Author Topic: Z-Street Wins Ruling Against IRS – Targeted By Obama IRS Because It’s Pro-Israel  (Read 938 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Z-Street Wins Ruling Against IRS – Was Targeted By Obama IRS Because It’s Pro-Israel

Interest in the Internal Revenue Service’s outrageous practice of subjecting politically conservative groups to discriminatory treatment has died down a bit since the revelations about this scandal first hit the news a year ago. But a court decision that was handed down earlier this week about a similar instance of potential government misconduct may shed more light on the way the Tea Party and other right-wing organizations were given the business by Lois Lerner and the rest of what appears to be a highly politicized bureaucracy at the heart of our tax collection system.

On Tuesday, Federal Judge Ketanje Brown Jackson issued the first substantive ruling in any suit that challenged the IRS’s pose of political neutrality under the Obama administration. The case concerns Z Street, a Philadelphia area-based pro-Israel organization that filed for tax-exempt status in December 2009 because of its role in educating the public about Israel and the Middle East conflict. The group’s founder Lori Lowenthal Marcus wrote in the Jewish Press this week about what followed:

On July 19, 2010, when counsel for Z STREET spoke with the IRS agent to whom the organization’s application had been assigned, that agent said that a determination on Z STREET’s application may be further delayed because the IRS gave “special scrutiny” to organizations connected to Israel and especially to those whose views “contradict those of the administration’s.”

Z Street subsequently sued the government and rightly argued that its constitutional rights had been violated because of the “viewpoint discrimination” that the IRS agent had openly displayed. Now after years of delays, Judge Jackson has ruled that by asserting that Z Street had no right to sue, the government had tried to “transform a lawsuit that clearly challenges the constitutionality of the process … into a dispute over tax liability.” She similarly dismissed the government’s claims of sovereign immunity.
Commentary / Gateway Pundit

Move along, nothing to see here.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
The fact that they just won this suit should be used by the TP as evidence in their suit against the IRS, and/or impeachment hearings for 0.

The fact that most Americans just shrug and ho-hum go about their business when the government is abusing citizens for using 1st Amendment rights makes me weep for my country.

Offline Dori

the IRS gave “special scrutiny” to organizations connected to Israel and especially to those whose views “contradict those of the administration’s.”

It's so obvious to me that there is a huge Muslim influence in this Administration, and not just because of this one issue with Israel.

If we go back to '09, there are so many areas where it's obvious that Obama and Co are being influenced by them. 

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline thundley4

It's so obvious to me that there is a huge Muslim influence in this Administration, and not just because of this one issue with Israel.

If we go back to '09, there are so many areas where it's obvious that Obama and Co are being influenced by them.

The left have hated Israel, long before the Muslims turned to world wide terrorism.

Offline Dori

The left have hated Israel, long before the Muslims turned to world wide terrorism.

I know.  But it seems like the war on Christianity, Obama's support of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, this recent release of Gitmo prisoners just has the smell of them influencing his policies.

McInerney said Gates was doing the nation a service by exposing decision-making in the Oval Office but said he should have done it sooner. He also noted that the Muslim Brotherhood influences have been causing major problems throughout the Middle East.

Then he added, “We’ve got Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S. government today.”

Asked by the talk-show hosts for their names, he said, “I haven’t got their names exactly but there’s a list of them, at least 10 or 15 of them in the U.S. government.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/general-muslim-brotherhood-inside-obama-administration/#pBAgZy0VWjsYTP9C.99
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler