Author Topic: time' for Nancy Pelosi and her leadership team to go  (Read 1836 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
time' for Nancy Pelosi and her leadership team to go
« on: October 07, 2017, 12:32:32 AM »
alp227 (29,866 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141882571

House Democrat Sanchez: 'I think it's time' for Nancy Pelosi and her leadership team to go'

:rotf:

VermontKevin (727 posts)
1. Sounds like Linda's still pissed the Dems backed Harris and not her sister for the Senate seat.

It couldn't be because San Fran Nan has lost the house, senate, and presidency since she had been house leader, can it?

Star Member PoindexterOglethorpe (3,229 posts)
2. Yes. We need new people, new leadership.

I know that's a hideously unpopular opinion here, but there comes a time for change.

Not to mention, one thing the Republicans have been highly effective at doing is getting in new leadership.

Catch2.2 (122 posts)
22. Agreed

Nancy Pelosi is very good at fundraising and getting votes, which is huge, but We need a new Leader, a new face of the party. The Dems have lost both the House and Senate, along with a majority of State Governors. That is reason enough there.

Star Member ehrnst (9,163 posts)
48. Her peers in the house make this decision. Why do you think they keep her as leader? (nt)

because they are idiots?

Star Member PoindexterOglethorpe (3,229 posts)
25. Yes, others are stopped from stepping up.

Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, and many others are simply blocking the way for anyone else. For pete's sake, Feinstein is 84 years old and is apparently planning to run for re-election next year. She's 84 years old. It really is time for her to step aside and allow someone younger to move into place.

So long as the aging leadership clings to power, yes, others are being stopped from stepping up. It's long past time for some of them to recognize that it is time for new people to move into place.

:rotf:

alp227 (29,866 posts)
9. Probably a reference to Pelosi's "deal" with Trump re the DREAMERs/DACA

Remember when apparent Bernie backers were shouting down Pelosi at that news conference?

Star Member lapucelle (3,051 posts)
58. Pelosi is probably the most successful leader of the House

on record.

She never lost on any bill that she brought to the floor as majority leader. As minority leader, she is extremely successful in getting her caucus to speak with one voice. Her leadership strategies in the House and with the press were masterful in saving the ACA from repeal.

I'm not aware of any of the "odd moments" you reference. And while it is every Democrat's job to work to elect Democratic candidates, it is not the speaker's / minority leader's specific responsibility. Nancy Pelosi is, however, one of the most effective fund raisers and campaign surrogates in our party. She is certainly doing her part to elect Democrats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/07/31/nancy-pelosis-fundraising-breaks-25-million-for-2017/?utm_term=.3310dcea8df4

Winning with Nancy is like Winning with Hillary...

JNelson6563 (27,377 posts)
10. Ah yes.

I've posted this before on this topic but here it is again...These calls for new leadership in the Dems remind me of ancient Greece, Athens to be exact. After they lost a war they voted to execute their generals. Yes, they killed their military leadership for instant gratification. Guess how things went for them when the next military crisis happened and they had no experienced leadership.

Short sighted fools.

:loser:

Catch2.2 (122 posts)
23. It is broke

Dems have lost both houses and a majority of state governors. With Trump in office, the Dems should sweep back congress, unfortunately they will be lucky to take back one. That is unacceptable, the worst president in history and MAYBE the Dems will take back either the Senate or House. Nancy Pelosi is great at fundraising and getting votes, but its time for the party to have a new face.

Don't worry. I alerted on this defeatist.

StevieM (6,481 posts)
82. I think it is time for gerrymandering to go. (eom)

:???:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Delmar

Re: time' for Nancy Pelosi and her leadership team to go
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 12:57:40 AM »
Response to AtheistCrusader (Reply #3)Thu Oct 5, 2017, 11:38 PM
Star Member PoindexterOglethorpe (3,230 posts)
25. Yes, others are stopped from stepping up.

Nancy Pelosi, Diane Feinstein, and many others are simply blocking the way for anyone else. For pete's sake, Feinstein is 84 years old and is apparently planning to run for re-election next year. She's 84 years old. It really is time for her to step aside and allow someone younger to move into place.

So long as the aging leadership clings to power, yes, others are being stopped from stepping up. It's long past time for some of them to recognize that it is time for new people to move into place.

Do you know who else is 84 years old?  Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  And it really is time for her to step aside and allow someone younger to move into place too.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 06:54:01 AM »
The Ds probably should have replaced Pelosi at the start of the 2013 or 2015 terms, but it takes more than smarts to overcome political inertia. But for the truth in PoindexterOglethorpe's post the response is that Pelosi's leadership has also kept younger members from developing bases from which they could sporing into leadership. And as the vacuum left by Dingy Harry has shown, who on the D side is prepped to step into his Oxfords or DiFei's pumps?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Undies

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 07:59:01 AM »
StevieM (6,481 posts)

May I submit a list of more democrat political inventions, as gerrymandering is, that has reached their time to go? 

(Gerrymandering was absolutely infallible and The Great Equalizer until it stopped working in democrats' favor.)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 08:27:05 AM »
Gerrymandering was.....The Great Equalizer until it stopped working in democrats' favor.

That's the truth, and for about 200 years Democrats, liberals, and primitives used it to their advantage.

It's only been in this century that they've bitched about it.  I wonder why.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »
StevieM (6,481 posts)

:rotf: Five letters:

N

A

A

C

P

No gerrymandering, no set-aside safe districts for minorities.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 01:44:46 PM »
alp227 (29,866 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/10141882571

House Democrat Sanchez: 'I think it's time' for Nancy Pelosi and her leadership team to go'

Yeah, give her a bottle of geritol and a swift boot in the ass to speed her out the door. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!