Author Topic: Have the russian trolls infiltrated DU?  (Read 1845 times)

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
Have the russian trolls infiltrated DU?
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »

Wed Dec 6, 2017, 10:56 AM

captain queeg (95 posts)

I've seen a few discussions about politics go off the rail lately. Some replies devolve to hostile personal attacks. The Russians have proven themselves to be very adept at stirring the pot, getting americans to turn on each other. I always say they know how to get the most bang for the buck. Hire a few trolls and spend a couple thousand to disrupt our political system and elections. Using an array of espionage tricks they will steal our latest weapons systems, spending a few million to get billions of dollars worth of American research. Way cheaper than having to do it themselves.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029932990

Just as a point of clarification, I'm not Russian and I don't charge for my service to humanity.

Response to captain queeg (Original post)

Wed Dec 6, 2017, 11:02 AM

L. Coyote (44,785 posts)

2. You don't need to be a Russian to troll DU.

We've had to deal with right wing trolls since day one.

Can't argue with that!

"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Have the russian trolls infiltrated DU?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:38:59 AM »
Heaven forbid you should read something that doesn't fit your narrative or goes against it.

That just goes to show how shallow and closed minded you all are. :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »
If the reference is about individuals who believe the USSR and communism are the pinnacle of how gov't should be designed, then that makes up the majority of DU posters and has since January 2001.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »
If the LPC Noob had hung out at DU a bit longer, (s)he would know that long-time regulars cudgeling each other is a frequent state on DU, with zero Russian trolling.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:19:33 PM »
Wed Dec 6, 2017, 10:56 AM

captain queeg (95 posts)

I've seen a few discussions about politics go off the rail lately. Some replies devolve to hostile personal attacks. The Russians have proven themselves to be very adept at stirring the pot, getting americans to turn on each other. I always say they know how to get the most bang for the buck. Hire a few trolls and spend a couple thousand to disrupt our political system and elections. Using an array of espionage tricks they will steal our latest weapons systems, spending a few million to get billions of dollars worth of American research. Way cheaper than having to do it themselves.

We have been through this before. Show me proof that there are Russian trolls at DU.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 05:48:53 AM »
We have been through this before. Show me proof that there are Russian trolls at DU.
Skimmer has access to those Russian ip addresses and published them....oh wait....lol
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 06:02:03 AM »
I dunno why the primitives are so worried about the Russians.

Back when Vast Teddy, George McGovern, Bobby, Adlai Stevenson, Henry Wallace, and other Soviet lovers too numerous to mention, were in the heart of American politics and governance--and when the now-ageing Barack Obama was really young--the primitives sure seemed to like them and their desire to bring down the United States and all for which we stand.

What changed?  How come the primitives no longer like?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 07:16:19 AM »
I dunno why the primitives are so worried about the Russians.

Back when Vast Teddy, George McGovern, Bobby, Adlai Stevenson, Henry Wallace, and other Soviet lovers too numerous to mention, were in the heart of American politics and governance--and when the now-ageing Barack Obama was really young--the primitives sure seemed to like them and their desire to bring down the United States and all for which we stand.

What changed?  How come the primitives no longer like?
Their betters told them to. Not a single independent thought between them all
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 08:04:46 AM »
Putin sez "D Who?"
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 06:33:38 PM »
The OP suggests that du is somehow important enough to waste resources infiltrating. 

I am sure if the Ruskies noticed it at all they just noticed the kindredness and just said "thanks for the support, comrades."
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.