Author Topic: McCain just said the Islamo-Fascists blowing up down-syndrome females  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
 :censored:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4503106

bridgit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:26 PM
Original message
McCain just said the Islamo-Fascists blowing up down-syndrome females...
 in a market place by remote control killing them and dozens of innocents around them; can be seen as the height of evil. Do you agree? I guess do you even agree that it happened at all? Either way, this will be the shape of republican speeches to come. And in the face of such happenings, do our candidates have a way to either diffuse such rhetoric, or address the problem of suicide bombers?

:bird:

niyad  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-09-08 03:28 PM
Response to Original message
1. great scott, what IS that fool smoking?

bridgit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:29 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. i dunno, but he said it with his straight-talk-face and he ain't shraing...

Proud2BAmurkin  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-09-08 03:28 PM
2. Uh, terrorists are evil and do evil things? This is up for debate?

bridgit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:30 PM
Response to Reply #2
7. ah, so there are evil-doers...
 now we're getting somewhere

Proud2BAmurkin  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-09-08 03:38 PM
Response to Reply #7
19. No, the filthbags who flew the planes into the wtc were just misunderstood

Wait a damn minute........................Must screencap a Primitive admitting that planes and not controlled demolition

bridgit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:43 PM
Response to Reply #19
21. very well, now there are no evil doers, just the misunderstood: check!

bridgit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:32 PM
Response to Reply #4
12. he says "my friends" more than Hillary says, "Day 1" and that *is* disturbing...

robbedvoter (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:30 PM
8. "Your war - unnecessary, put us all in danger, no WMD - W is an idiot, you're his clone" 
 Edited on Sat Feb-09-08 03:31 PM by robbedvoter
It's how Hillary does it.

REDFISHBLUEFISH  (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-09-08 03:31 PM
9. Some arab countries do serious human rights violations as a normal way of life.
 Edited on Sat Feb-09-08 03:31 PM by REDFISHBLUEFISH
It would not surprise me, however I think he is refering to a few suicide bombers that were indeed mentally disabled.

I'm pretty sure it has a factual basis.

countingbluecars  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:31 PM
10. There is a perfectly good answer
 to that. We need to end the war and bring our troops home. We only make it worse being there.

thunder rising  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:32 PM
11. There are retractions of this in the media. The first step in making an enemy is to dehumize them!

Where........... :bird:

elehhhhna (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-09-08 03:33 PM
13. but when saudi law beheads people, it's kosher. right?
 life is cheap, folks.

smalll  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-09-08 03:33 PM
Original message
It happened only a few days ago in Baghdad I think. 
 Edited on Sat Feb-09-08 03:35 PM by smalll
And saying it's the "height of evil" well I can't disagree with that much at all. I remember hearing the story over the radio and thinking even then 1) wow that's bad and 2) events and circumstance just handed the Repubs a talking point nicely gift-wrapped.

Thank God this happened now rather than in the last days of October this year.

**** OFF AND DIE  :bird:

Onlooker  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-09-08 03:33 PM
14. Of course they do
 Edited on Sat Feb-09-08 03:33 PM by Onlooker
Clearly, the McCain-Bush approach has not worked. There are more people dying from terrorism, not fewer. The Democratic approach to stabilizing the situation is withdrawing from Iraq, engaging in diplomacy, and pressuring our allies. Through that appproach, maybe we can create an environment where stable enough governments exist that can reign in the sort of nuts who turn the unwitting into suicide bombers.

:bird: ****ing delusional

Prefer (468 posts)      Sat Feb-09-08 03:33 PM
15. This mistake is talking about terrorism in a vacuum
 Edited on Sat Feb-09-08 03:34 PM by Prefer
I mean, what is an act of terror but a statement. In this case, we take it out of context of the statement that was made. What was going on there regionally. Who was meant to receive what message?

Labeling it as merely an "act of evil" is a way to devoid it of any relation to the situation on the ground there and what might lead people to perpetrate this violence. And if you wont't talk about that, what is the point of trying to talk about a solution?

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

elehhhhna (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-09-08 03:33 PM
16. didn't we, years ago, try to put bombs on dolphins? just asking.

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

bridgit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:36 PM
Response to Reply #16
17. I recall that program...
 Poor Flipper http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Dolphin

LoZoccolo  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:41 PM
20. I don't have much of a problem with that particular statement.
 I would argue that what they want isn't exactly fascism, though it would be authoritarian, but a Muslim theocracy. I would also argue that you could probably always one-up the evil of someone else, but I wouldn't hesitate to call it very very evil; certainly one of the more evil terrorist tactics.

bridgit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:46 PM
Response to Reply #20
25. It's certainly nefarious behavior but I agree; "the height of evil" is likely an escalator...
 we would not care to step onto is my thought

:bird: :bird:

killbotfactory (1000+ posts)     Sat Feb-09-08 03:43 PM
23. It's an evil he helped unleash by voting for w :bird:ar
 I hope he's proud of himself

****ing IDJIT :bird: :bird: :bird:

bridgit  (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:48 PM
Response to Reply #23
26. So proud he'll make it a plank of his candidacy I bet...

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

Kristi1696  (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-09-08 03:44 PM
24. Um, yeah.
 That's pretty ****ing evil. Again, if the reports of what happened are true. I'm in no position to determine that, however.

I'm just not capable to understand how they believe ANY ****ING thing that is against Bush.............yet can't believe that terrorist would do this............. :bird: :bird: :bird:

opiate69 (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:50 PM
27. Has it been proven that those women had Downs?
 Apparently not..

