Author Topic: DUmmies can't seem to decide on whether to be afraid of Perry or not  (Read 514 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1841366

My current tally on this thread is 15 afraid, and 4 unafraid.  DUmmie quinnox is taking a pretty good beating from the other DUmmies for his opinion:

quinnox  (1000+ posts)           Mon Aug-29-11 09:17 PM
Original message
Rick Perry is nothing to fear, flash in the pan most likely

I have serious doubts he will be able to actually win the nomination. Either Romney or someone else not yet in the race will stop this guy. I'm not scared of Rick Perry, he doesn't have a wide appeal and is most likely going to fade fast.

Golden Raisin    (1000+ posts)           Mon Aug-29-11 09:19 PM
Response to Original message
1. I heard the EXACT same sentiments

uttered about both Ronald Reagan and Bush the Younger.

RevStPatrick   (342 posts)           Mon Aug-29-11 09:23 PM
Response to Reply #1
4. Yep. Exactly!

The minute Dubya announced he was running, I knew he was going to be the next president. Because they were gonna steal it for him. I get the same feeling about this Perry dufus...

hlthe2b   (1000+ posts)           Mon Aug-29-11 09:34 PM
Response to Reply #1
11. Exactly... Every time I hear someone voice this,like Déjà vu....

George W Bush*.... he could never win the nomination, right? Everyone can see how stupid he is and how entitled he is and after all his Dad couldn't even win reelection. Right? sigh....

scheming daemons   (1000+ posts)             Mon Aug-29-11 09:42 PM
Response to Reply #7
16. Apples and Oranges on all three accounts

A) Reagan had strong appeal among moderates.. and we hadn't had a conservative President in so long that average Americans didn't know yet how dangerous and nuts they were.

B) Bush II, with "Compassionate Conservatism" and "No Child Left Behind", has some Clintonesque sounding stuff that appealed to moderates.

C) Rand Paul won in a very RED state. He wouldn't win a nationwide election.

DuckBurp (170 posts)           Mon Aug-29-11 09:32 PM
8. Every time he has run for office, I thought there was no way he would win

In the primary for governor, how could he defeat Senator Kay Hutchison's machine backed by the Bushies? He did. How could he defeat former Houston mayor Bill White in the general election? He did. The money and the good-ole-boys here in Texas are for him. Don't mis-underestimate him again.

Chipper Chat   (1000+ posts)             Mon Aug-29-11 09:40 PM
Response to Reply #10
14. Amen brother.

All the Perrymachine has to do is steal the election in Florida and Ohio and he will be in. THe small red states like Indiana that Obama won in '08 will swing back to republican - mainly because the 'Obama miracle' has faded and progressive turnout wont be there. I hate that this is the case but it is.

scheming daemons   (1000+ posts)             Mon Aug-29-11 09:44 PM
Response to Reply #12
17. Winning in VERY RED Texas is much different than winning Nation-wide

Bernie Sanders wins big in Vermont, but he wouldn't carry any other state.

Perry couldn't win anywhere but the very deep south.

cali   (1000+ posts)             Mon Aug-29-11 09:41 PM
15. you should be taking him seriously. It's not very smart or knowledgable not to.

He reportedly has a very adept political team, he's going to have boatloads of money. He appeals to the base and is acceptable to the power pukes. He has never lost an election. He now leads in all the polls.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: DUmmies can't seem to decide on whether to be afraid of Perry or not
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:29:17 PM »
Right on cue, they start claiming that if the repuke of the day wins, it will be because he stole the election.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:57:03 PM »
Right on cue, they start claiming that if the repuke of the day wins, it will be because he stole the election.

Yeah, it does get boring.

And it ignores the actual historic fact, the stark historic fact, that the Democrat party has corrupted so many local, county, and state elections--in several degrees of magnitude as compared with Republicans--that surely when the final chapter of the history of this Republic is written, historians will call the Democrat party the most corrupt institution ever in its history, even more corrupt than organized crime or the slave trade.

I don't even pay any attention any more.

Republicans don't steal because they don't have the tools to steal.  Democrats have all of them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 01:14:54 AM »
Hey DUmmies! May as well call it a done deal and go home now.

Presidents are elected by middle America, the "swing vote" and they are no small group. In case you hadn't noticed the consensus among voters identifying themselves as liberal is that your boy Soetoro is so last week and even a third of them are looking past Lord Zero. Hint~ that should be a pretty good indicator of where the "mushy middle" is on this one.

Primary? Forget it! Honestly, when was the last time a sitting president was forced to run that gauntlet?

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

You think Reid is going to go for that? Not a chance. He's still walking around with the Barack-The-Rock 9" action figure with the Kung Fu Grip in his inside jacket pocket everywhere he goes.

