Author Topic: Clearing cookies  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Clearing cookies
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »
I got kicked off of DU yesterday. Apparently, implying that Sarah Palin is NOT the spawn of Satan is a bannable offense.

I tried to register again with a new e-mail address, but I couldn't log on. Of all the possible reasons it gave, the cookies reason seemed the most plausible. It told me what to do, so I went in and looked for a DU cookie, deleted it, and tried again. Again I couldn't log on. I checked for cookies again, and there were twenty or more. I deleted all of them, and tried to log on again. STILL, I couldn't get in! When I checked the cookies again, it seemed like there were even more of them.

So, does anyone know what's going on? How can I get rid of them all? Is it possible that deleting them causes even more to spring up?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Clearing cookies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »
I got kicked off of DU yesterday. Apparently, implying that Sarah Palin is NOT the spawn of Satan is a bannable offense.

I tried to register again with a new e-mail address, but I couldn't log on. Of all the possible reasons it gave, the cookies reason seemed the most plausible. It told me what to do, so I went in and looked for a DU cookie, deleted it, and tried again. Again I couldn't log on. I checked for cookies again, and there were twenty or more. I deleted all of them, and tried to log on again. STILL, I couldn't get in! When I checked the cookies again, it seemed like there were even more of them.

So, does anyone know what's going on? How can I get rid of them all? Is it possible that deleting them causes even more to spring up?

They note your IP address.  Even with DHCP they will be suspicious of anyone who registers from your domain (the 1st 3 octets of your IP address).

Try it at work this coming week.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.