Author Topic: TiT does a good deed (actually he steals from his employer)  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
TiT does a good deed (actually he steals from his employer)
« on: December 14, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)
Sun Dec-14-08 04:04 PM
Original message
My Good Deed of the Day

Just this morning I was lamenting the fact that, due to various factors, I wouldn't be able to really help anyone who is down on their luck this holiday season.

So I resolved to help, if possible, one person a day. I was thinking of stories I had heard about the Great Depression and how people would all sort of all pull together. After all, even if one has no money one can surely do something. I even brought a guitar into the Gallery, just in case I could simply play a song for someone, lift their spirits.

Three sisters from San Diego walked in and started looking around. They were paying a lot of attention to some cool earrings that are designed by a local woman. I told them she had been a practicing psychologist at a (rape) trauma center, and had started designing and making jewelry for her own therapy.

During the course of conversation, one of the women said something to the effect that she should have her head examined by the jeweler, considering the fact that she was laid off just last week.

All three of them bought jewelry. Two of them purchased multiple pieces, but the jobless one bought only a single pair of mid-priced earrings.

I asked her about her being laid off and she told me that she had been teaching women to read. Her students were all parolees from the California prison system, most had either never gone to school or learned to read at all. We talked about how programs such as that are so critical and necessary, especially in California. Out prisons are horribly overcrowded, and there will probably soon be a court-mandated release of tens of thousands of convicts. And they will have few places to turn in order to improve the collective plight.

She handed her credit card to me. Delivered with a sigh.

I dropped the earrings into a pretty little silk patch and handed them to her, along with her un-processed credit card.

"Merry Christmas, wear these in good health and good luck."

We can all do something for someone, no matter how small that "something" may appear.

Anyway, that's my Good Deed for the Day.

Tom

Always good to admit to stealing from your employer on a public website, Tom. :mental:

Of course, he could just be lying about the whole thing, which is actually more likely.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: TiT does a good deed (actually he steals from his employer)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »
WTF is wrong with him!?!??!?!  He is seriously just trying to get moron of the year I think.  He can't possibly be that incredibly stupid.  I am nominating him for an Oscar because either he is the biggest idiot ever born or he is the greatest actor alive.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »
tcfrogs  (1000+ posts)
Sun Dec-14-08 04:23 PM
Response to Original message
4. Did you pay for the earrings?

Or do you own the store and just decided to give them away? I'm confused.

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)
Sun Dec-14-08 04:29 PM
Response to Reply #4
6. Both.

So now he owns the store? :bs:

And if he paid for them and owns the store, what does this line from his original post mean?

Just this morning I was lamenting the fact that, due to various factors, I wouldn't be able to really help anyone who is down on their luck this holiday season.

Either you own the store and gave the earrings away, or you stole from your employer, dipshit.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 04:47:14 PM »
In my experience as a "Local artist," the store will try to screw the artist on it, as they almost certainly didn't buy them from her in the first place, but have some variation of a consignment arrangement.  That is, if it had really happened, of course. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 04:56:32 PM »
So now he owns the store? :bs:

And if he paid for them and owns the store, what does this line from his original post mean?

Either you own the store and gave the earrings away, or you stole from your employer, dipshit.

He doesn`t even try to be careful with his lies anymore,he knows that most of the DUmp are too stupid to figure them out.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »
Of course, he could just be lying about the whole thing, which is actually more likely.

More than likely what he did was keep the carbon of the credit card slip so he could use their number to ensure HE has a Merry Christmas.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »
Lets assume for a moment that 1) This is a true Story , 2) Tom comp'd his employer for the sale.

He gives some shitty little piece of jewelry to someone and thinks he's being charitable...

If he feels charitable, why didn't he give a box of food to the local homeless shelter, or even drag his fat ass in there to help out for a couple nights. Something that would help people in far more dire straights.

Instead, he gives some ornament away. Classy. Real Classy.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »
There are times you'd like to believe everyone can be nice
but TiT is sooooooo full of horseshit... :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »
Oh my.

I suspect the lying titty primitive just gave them to her, and didn't reimburse the store.

If I were the owner of the store, I'd make an inventory, and check it every time the lying titty primitive gets off work.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 10:29:24 AM »
Sign of desperation from the Great Depression, a lack of bread.

Sign of desperation from the much much MUCH worse * economy, a lack of earrings.  :whatever:

Yeah, that's at the top of my list when dire straights are upon me, jewelry.  ::)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site