Author Topic: Evangelicals need to stop being wimps  (Read 12779 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Evangelicals need to stop being wimps
« on: March 13, 2017, 09:52:27 PM »
Evangelicals need to stop being wimps
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/03/12/evangelicals-need-to-stop-being-wimps.html

In July 2012 I was speaking at a youth retreat in the mountains of Tennessee when I received a call from CNN.  It seemed that Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy had publicly commented on the issue of same-sex marriage and now the gay mafia were out to destroy him and his restaurant chain.  Would I, asked CNN, be willing to offer the orthodox Christian perspective on homosexuality and defend Chick-fil-A in this controversy?  After reviewing Cathy’s remarks and concluding that they were neither outrageous nor biblically incorrect, I agreed to the interview and, later that day I defended the Christian position on the network as vigorously as possible in the time that I had.

Shortly thereafter, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee called for Christians to mobilize and show their support for the embattled fast food restaurant with “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.”  They did.  Lines at the restaurant stretched for blocks.  This event marked the first time I could remember Christians fighting back rather than meekly submitting to the media and special interest bullies.

Larry Alex Taunton nails it right on the head.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du