Down syndrome claim challenged
STEVE LANNEN; McClatchy Newspapers
Published: February 3rd, 2008 01:00 AM
BAGHDAD – A top U.S. general said Saturday that the perpetrators of Friday’s suicide bombings in Baghdad – the deadliest attacks in the capital in nine months – might have been mentally impaired teen girls who carried out the attacks unwittingly.
A British forensic expert cautioned, however, that suggesting the two bombers suffered from Down syndrome based on photographs of their severed heads was risky. He noted that the heads would have suffered massive trauma when the bombers’ explosives detonated.

“The diagnosis would have to be more scientific than that,” said Bob Lamburne, the director of forensic services for the British embassy in Baghdad.
More at link: http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/27

One ****ing person says maybe not..............................................truth to power yoa ****heads :bird: :bird: :bird:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline jukin

Re: McCain just said the Islamo-Fascists blowing up down-syndrome females
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »
Good is evil and evil is the victim of good. :mental:
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
opiate69 (1000+ posts)       Sat Feb-09-08 03:50 PM
27. Has it been proven that those women had Downs?
 Apparently not..

Down syndrome claim challenged
STEVE LANNEN; McClatchy Newspapers
Published: February 3rd, 2008 01:00 AM
BAGHDAD – A top U.S. general said Saturday that the perpetrators of Friday’s suicide bombings in Baghdad – the deadliest attacks in the capital in nine months – might have been mentally impaired teen girls who carried out the attacks unwittingly.
A British forensic expert cautioned, however, that suggesting the two bombers suffered from Down syndrome based on photographs of their severed heads was risky. He noted that the heads would have suffered massive trauma when the bombers’ explosives detonated.

“The diagnosis would have to be more scientific than that,” said Bob Lamburne, the director of forensic services for the British embassy in Baghdad.

Look closer DUmmy the unnamed General said they were more than likely mentally disabled aka "Retarded" hardly the smoking gun that you hoped for. Not all retarded folks have downs and DU is living proof of that.  :-)

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 04:13:54 PM »
Wow, another advanced case of BDS:

CJCRANE (1000+ posts)      Sat Feb-09-08 04:23 PM
31. "Islamo-fascists".
 I hate that word. I have a friend who's terrified of "Islamo-fascism".

I don't believe it really exists but if it does then it is most likely being funded by Bush-Cheney's allies and deliberately increased by their policies.

And it's important to keep in mind that ALL female suicide bombers aren't mentally disabled, just a few troublemakers.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:06:45 PM »
14. Of course they do
Clearly, the McCain-Bush approach has not worked. There are more people dying from terrorism, not fewer. The Democratic approach to stabilizing the situation is withdrawing from Iraq, engaging in diplomacy,surrendering to those that hate us and pressuring our allies. Through that appproach, maybe we can create an environment where stable enough governments exist that can reign in the sort of nuts who turn the unwitting into suicide bombers. as during the Clinton years we can bury our head in the sand and pretend they don`t exist...that is unless we need to bomb a couple to distract from being Impeached for real crimes.

Fixed it.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
14. Of course they do
Clearly, the McCain-Bush approach has not worked. There are more people dying from terrorism, not fewer. The Democratic approach to stabilizing the situation is withdrawing from Iraq, engaging in diplomacy, and pressuring our allies. Through that appproach, maybe we can create an environment where stable enough governments exist that can reign in the sort of nuts who turn the unwitting into suicide bombers.

I'd like to know how that works, exactly, and maybe if there's a moonbat lurking out there somewhere they can explain it to me?

We're already engaged in diplomacy with Iraq's sovereign government. They are the recognized state authority in Iraq, not the terrorists. Are you saying we should give the same diplomatic weight to them as the actual legitimate government of Iraq? How would the democratically-elected government of Iraq feel about that? It sounds to me no different than proposing we deal with murderers and other criminals here in the U.S. through "diplomatic" channels.

The terrorists in Iraq have had more than ample opportunity to enter the political process. They could have taken their case directly to the government, ran candidates for office, gained consensus support from the citizenry, presented their ideas and their case for why the U.S. should leave and hash it out in a civilized manner. That's what people who would be responsive to "diplomacy" would be doing, right? When have they even given that a chance?

No, they've been showing their collective asses since day one. They didn't even wait to see how the elections would turn out before they started maiming and killing their own countrymen. Can a DUmmy please tell me how that is "patriotic", how that is fighting for the freedom of Iraq? Throw me a bone here. Wouldn't we have less justification for being in Iraq if the country was peaceful? Less of a presence among the populace? Less of an excuse to intervene in their affairs? It almost sounds like, through their continued efforts to destabilize the country, they want us to stay there. They certainly aren't doing the things that would minimize our justification for staying there in strength.

Also, what part of the forcible creation of Sharia Law, contrary to the will of the people and involving the violent overthrow of the currently democratically-elected government, is open to "diplomatic" negotiation? Please enlighten me. Are we going to tell them, "Sure, you can replace the current government, but you can only hang five homosexuals a day instead of ten."? Is that the diplomatically-reached compromise? How about kinder, gentler rocks to be used in stonings? I'm sure, being the reasonable, amiable sort of folks they are, we won't have any problem negotiating that sort of thing. Hell, we'll even open an embassy for them in Washington. Won't that be nice?

Come and tell me how well-meaning your beloved Freedom Fighters are.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself