Author Topic: "Karen" with a gun!  (Read 482 times)

Offline Mary Ann

"Karen" with a gun!
« on: July 02, 2020, 05:11:01 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213687131

Trumpocalypse (4,670 posts)

"Karen" with a gun!

Link to tweet
Another Michigan story. This white woman bumped into a 15-year old Black girl outside a restaurant. Big deal. No one fell to the pavement. No one needed medical attention. No one called an ambulance. BUT--the white woman had the audacity to not immediately apologize. It escalated to a screaming match. Then Black Mama followed the woman to her car, DEMANDING an apology. Blocked the white woman from getting into her car. One thing led to another, and, because it's Michigan, white woman pulled a gun. There are two videos. The shorter--and most often seen on social media--makes it look like the white woman just went nuts and threatened a couple of poor innocent victims just because they are (wait for it) . . . BLACK! The longer one puts it in a bit more context, in which you can see that this whole bunch of people is acting like a bunch of morons. Anyway, the DU thread is funny. There is a very lengthy discussion of the whole "Karen" thing, and it takes til Response #32 for someone to say the longer video gives a different perspective. BUT, OF COURSE IT DOESN'T!!!! We must stick to the narrative: Black people are always the victims!

Offline Delmar

Re: "Karen" with a gun!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 08:53:57 PM »
Besides the lengthy discussion of the Karen thing, they got sidetracked on whether butthurt is homophobic.

Response to Mosby (Reply #26)Thu Jul 2, 2020, 10:58 AM
SiliconValley_Dem (789 posts)
27. awwww. i am a middle aged white guy and laughing at the butt hurt

of people here or anywhere who object to Karen being used in this way.
Response to SiliconValley_Dem (Reply #27)Thu Jul 2, 2020, 03:58 PM
Star Member Mosby (11,267 posts)
36. "Butthurt" is homophobic, so clearly you don't get it.
Response to Mosby (Reply #36)Thu Jul 2, 2020, 04:00 PM
SiliconValley_Dem (789 posts)
39. no its not. plenty of women get butt hurt too edited to add--

from online dictionaries about origin:

Where did the term Butthurt come from?
The term “butthurt” originates from spanking, the act of striking the buttocks of another person, which is often seen as a method of punishing a child.
Response to SiliconValley_Dem (Reply #39)Thu Jul 2, 2020, 04:26 PM
Star Member Mosby (11,267 posts)
47. It's a slang term with unclear origins.

Butthurt--unclear origins, shrouded in mystery, secret dog whistle code words of the homophobes.  They have lost their minds.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden