Author Topic: IPHONE  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
IPHONE
« on: November 01, 2012, 08:55:30 AM »
Hey!

Ok, I have an Iphone 3gs and my mom just got an iphone 4 through her phone company for free.  So it's way to much for her and I was wanting to know if I can take a sim card out of my iphone and put in hers?  will the phone work for me?  I was wanting to basically give her my 3gs and I get her 4.  Anyone know?

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: IPHONE
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 09:16:38 AM »
Are they through the same service? I would call the cell company and ask them. It can be done, but sometimes the cell company restricts it. You will have to switch things (like serial numbers and such - At least you used to have to do that) to get it to work properly, also.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 09:28:57 AM »
Are they through the same service? I would call the cell company and ask them. It can be done, but sometimes the cell company restricts it. You will have to switch things (like serial numbers and such - At least you used to have to do that) to get it to work properly, also.

how do you do all of that?  I think we are both through at&t

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »
I don't think iPhone 4 has a SIM card. At least I don't see one in mine.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »
how do you do all of that?  I think we are both through at&t

Call AT&T and they will walk you through it. They will have to switch the phones to each account. :)

I don't think iPhone 4 has a SIM card. At least I don't see one in mine.

Yep, that is why I mentioned calling the carrier.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 10:00:48 AM »
Call AT&T and they will walk you through it. They will have to switch the phones to each account. :)

Ok, so they shouldn't have a problem considering I have a separate att account than her?  we aren't on the same plan.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »
Ok, so they shouldn't have a problem considering I have a separate att account than her?  we aren't on the same plan.

Yep, you shouldn't have to be on the same plan, unless they changed it. All they have to do is just switch the phones mac addressed. :)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »
THANK YOU dawling! :-*

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 02:45:02 AM »
THANK YOU dawling! :-*

Not sure if it's already been addressed but IRRC the sim cards are a different size between the 3G S and the 4.  If the cell phone places are like the ones here they have a little device that can antomatically cut your simcard down to size.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 07:49:38 AM »
Thanks!  I ended up sending her phone back as I have an upgrade coming in Feb