wins.
Grow the **** up and quit shitting on other people's lawns.

I have two millennial daughters who are both solidly conservative. I don't know who they're supporting but neither one can stand liberals.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 09:03:22 AM »
I have two millennial daughters who are both solidly conservative. I don't know who they're supporting but neither one can stand liberals.

No doubt they are conservative and can't stand liberals, because they're smart enough to know there's no such thing as a free ride, except for those who are entitled to one by the likes of Obama and, God help us if he ends up president, Bernie Sanders.  Your daughters realize that if things don't change soon, they'll be among their generation hauling useless liberal voters around for the rest of their working lives.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 10:02:49 AM »
No doubt they are conservative and can't stand liberals, because they're smart enough to know there's no such thing as a free ride, except for those who are entitled to one by the likes of Obama and, God help us if he ends up president, Bernie Sanders.  Your daughters realize that if things don't change soon, they'll be among their generation hauling useless liberal voters around for the rest of their working lives.

:cheersmate:

I have a third daughter who is a Gen X'er. The "O" word is forbidden in her house. 3 daughters, 3 conservatives.  :-)

Dad done did good.

Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 10:34:23 AM »
:cheersmate:

I have a third daughter who is a Gen X'er. The "O" word is forbidden in her house. 3 daughters, 3 conservatives.  :-)

Dad done did good.

A ^5 and a  :cheersmate: from another member of the 3 Daughters Club  :-)

(all of which are too young to have any political leanings)
Deplorable since 2016