Author Topic: The Oconomy - U.S. #1 Employer is WALMART  (Read 490 times)

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
The Oconomy - U.S. #1 Employer is WALMART
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:29:03 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/01/20/business/the-iphone-economy.html?ref=business&_r=1&

And Number 2 is Kelly Services - A TEMP agency.  McDonalds and Taco Bell are in the top six.

You voted for it moonbats...now OWN IT! you pathetic losers.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: The Oconomy - U.S. #1 Employer is WALMART
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »
Sears and GE are the only 2 that are still showing up from 1960 to 2010. Sears may not last much longer.  I would bet GE will still be here in 50 years.

Definitely moved from a manufacturing based to a service based economy. We can get it back and have a strong representation in both sectors, but you can't have companies promising outrageous retirement and benefit packages, etc... as though they're going to continue to just keep humming along for the next 100 years.

Now if I could only see what 2060 looked like I could properly adjust my stock portfolio.  :-)

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:38:49 PM »
Sears and GE are the only 2 that are still showing up from 1960 to 2010. Sears may not last much longer.  I would bet GE will still be here in 50 years.

Definitely moved from a manufacturing based to a service based economy. We can get it back and have a strong representation in both sectors, but you can't have companies promising outrageous retirement and benefit packages, etc... as though they're going to continue to just keep humming along for the next 100 years.

Now if I could only see what 2060 looked like I could properly adjust my stock portfolio.  :-)

Sears actually died years ago. They were bought out by KMart, but they kept the Sears name.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news/fortune500/sears_kmart/

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:45:54 PM »
Remember when we had 4.5% UE, a growing workforce percentage, 1/2 the number of people on food stamps and the msm and democrat party (BIRM) was all about McJobs?

Bottom line of the "knocked it out of the park" jobs report last week was that part time jobs up 360,000 and full time jobs down 240,000. What is even worse is that the way the 0bama regime counts jobs is that if Joe Server had a job at Applebees for 35 hours and the cACA bill forced his hours to be cut to 25 and then he went to McDonalds and got a job for 10 hours. it counts as a new job created.

BTW, there are still 9 million fewer people working today than when the economic illiterate took office in 2009. I'm still confused how 0 goes around saying that he, by himself like when he got 0sama, created 6 million jobs. But hey I'm an engineer and when I throw in 1+1=POTATO on a structural calculation it don't work so well. It works like gasoline, a cinder block, and chicken wire.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 08:56:41 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/01/20/business/the-iphone-economy.html?ref=business&_r=1&

And Number 2 is Kelly Services - A TEMP agency.  McDonalds and Taco Bell are in the top six.

You voted for it moonbats...now OWN IT! you pathetic losers.

I voted for it too! With my dollars!  I'm a Walmart shopper and I love to eat at McDonalds and Taco Bell. 
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:00:20 PM »
And to think liberals raked Bush over the coals with their "McJobs presidency".

****ing idiots.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 09:08:24 PM »
And to think liberals raked Bush over the coals with their "McJobs presidency".

****ing idiots.

Good point.  Google came up with 12,100 results for Bush McJobs in 0.27 seconds on democrat underground dot com.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=bush+mcjobs&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=democraticunderground.com&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden