Author Topic: poll: What's gonna be the Pretender's first big setback?  (Read 1533 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
poll: What's gonna be the Pretender's first big setback?
« on: December 11, 2020, 06:07:43 PM »
As we all know, cheaters never prosper, and in addition to that, the Pretender is starting off with a narrowly-divided Congress, probably not enough of a margin to avoid some uh, significant defeats.

Banish all fears of the Pretender carrying out his promises; he's going to stumble and bumble.

This also applies to the airhead Vice Pretender, if for some reason she ends up on top.

Sit back, relax, get mellow, and watch as the Pretender tries to enforce the mask mandate.

Or the firearm confiscation.

It's gonna be quite a show.  Enjoy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: poll: What's gonna be the Pretender's first big setback?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 08:55:43 PM »
I think it all depends on whether the rats can steal Georgia.

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 12:26:16 PM »
I think it all depends on whether the rats can steal Georgia.

They will: from yesterday's Supreme Court decision (7-2) apparently nobody can sue about Fraud in an election.

"...when it comes to the citizen’s right to make sure his or her vote counts and is not nullified by corrupt and dishonest practices, the courts have decided that it is imperative they restrain themselves from taking a position on the merits.

They have thoughtfully informed us of constraints on them that no-one knew existed.  The Friday ruling cites only a conclusion, but no reasoning.

If a state sues, is it not representing its citizens? Isn’t that, at the root, the only function of a state government? Are the citizens’ rights to an honest vote not affected if another state runs a bogus election and the first state’s votes become nullified?

Does a state not have standing to sue because the court anticipates it will not succeed on the merits? Why do courts ever bother to write legal opinions when they can save time and tell us the outcome they have in mind right away?

My untutored mind is having difficulty figuring out just who, and under what circumstances, has a legal right to a fair election.

It seems the current answer is: no-one."

See:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/12/12/supreme-court-refuses-to-consider-texas-election-lawsuit-based-on-original-jurisdiction/
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 02:38:55 PM »
I think Levin is correct, the SC does not have the courage to stand up to the Demonrats.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 08:25:44 PM »
if he can make it, he will issue an EO for amnesty. His setback will be when Kamala and them invoke the 25th.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 09:07:21 PM »
if he can make it, he will issue an EO for amnesty. His setback will be when Kamala and them invoke the 25th.

My "take" is that he'll try to do amnesty, but like everything else he's going to try to do, it's going to get legislatively or socially pressured or politically inconvenient blocked (Congress, public outcry, common sense).

No matter how the Senate ends up--the margin right now is 50 (R)s and 48 (D)s--while it may be difficult for Republicans to block anything, it'll be difficult for him to do anything.  Gridlock.  Deadlock.  And given the razor-thin margin in the House, it'll be difficult for him to do anything with their help too.

As an aside, I suspect that by April, perhaps two or three or four or five (but no more than that) (D) senators and (D) congressmen will switch parties, going either independent or (R).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 09:14:07 PM »

But given that such a large proportion of Americans refuse, and will refuse, to accept Pretender Joe's legitimacy as president, one expects he won't be able to shove through much of what he wants to shove through.  He will be checkmated, or ignored. 

I expect a lot of Republicans will start emulating our Democrat brethren, and begin cheating on our income taxes, hiding our property that the government wishes to take away, do our best to get on the welfare gravy train, and obeying only those laws we choose to obey.

They taught us how to do it, so we might as well.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 07:30:30 AM »
But given that such a large proportion of Americans refuse, and will refuse, to accept Pretender Joe's legitimacy as president, one expects he won't be able to shove through much of what he wants to shove through.  He will be checkmated, or ignored. 

I expect a lot of Republicans will start emulating our Democrat brethren, and begin cheating on our income taxes, hiding our property that the government wishes to take away, do our best to get on the welfare gravy train, and obeying only those laws we choose to obey.

They taught us how to do it, so we might as well.

It is interesting that a parallel occurred during the later Roman Empire, when the central government and its armies began fighting internally instead of protecting the empire from barbarians. 

Taxes went up supposedly to defend the Roman citizens better, but things were not defended, the tax money was obviously being used to enrich those entrenched in power, and so more an dmore areas began to "shrug" and refuse to pay taxes or obey the increasingly onerous laws being promulgated.  Barbarians might blaze through and loot you once, but the Roman government came to loot you several times a year!

