Author Topic: You, my fellow DU'er, have probably broken the law - and will be punished for it  (Read 1643 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3015050

The Straight Story  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-15-08 07:42 PM
Original message
You, my fellow DU'er, have probably broken the law - and will be punished for it (maybe)

Advertisements [?]
Today I drove my wife to a drug store for a few items. I don't have a license anymore (will soon) because I rolled through a stop sign and had an expired out of state license. As noted in an earlier post I feel I was at fault and will pay for it.

As we pulled out of the store I needed to be in the left lane pretty quick, so I got over asap (pulled out of the parking lot, looked in my mirror, and got over). I did not put on my blinker. No need to really, as there was no one in sight and I had to get over quick.

According to the handbook, I broke the law. Had there been a cop around, I would have gotten (another) ticket and had to pay.

And here I sit, each day worrying over the little things I might do in traffic and having to pay for it - while bush and crew skate free as they kill people, lie to us, break laws left and right.

bush pardons his buddies, and the dems in congress won't even try to charge him with anything when they have plenty to nail him on.

We have cops out there everyday nailing people for simple things, driving around with a rule book in hand and charging you for every little thing you do wrong. And we cannot even get bush on one thing after all he has done???

I get the willies when I see a cop, even if I have done nothing wrong (and I say this as an ex-cop, nothing against police here). If I do anything wrong in their site I can get a ticket at the least.

And yet bush and crew can flaunt the law all day long.

You want me to obey the law? Then enforce it equally. Is that too much to ask?

Refresh | 0 Recommendations    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
Bush did not break any laws.

Selatius  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-15-08 07:47 PM
Response to Original message
1. Yeah, it's too much to ask. (Speaking facetiously)

The legislative branch, if we reference the Constitution, is not forced or obligated to punish the executive if the executive branch does something wrong, however heinous it may be like war crimes. It's purely at the discretion of Congress. The political nature of the impeachment procedure established in the Constitution virtually guarantees that there will be unequal enforcement.
   Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Tandalayo_Scheisskopf  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-15-08 07:49 PM
3. We don't have a Justice System anymore.

We have a revenge system, a revenue collection system and a special system for the wealthy and those in law enforcement, where charges and penalties are completely different from those for the lumpen. We also have a "bread and circuses" system. Not to mention a career-progress system, where prosecutors measure their success by the number of people they put in jail or in the execution chamber.

But justice? Has nothing at all to do with anything. Any justice that comes from this collection of systems is purely coincidental.

The Straight Story  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-15-08 08:07 PM
Response to Reply #6
7. Indeed, but

The role of our elected officials is to enforce laws as well - to wit, impeach bush for his crimes.

when the people we elect and pay are not even willing to try to do so then one must wonder about it all.

They make excuses for not doing their job, and they want to be rewarded with re-election - or they want us to elect them to higher office.

These are the people that MAKE the laws, and then spend money to ensure those laws are enforced. And yet they give a pass to people like bush and the other people affected by their laws they don't.

Seems a tad unfair is all.

higher class  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Mar-15-08 08:15 PM
17. I think about this all the time. All the burden is on us - taxes and obeying laws.

Edited on Sat Mar-15-08 08:18 PM by higher class
Where are their taxes - legislated away or they evaporated because they organized their company in the Grand Caymany or some other P O Box in some small country and the individuals washed their profits in gimmicks, and it's also laundered using the talents of big buck accounting firms.

Yep, slavery in the name of the law that applies to the little people brought in on a platter of allegiance and patriotism with red, white, and blue streamers.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Lord Undies

I was reading this little DUmpcamp toilet earlier.  I came to me that the OP has no problem listing his own crimes, but leave the reader to "just understand" what crimes he/she assumes the Bush administration to be guilty of.  This is a disturbing pattern when it comes to these "crimes".  There is never any charges other than the charge crimes have been committed.  I wanna see a list.   

Also, it is quite amusing how the DUmpmonkeys are all of the sudden such sticklers about the "Rule of Law".  These are the same people who pick and choose what drug laws they will obey.  They applaud vandalism.  They swear by Ted Kennedy, a murderer.  They LOVE Barney Franks, THE fag of congress who ran a homosexual prostitution ring out of his basement.  They would throw their bodies in front of any vehicle which tried to remove a handcuffed William Jefferson (D-La) from office - a man who was caught with $90,000 in his FREEZER.  They still, to this day, defend President Bill Clinton's perjury and obstruction of justice crimes.

What I am getting at, DUmmies, is drop the act!  You do not give a sh*t about "the rule of law".  You just want to see our Republican president disgraced.  You need it!  It burns!  Unless President Bush is brought down, you all have to live with the fact the Bill Clinton REALLY is the sorriest SOB who ever sit in the Oval Office.

And since Bill Clinton is the only democrat president since Jimmy Carter, and Oh!  Jimmy Carter!, you have a real problem.  History's rearview mirror never gets facts and fantasy confused in the real world.     

Offline DumbAss Tanker

The guilty flee when no man pursueth.  Live your life in fear, DUmmie.  We don't.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Today I drove my wife to a drug store for a few items. I don't have a license anymore (will soon) because I rolled through a stop sign and had an expired out of state license. As noted in an earlier post I feel I was at fault and will pay for it.

No DUmmy...driving without a license and possibly by default no insurance (most policies have a clause about not covering an illegal driver) makes you irresponsible and a potential parasite on society.

Cry about someone else all day long if it makes you feel good but it does`nt change for a second that you are still a worthless pos in the world.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
We all await the list of laws broken by President Bush.

And wait

And wait

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
We all await the list of laws broken by President Bush.

And wait

And wait

The cows will come home, Hell will freeze over, and a butterfly flitting its wing once every million years against the Rock of Gibraltar, will have eroded that rock away, before the primitives get around to telling us.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:23:14 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from: The Straight Story
According to the handbook, I broke the law. Had there been a cop around, I would have gotten (another) ticket and had to pay.

For you, anything short of on-the-spot summary execution would have been a miscarriage of justice.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.