Author Topic: Wellstoned 10: Theories Never Die  (Read 1854 times)

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
Wellstoned 10: Theories Never Die
« on: October 25, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »
LINKO

Adenoid_Hynkel (10,817 posts)

View profile
Wellstone's passion recalled 10 years after death
Source: AP

EVELETH, Minn. (AP) — On the 10th anniversary of the plane crash that killed Sen. Paul Wellstone and seven others, speakers remembered the liberal Minnesota firebrand Thursday for his activism and his ability to care for others.

More than 200 people turned out in northeastern Minnesota's Iron Range to remember Wellstone and those who died with him near Eveleth. In attendance were Minnesota Democratic Sens. Al Franken and Amy Klobuchar, and Sen. Tom Harkin, an Iowa Democrat who was Wellstone's Senate colleague.

The event was held at the Wellstone Memorial and Historic Site, an understated series of rock monuments and walkways that wind through the forest a few hundred yards from where the small plane went down Oct. 25, 2002, 12 days before the election. Wellstone, a liberal Democrat and former college professor, had been running for a third term.

The crash also killed his wife, Sheila; their daughter, Marcia Wellstone Markuson; campaign staffers Tom Lapic, Mary McEvoy and Will McLaughlin; and two pilots, Richard Conry and Michael Guess. There were no survivors.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/news/article/Wellstone-s-passion-recalled-10-years-after-death-3982389.php

Great Caesars Ghost (291 posts)
3. Wellstone was assassinated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vbf49kzWFw

Star Member jimlup (3,814 posts)
5. And we need to be reminded of this now as we head into a major fight November 6th

View profile
They may well try to steal this one like they stolen Paul Wellstone from us.
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: Wellstoned 10: Theories Never Die
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42:02 PM »
The Wellstone memorial brought the Republicans electoral victory that year. Was it really 2002?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:48:45 AM »

No, but Ron Brown was.  By the first black President.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:12:44 AM »
The Wellstone memorial brought the Republicans electoral victory that year. Was it really 2002?

You know, by 2002, I'd ditched television, but I recall seeing something on the boob tube during the funeral; for the life of me, I can't remember where I was though, and what I was doing.

It appeared to me, seeing it on television (but of course not hearing the sound), it was like a giant pep-rally more than a solemn occasion.  A real turn-off; after all, the guy had died, which is no excuse for a pep-rally.

And then it further pissed me off when prominent Republican Senators were shown coming in and taking their seats--it looked as if the crowd were booing and hissing them.

At a funeral?

Bah humbug.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Jets_Fan

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Long Time Coming......
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 02:20:03 AM »
Who?

Never herd of him?  Was he important?
Hey America!  How's That Hopey-Changey Stuff Working Out For Ya?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:02 AM »
Who?

Never herd of him?  Was he important?

He was a far-left Democrat U.S. Senator from Minnesota.

Generally ineffective, because he was too far over even for many Democrats.

But he's a primitive hero.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 03:17:25 AM »
He was a far-left Democrat U.S. Senator from Minnesota.

Generally ineffective, because he was too far over even for many Democrats.

But he's a primitive hero.

Yep.  Like Bernie Sanders.

What the hell is wrong with Vermont anyway?  I always thought they were more Conservative than that.

Dopey me.....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:20:02 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 03:31:35 AM »

What the hell is wrong with Vermont anyway?  I always thought they were more Conservative than that.

Dopey me.....

Vermont's not Vermont any more.

After turning their native states into hellholes of corruption, crime, illiteracy, and congestion, affluent Democrats, liberals, and primitives moved there to get away from it all.

The problem being, they brought along their old voting habits that had made their native states hellholes to begin with, and so Vermont's been changing for the worse.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 04:15:47 AM »

After turning their native states into hellholes of corruption, crime, illiteracy, and congestion, affluent Democrats, liberals, and primitives moved there to get away from it all.

The problem being, they brought along their old voting habits that had made their native states hellholes to begin with, and so Vermont's been changing for the worse.

Of course.  Where is my brain?  We have the same thing down here, Frank, with the Chicago fugitives.  Samey, same story, except we currently out-vote them by a very huge margin. 

A tiny group of them (3) attended a Goreville H.S. parent/teachers meeting once and asked why,  wait for it.....Global Warming wasn't taught essentially as they would prefer.  Evidently, their brainwashed spawn bopped home from school one day and, upon intensive third degree from the parental units, revealed that the school taught that AGW was a completely unproven theory and, quite possibly, a gigantic fraud. 

It just so happened that one of the teachers (of 25 years meteorological experience and climate studies degrees) was in attendance.  She stood up, introduced herself (and her credentials) and told them that this school would not indulge in the teaching of fantasy.  The Chicago primitives were stunned into mute disbelief.  The girlfriend kept punching me in the arm to keep me from ...ahem.....commenting.  The subject has never come back up.

God, I do love it out here in the woods......

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 07:15:29 AM »

The democrat party is not the democrat party anymore. They've been taken over by Marxist rebels. JFK couldn't get elected by today's democrat party.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Karin

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
What a heartening story, 98Z. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't think it would do all that much for your voter turnout to convince your lowlife, easy-way-out, entitlement-dependent followers that the opposition was so ruthless that they would casually kill an opponent and everyone around him, and apparently get away with it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »
What a heartening story, 98Z.  

We're lucky down here.  It would be almost impossible for the Chicago thugs to outnumber us.  The really liberal ones don't seem to stay more than 6-7 years.  Longer than that, the area tends to ween the progressive out of you.  Then again, Goreville passed an ordinance requiring every resident to own a hand gun (seriously, but not enforced) as a thumb in the eye of Morton Grove when they passed a hand gun ban (since rescinded, I think) in 1982/3.   :-)

Nicest damn people I have ever met in my lifetime.

Until you ruffle their feathers.......

EDIT:  FULL DISCLOSURE

Myself, and four of my closest neighbors here on the lake, are all transplanted Chicagoans.  The most recent relocated here in '94.  Those folks are so Conservative, they make me look like a Centrist RINO sometimes.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:10:56 AM by 98ZJUSMC »

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 11:38:50 AM »
Vermont?? Isn't that the place with the earwig infestation problem?

Yaa, yaa, so was Vince Foster. get a grip you DUmbass.
(posted a you-boob video to prove it) :banghead:
What's next, chicken wire and concrete blocks?  :lmao:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
Vermont?? Isn't that the place with the earwig infestation problem?

Yaa, yaa, so was Vince Foster. get a grip you DUmbass.
(posted a you-boob video to prove it) :banghead:
What's next, chicken wire and concrete blocks?  :lmao:

But Foster had the lowdown on the hildabeast. That's like committing suicide. Only someone else does it to you before you can do it to yourself.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »
Ugh, not again...

Frankly,  somebody needs to take the Wellstone conspiracy theories, pack them into a small plane, and......    :popcorn:

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 03:49:04 AM »
But Foster had the lowdown on was doing the hildabeast.

Fixed  :-)
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 06:25:28 AM »

Dopey me.....

When we moved to Vt in '62 it was one of the most conservative states in the country, but Frank's right, more than half our population moved here from the seventies on.  Still some of us old-timers left, but I think a lot have given up.