Author Topic: Liz Cheney drops bombshell during hearing -- and suggests Trump 'was personally  (Read 400 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member UCmeNdc (8,764 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215965442

Liz Cheney drops bombshell during hearing -- and suggests Trump 'was personally involved in the planning of January 6th'

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) on Tuesday issued a scathing assessment of former President Donald Trump and ally Steve Bannon's decision to stonewall the House Select Committee investigating the January 6th attacks on the United States Capitol.

After dismantling Bannon's claims that he is protected by executive privilege from testifying before the committee, Cheney speculated that Trump and Bannon have very personal reasons for not wanting any testimony to go forward.

"Mr. Bannon's and Mr. Trump's privilege arguments do appear to reveal one thing, however: they suggest that President Trump was personally involved in the planning and execution of January 6th," she said. "And we will get to the bottom of that."

Raw Story.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member OAITW r.2.0 (11,096 posts)

1. A Republican had to say this.

Thanks Liz.

:whatever:

Star Member lindysalsagal (15,912 posts)

5. Ok. I'm starting to like this woman.

Much as I hate to admit it.

sop (5,464 posts)

7. The Bush/Cheney wing of the Republican party is making sure Trump can't run in '24.

Star Member Irish_Dem (17,527 posts)

11. She is positioning herself for a run in '24? With this kind of talk, she will get wide support?

From Dems too?

::)

kentuck (103,516 posts)

20. It has to be put in perspective....

...at this critical time in our history. We should not look at any of the Committee members, in my opinion, from a political viewpoint. They are there to try and save our democracy and to try and find out what happened on January 6th. We saw what we saw with our own eyes, but there are deeper parts of the story that must be understood, so that it never happens again. We should all want to protect our Constitution.

:whatever:

Bernardo de La Paz (38,416 posts)

8. CLICKBAIT "bombshell" is not a bombshell. It's only her opinion & she is only expressing it

No, I did not click the aggregator clickbait link. rawstory is not a news source. It is an aggregator. Click through on to the real source and link that. It would almost always be more respectable than rawstory.
By the way, use the excerpt button when copy-pasting excerpts. You know about it because you clicked the bolding button near it.

But in any case, this item is not a bombshell.

A true bombshell would have pertinent FACTS. Liz Cheney stated her own opinion; her opinion has some but little pertinence.

"Feds Raid Deripaska Mansion", now that's a bombshell.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

"Mr. Bannon's and Mr. Trump's privilege arguments do appear to reveal one thing, however: they suggest that President Trump was personally involved in the planning and execution of January 6th,"

I'm not a lawyer but I don't think you can get a conviction by saying that something "suggests" the accused has done something.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

sour grapes. She's losing her cushy seat and she knows it.
Liz was just tossing a bone to the rabble, and DU laps it up.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
The military-industrial complex is alive and well and Liz Cheney is their whore.  She never met a war she didn't like.  Donald Trump said "Peace through strength." the difference is he meant it.  That's why she hates him.
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline SVPete

Biden's FBI contradicted her, weeks before her spewing. Trump's own words, on 1/6, disprove her claim. But her pathetic TRUMP Hatred blinds her to facts she doesn't like ... kinda like DUpipo ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I'm not a lawyer but I don't think you can get a conviction by saying that something "suggests" the accused has done something.
Imputing guilt based on someone not providing a statement is called a "negative inference" and it violates every tenet of due process and the burden of proof.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Not a bombshell but just another RINO turd.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DUmpDiver

sop (5,464 posts)

7. The Bush/Cheney wing of the Republican party is making sure Trump can't run in '24.

No. Liz is making sure that she gets primaried next year.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Not a bombshell but just another RINO turd.
Just like her father.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline freedumb2003b

It has to be "implied" to be legal (/DUmmie mode)
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
It has to be "implied" to be legal (/DUmmie mode)

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus