Author Topic: Taverner primitive asks a stupid question, a really stupid question  (Read 1041 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021641268

Oh my.

Don't piss me off, Taverner; I'm in a foul mood this evening.

Taverner (50,331 posts)    Fri Oct 26, 2012, 07:59 PM

Why does the male tend to want to dominate the female?

Seriously - the one thing you can trace through world history is our (male) desire to dominate the female.

Why is this?

And why should it be?

And how do we change this?

Feminist theory rightly points out that this is a historical constant.

WTF?

It's a big campfire, so only the PoP (primitives of prominence):

CaliforniaPeggy (99,660 posts)    Fri Oct 26, 2012, 08:02 PM

2. Isn't that a function of testosterone?

I could be wrong, of course...

Hmmmm.

The CalPig primitive's got to make only 340 more posts on Skins's island, and then she hits six figures.

Probably 326 of those needed posts'll be pictures of herself.

mike_c (30,745 posts)    Fri Oct 26, 2012, 08:16 PM

14. in the world of animal behavior we speak of proximal causes and ultimate causes....

Proximal causes are the stimuli that elicit behaviors, and ultimate causes are the evolutionary forces that select for or against those behaviors. In that sense, testosterone would be a proximal cause of male dominance (and it's somewhat complicated by a number of other factors, but testosterone certainly DOES promote aggression and domination, and more so in males than in females). But it's not the ultimate, evolutionary cause.

I'm late for a meeting but this is a topic that fascinates me. One thing to consider though-- if male dominance behavior wasn't adaptive-- that is, if it didn't increase the likely reproductive success of BOTH males and females, natural selection would operate strongly against it. After all, it has direct impacts on reproductive fitness. Its lengthy conservation, to which the OP alludes, argues against any strong selection to eliminate it. (Note to all-- that's not a moral or ethical suggestion, just a biological one).

Oops, that's all the PoP at this campfire, the rest being lumpenunterprimitiven.

Taverner (50,331 posts)   Fri Oct 26, 2012, 08:47 PM

35. We are all primates

And primates are a pretty warlike order
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Taverner primitive asks a stupid question, a really stupid question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
It's Friday night... the loser is trolling for dates again.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 08:10:56 PM »
Only asks because of "his" inability to do so.

Taverturd, real women find metrosexuals to be discusting and easily dominated.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Undies

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »
DUmmies and their constant quest to defeat human nature is the core of what makes them so hilarious to me.  That and their complete lack of any logical economic intelligence.

They will not rest until all men by law must sit down to pee.   

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
Quote from:
Taverner

Seriously - the one thing you can trace through world history is our (male) desire to dominate the female.

Another things we can safely trace is that there's a hole in your arm where all the money goes, and apparently you don't have a dick.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 08:52:16 PM »
Taverner (50,331 posts)    Fri Oct 26, 2012, 07:59 PM

Is Taverner feeling left out? Who thinks about these sorts of things?

Maybe that gal who made the "first time" would be willing to put the T-bum into submission?

If there were still newspapers, he could check the classifieds.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »
So far, Tav has struck out with the DU fat chicks, the loners group, and the LGBQTZY's. 

Next on his list must be the feminists.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »
:rotf: :rotf:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 09:13:13 PM »
Is Taverner feeling left out? Who thinks about these sorts of things?

Maybe that gal who made the "first time" would be willing to put the T-bum into submission?

If there were still newspapers, he could check the classifieds.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »
The bug-man was having a blind squirrel moment there...the answer is that it is what it is, and it's that way because, biologically speaking, it has worked, and one has to say, it has worked pretty damned well, since our species has managed to outcompete every other mammal in the 'top of the food chain' stakes.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
Why don't Taverner and stevenumbers just hook up?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »
So far, Tav has struck out with the DU fat chicks, the loners group, and the LGBQTZY's. 

Next on his list must be the feminists.

Well there is still the fat goth chicks at the Hot Topics store at the mall and the ones protesting with the occupy groups if they are still out there. The hard up druggies he meets must have turned him down otherwise he'd be a shoe in. I wonder if he would have a shot with some moonies?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 09:45:21 PM »
Feminist theory is flawed. 

For example, everybody says Asian wives (I mean the real imports, not the ones made in the USA) are nice and docile and submissive.  Well, they might not shame their husband in public, sure, but it's a differnet story when they're home alone.  That is her domain, he is only there when he isn't working, which she will try to make him comfortable.  If you want to see how submissive she is, just let her husband try to tell her how to run her house.  He'll be lucky if he doesn't get stabbed.  I know all of this because one of my best friends is married to a Japanese woman and another is married to a Chinese woman.  They, the wives will tell you who run things in their house.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 09:46:01 PM »
Feminist theory is flawed. 

For example, everybody says Asian wives (I mean the real imports, not the ones made in the USA) are nice and docile and submissive.  Well, they might not shame their husband in public, sure, but it's a differnet story when they're home alone.  That is her domain, he is only there when he isn't working, which she will try to make him comfortable.  If you want to see how submissive she is, just let her husband try to tell her how to run her house.  He'll be lucky if he doesn't get stabbed.  I know all of this because one of my best friends is married to a Japanese woman and another is married to a Chinese woman.  They, the wives will tell you who run things in their house.
Is that you, Bondai? :rofl:

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
LOL. nope.  Just had to post what my experiences have been......I couldn't be compared to a better poster though.  :cheersmate:
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »

He's going to be in trouble with McDorkio. Sucking up to the flannel-wrapped bull feminist contingent over there is his schtick for connecting with the womyn.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 04:51:43 AM »

Now we know why Bondai likes guns so much--he wants to even things up! :tongue: :whistling: O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.