And so things disintegrated slowly, evolving into the decentralized, locally governed society of the Middle Ages.  It would take a "central government" over 1000 years to re-appear in Western Europe, and even then only with great difficulty and mixed success.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 06:23:14 AM »
I think he will rule like obama with a pen & phone. For example obama's DACA program is unconstitutional but still here. The dems do what they want and get away with it because the republicans let them and they have the media on their side as well as big tech with big $$$$$.

harris is another hitler in heels and she will act like queen. I think we are in for a rough 4 years and if they stole this election the next one will be worse.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 07:57:49 AM »
I think he will rule like obama with a pen & phone. For example obama's DACA program is unconstitutional but still here. The dems do what they want and get away with it because the republicans let them and they have the media on their side as well as big tech with big $$$$$.

harris is another hitler in heels and she will act like queen. I think we are in for a rough 4 years and if they stole this election the next one will be worse.

I won't be around to see it, but I anticipate that the next few years are going to be interesting, and the best way to survive them is simply by sitting back and watching.

Despite all their big bombastic talk, Biden and Harris are sure to be stymied by societal pressures, Republicans, foreign events, disagreements with their handlers, and most of all because a significant portion of the American populace do not see the Pretender-in-chief and the Pretender-in-waiting as legitimately elected, and therefore not entitled to be "followed" or "obeyed."

Two people with the power to do.....nothing.  They're going to get some things, but none of the big things, or the things they really want.  Too bad.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 12:42:46 PM »
I won't be around to see it, but I anticipate that the next few years are going to be interesting, and the best way to survive them is simply by sitting back and watching.

Has someone shown you your expiration date? I hope not!

I know I have had to step away from it all as it just disgusts me. The lefties are turning out country into a cesspool and they don't care about the damage they are doing in the mean time.

The rich are getting fatter and the middle and lower classes are being squeezed out of society. Our votes and voices have been taken from us.
Unless we have another revolution it will just continue to get worse.

The libs have permeated our society from the ground up, in the school system, government workers, unions and elected officials.
Cleansing the system is a long process if it can be done at all, lok at what happened to Trump when he tried to flush the toilet.

The politicians will continue to bankrupt the country till the place looks like somalia. they could care less as long as they have power and $$$.

I have a feeling that once Trump is out of office the republicans will be just as bad as the dems, and with the changes coming to the criminal justice system, floods of 3rd world immigrints looking to be on the dole the future is looking grim.

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 09:10:30 AM »
As we all know, cheaters never prosper, and in addition to that, the Pretender is starting off with a narrowly-divided Congress, probably not enough of a margin to avoid some uh, significant defeats.

Banish all fears of the Pretender carrying out his promises; he's going to stumble and bumble.

This also applies to the airhead Vice Pretender, if for some reason she ends up on top.

Sit back, relax, get mellow, and watch as the Pretender tries to enforce the mask mandate.

Or the firearm confiscation.

It's gonna be quite a show.  Enjoy.

I think kneeling is usually her position.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 10:16:37 AM »
What to do about Antifa and BLM.  They're not going quietly into the night.   They don't like Joe's cabinet picks and, at his worst, he's not gonna live up to their revolutionary policy demands.  He can try to jawbone Big Business and Soros into cutting off their money chain or have a "Night of the Long Knives Lite".   Or???
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 10:58:49 AM »
I'll answer the poll on day-1, if there is a day-1.

As for how Dems do things, I'll quote Rex Tillerson:  " If everything is a priority, nothing is a priority. "

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 04:23:32 PM »
What to do about Antifa and BLM.  They're not going quietly into the night.   They don't like Joe's cabinet picks and, at his worst, he's not gonna live up to their revolutionary policy demands.  He can try to jawbone Big Business and Soros into cutting off their money chain or have a "Night of the Long Knives Lite".   Or???

Why would he want to do anything to them? they are the dems jackbooted thugs that will suppress any dissent or conservative demonstrations.

The governors, mayors and prosecutors of the places they are running wild and destroying seem fine with them. The left likes chaos, it gives them unlimited power , like with all the restrictions on people because of this covid thing.