Author Topic: The Obamaconomy sucks worse than the Bush prosperity.  (Read 724 times)

Offline thundley4

The Obamaconomy sucks worse than the Bush prosperity.
« on: December 24, 2011, 08:14:17 PM »
kentuck

What was your opinion of the economy when President Obama took office?

Did you think we were in deep doo-doo? And that it was going to be a long, hard dig to get out of the hole?

Or did you think everything would be OK so long as we had a steady hand at the helm?

Or perhaps you thought we would be OK so long as we didn't do anything radical in regards to the banks and the economy?

Do you think the President has done a good job, under the circumstances, in regards to your idea of the state of the economy in January, 2009? He has done as good a job as could be expected, considering what he inherited?

What did you think about our economy in January of 2009? As the stock market was dropping like a rock, as we were losing 750,000 jobs per month, as consumer confidence was hitting the bottom, did you think we were going to crash upon the rocks?

Do you think differently about the economy today as opposed to January 2009?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/100268742

emilyg
2. At that time I was doing OK. Now

it's tough - very tough.

NorthCarolina
5. Not so very different from now I suppose...although gas and food were a bit cheaper back then.

It is amazing how the prices at the grocery store have sky rocketed these past couple of years.

DesertFlower
6. it was bad, but it's worse now.

we're doing okay. fortunately hubby is still working at age 64. if he didn't have a rare skill they would have let him go years ago.

DesertFlower
15. more people have lost their jobs,

Last edited Sat Dec 24, 2011, 08:25 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

their health care and their savings. more houses are in foreclosure. food prices are much higher.

i'm not blaming obama. i think it would help if the repubs would have agreed on his jobs plan -- rebuilding infrastructure, etc. the banks suck. i know quite a few people who have tried to get a mortgage modification -- only 1 succeeded. his payment went down $600 a month but instead of a 20 year mortgage he had to take a 30, but at least he's been able to keep his house.

csziggy
13. That it was bad and could get much worse

If Obama did not do the right thing. He did half the right thing with his stimulus, but it was not big or bold enough so we're just limping along.

Now I want to see prosecutions of those who put us into this mess and reforms that will try to keep it from happening again. Those are not happening so I am not sure where we will be going from here.

Dodd and Frank belong behind bars. On this I agree.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Obamaconomy sucks worse than the Bush prosperity.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Good find, sir, excellent find.

I'm sure this sort of campfire's the cutting edge of what we're going to see the next eleven months.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »
Good find, sir, excellent find.

I'm sure this sort of campfire's the cutting edge of what we're going to see the next eleven months.

Some DUmmies still blame President Bush and some even blame President Ronald Reagan for Obama's failure.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »
Some DUmmies still blame President Bush and some even blame President Ronald Reagan for Obama's failure.

Oh, I'm sure the primitives would blame William Howard Taft for the Magic One's failure to deal with the economy, if the primitives knew who William Howard Taft was.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 09:02:55 PM »
I just want to meet this guy's broker. :thatsright:

doc03 (11,644 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

21. I was 61 and had weathered several recessions and none of them worried

me like that one. I think we were damn lucky it wasn't worse. I think the Stimulus is what saved us from going into a complete meltdown. I think the Stimulus should have had much more infrastructure spending than it did but I suppose that was the best could have been done politically. I think the biggest mistake this administration made was spending months passing a health plan nobody is happy with rather than focusing on the economy. I was pretty optimistic about things until this last election when the teabaggers took over. All you have to do is look at the jobs figures and you can tell things turned south as soon as the Republicans took the house. We are lucky we never went into a double dip and if the Republicans have their way we will be in one. Like I said I was 61 when Obama took office, the mill I worked in shut down that April and my IRA was down about 60%. I was fortunate I only had to ride out a year of unemployment to retire and my IRA has nearly completely recovered. We aren't out of the woods yet, we have the Republicans trying to tank the economy and who knows what will happen in Europe.

That is some awesome recovery.  60% ??  Whoa how did I miss that?   :stoner:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 09:03:17 PM »
emilyg
2. At that time I was doing OK. Now

it's tough - very tough.

No shit.

DesertFlower
6. it was bad, but it's worse now.

we're doing okay. fortunately hubby is still working at age 64. if he didn't have a rare skill they would have let him go years ago.

I guess he doesn't have a PhD in Womyns Studies.

