Author Topic: Allentown primitive remembers Republicans  (Read 678 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Allentown primitive remembers Republicans
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:06:41 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8150287

I selected this for sentimental reasons; I once lived in Allentown, Pennsylvania, in one of those rowhouses just west of downtown; the landlord was a Greek who didn't know English.  His wife used to send over all of these Greek pastries.

AllentownJake  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-29-09 07:20 AM
Original message

Something to Remember about Republicans

The republican party represents people that still believe that the earth is 6000 years old and that Sarah Palin would be a great President. It represents people who are too simple minded to be able to reconcile their faith with an idea that their can be a metaphor in the Bible. There is also alot of racism there. Ignorance and blind faith is a dangerous combination

It also represents and is funded by big business. The people who through W ripped this nation off to begin with.

So with that combination its rather easy to understand why the idea that cutting taxes for the rich an idea that has been proven to be a failure is still one of their major talking points. Its an idealogy created by their corporate masters that has been sold to a simple sheep like people against their own interest.

Oh my.  So that's what we are.  I didn't know.

sofa king  (1000+ posts)        Thu Jan-29-09 07:59 AM
Response to Original message

1. I'd say cutting taxes for the rich is their ONLY real issue.

If you include taxes as a subset of "exploiting government to get selected private sector individuals filthy rich," then everything else they support is only in there to pave the way to that objective. Everything else they support is specifically designed:

* To stoke the fires of hatred and/or patriotism among their ignorant followers;

* To confuse their ignorant followers so that they cannot make an informed decision and therefore default to the authority figures they trust (Republicans);

* To confound those who oppose them by forcing them to express outrage and to repair damage to institutions rather than moving forward;

* To make it easier for Republicans to skirt the law, avoid recriminations, and dole out favors to their benefactors.

Everything the Bush Administration did for eight years falls under one of those four categories or the fifth: getting their benefactors filthy rich-er-est. That's all they really have, and for the longest time, that's all they really needed.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Allentown primitive remembers Republicans
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:36:16 AM »
Has that dipshit ever even met a conservative? Or does he base his opinion on smears and observations made at the DUmp?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:51:26 AM »
I sense a lot of projection here. And since when were there Republicans in PA?
Caught somewhere in time

Online jukin

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:13:28 AM »
The republican rants are pretty much great Rorschach tests for DUchebags.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 10:23:17 PM »
That sounds a lot like leftists to me

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
One who is pointing out the ignorance of others ought to be more careful of one's own grammar so that one doesn't sound like a stupid, drooling moonbat. Isn't there some silly Bible platitude about pulling the stick out of your own eye before pointing out the splinter in someone else?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 07:37:12 AM »
I sense a lot of projection here. And since when were there Republicans in PA?

Middle PA is full of'em.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site