Nancy Lugosi? Permanently starry eyed for THE ONE and all agog like a 15 year old school girl at a Beatles concert when he walks into the same room with her. Nope. She would throw herself on a landmine to save him.

Shrillary going to swoop in with an army of rallied forces from Clintonistan and force the issue?

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

Why not?

Not only for the aforementioned hero worship of Barack Vader which really is rock solid with them but ultimately more importantly for themselves first, in true democrat me first! fashion due to the "birther" issue. They vetted this walking mystery, or more precisely worked in cahoots together to skip that part and if he goes down they all go down. Try as you on the left might to repeat the notion ad nauseum that the birther thing is dead, it is anything but dead. An honest man does not spend millions out of his own pocket to mask the obvious like a cat trying to hide a pile on a marble floor. It isn't going away and the whole of the democrat hierarchy is locked in with that for keeps.

Any attempt for a serious call to primary him will be met with a circle the wagons reaction that will make the night of the long knives look like a nasty spat on the short bus.

You numbskulls are stuck with your hopey changey miracle man and therefore toast in '12.

The only thing that could save this burnt turd from the fire is massive voter fraud in the way of illegal aliens being accommodated at the polls en masse or perhaps some backdoor amnesty being crammed through in the 11th hour. (likely).

Middle America put Lord Zero in the White House in '08 and guess what? One big fat let down after another, and another, and another... Do you really need a list? Middle America is going to put him out of the White House in '12.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:42:55 AM »
Hey DUmmies! May as well call it a done deal and go home now.

Presidents are elected by middle America, the "swing vote" and they are no small group. In case you hadn't noticed the consensus among voters identifying themselves as liberal is that your boy Soetoro is so last week and even a third of them are looking past Lord Zero. Hint~ that should be a pretty good indicator of where the "mushy middle" is on this one.

Primary? Forget it! Honestly, when was the last time a sitting president was forced to run that gauntlet?

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

You think Reid is going to go for that? Not a chance. He's still walking around with the Barack-The-Rock 9" action figure with the Kung Fu Grip in his inside jacket pocket everywhere he goes.

Nancy Lugosi? Permanently starry eyed for THE ONE and all agog like a 15 year old school girl at a Beatles concert when he walks into the same room with her. Nope. She would throw herself on a landmine to save him.

Shrillary going to swoop in with an army of rallied forces from Clintonistan and force the issue?

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

Why not?

Not only for the aforementioned hero worship of Barack Vader which really is rock solid with them but ultimately more importantly for themselves first, in true democrat me first! fashion due to the "birther" issue. They vetted this walking mystery, or more precisely worked in cahoots together to skip that part and if he goes down they all go down. Try as you on the left might to repeat the notion ad nauseum that the birther thing is dead, it is anything but dead. An honest man does not spend millions out of his own pocket to mask the obvious like a cat trying to hide a pile on a marble floor. It isn't going away and the whole of the democrat hierarchy is locked in with that for keeps.

Any attempt for a serious call to primary him will be met with a circle the wagons reaction that will make the night of the long knives look like a nasty spat on the short bus.

You numbskulls are stuck with your hopey changey miracle man and therefore toast in '12.

The only thing that could save this burnt turd from the fire is massive voter fraud in the way of illegal aliens being accommodated at the polls en masse or perhaps some backdoor amnesty being crammed through in the 11th hour. (likely).

Middle America put Lord Zero in the White House in '08 and guess what? One big fat let down after another, and another, and another... Do you really need a list? Middle America is going to put him out of the White House in '12.

Steel on target.  H5.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »
Everyone can see how stupid he [Bush] is and how entitled he is and after all his Dad couldn't even win reelection. Right? sigh....

I thought that was the way liberals wanted everyone to be - stupid and entitled.  Make up your minds.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:08:55 AM »
Chipper Chat   (1000+ posts)             Mon Aug-29-11 09:40 PM
Response to Reply #10
14. Amen brother.

All the Perrymachine has to do is steal the election in Florida and Ohio and he will be in. THe small red states like Indiana that Obama won in '08 will swing back to republican - mainly because the 'Obama miracle' has faded and progressive turnout wont be there. I hate that this is the case but it is.

We don't have to steal shit...  we don't have to bus in people from the projects and ghettos, we don't have to have dead people voting, we don't have to corrupt the voting board, etc....  At least this DUmmie realized that Obama only got voted in because of the hype and there was no substance what so ever.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:48:19 AM »
Assuming he gets the nomination, look who he'd be running against, and that guy's record of ineffectuality and failure, DUmmies. 

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »
it's not going to be hard to steal Florida as 0bama is 35/58 in approval down there and trending down.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »
Same meme, different century.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.