DesertFlower
15. more people have lost their jobs,

Last edited Sat Dec 24, 2011, 08:25 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

their health care and their savings. more houses are in foreclosure. food prices are much higher.

i'm not blaming obama. i think it would help if the repubs would have agreed on his jobs plan -- rebuilding infrastructure, etc.
You got the 800 billion stimulus... how did that work out?
the banks suck. i know quite a few people who have tried to get a mortgage modification -- only 1 succeeded. his payment went down $600 a month but instead of a 20 year mortgage he had to take a 30, but at least he's been able to keep his house.
Too bad he bought more than he could afford.

csziggy

If Obama did not do the right thing. He did half the right thing with his stimulus, but it was not big or bold enough so we're just limping along.
800 billion shovel ready jobs is not enough?
Now I want to see prosecutions of those who put us into this mess and reforms that will try to keep it from happening again. Those are not happening so I am not sure where we will be going from here.

So you want to put Barney Frank in prison? Good start Dummie!

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 07:20:50 AM »
csziggy

There is no such thing as "enough" in the DUmmie vocabulary.  No amount of "enough" is ever enough.   :hammer:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 07:51:35 AM »
There is no such thing as "enough" in the DUmmie vocabulary.  No amount of "enough" is ever enough.   :hammer:

Cough*bullshit*cough, you forgot about the vocabulary word work, as in getting off their keisters and doing any of it. :tongue:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 11:44:03 AM »
I just want to meet this guy's broker. :thatsright:

That is some awesome recovery.  60% ??  Whoa how did I miss that?   :stoner:

Waitthehellasecondwhatthedeuce???

Did I read that correctly?  His IRA went down 60 percent???
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
I knew the losers at the DUmp were slow.  They are just now noticing that the "O" has f-ed up the economy and royally screwed the country! :thatsright:
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 12:20:51 PM »
Billions of borrowed dollars poured down leftist rat holes with nothing to show for it. :bird:

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 12:24:55 PM »
Waitthehellasecondwhatthedeuce???

Did I read that correctly?  His IRA went down 60 percent???

Yeah, but that ain't nothin.  What mystified me is how it went up under BO.  Talk about magic beans. :rotf:

my IRA has nearly completely recovered

I need to call my broker and ask him why he is such a slacker when these type returns are out there.  Hot damn son what is your problem I plan to ask him.  I think I am barely back to even not counting the ravages of "Invisible Inflation" which as we know does not exist in the CPI.  He also needs to tell Old Don.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »
No kidding.  I think my IRA has a return of maybe 2-3 percent.  Then again, were I to deposit that money today, I'd be looking at something around 1/2 of 1 percent.

Either that or he is getting assurances on his ROR from Bernie Madoff.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »
Some historic records under the world's smartest president in the history of the universe.

Food has almost doubled.
Gasoline has doubled.
Record (since statistics have been kept) lowest labor participation rate.
Over four million jobs lost, gone, evaporated
Last summer (2011) second quarter biggest household net wealth loss since 08the average 4%.
Third annual TRILLION and HALF DOLLAR federal deficit, all under 0bama's direction.
Record (since statistics have been kept) foreclosure rate.
Record (since statistics have been kept) poverty rate.
Record (since statistics have been kept) food stamp usage.
Record (since statistics have been kept) savings and CD rates.
Record (since statistics have been kept) health insurance premium increases (immediately after 0bamaCare passed).
Record (since statistics have been kept) gold prices.

This, ladies and gentleman, is what fundamentally changing our country looks like.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »
Some historic records under the world's smartest president in the history of the universe.

Food has almost doubled.
Gasoline has doubled.
Last summer (2011) second quarter biggest household net wealth loss since 08the average 4%.
Third annual TRILLION and HALF DOLLAR federal deficit, all under 0bama's direction.
Record (since statistics have been kept) health insurance premium increases (immediately after 0bamaCare passed).

This, ladies and gentleman, is what fundamentally changing our country looks like.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U&feature=related[/youtube]

DUmmies will never understand why it didn't work this time either.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 09:04:22 AM »

Food has almost doubled.
Gasoline has doubled.

I don't remember who said it, but recently heard someone say "if you love something, you don't try to 'fundamentally change' it. You don't 'fundamentally change' your fiancee, or your parents. If you want to 'fundamentally change' something, you don't love it at all."