Author Topic: YouTube yanks Romney web video over Al Green song  (Read 538 times)

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
YouTube yanks Romney web video over Al Green song
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »
YouTube yanks Romney web video over Al Green song

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/16/youtube-yanks-romney-web-ad-over-al-green-song/#ixzz20sW8ng6t

This is fun stuff...

Perhaps ironically, BMG and Crown/Random House (which published both of Obama’s books, his campaign plan, and Michelle Obama’s new book) are — despite Obama’s concerns about “outsourcing” — all owned by German conglomerate Bertlesmann AG, which bills itself as “the world’s most international media company.”

So it is interesting that the company that pulled down Romney’s web
ad shares a German parent company with Obama’s publisher.

According to their Wikipedia entry, “During World War II, Bertelsmann was the biggest single producer of Nazi propaganda.” The BBC reports that “German media giant Bertelsmann has admitted it lied about its Nazi past and that it made big profits during Adolf Hitler’s reign in Germany using Jewish slave labour.”

Can you imagine the uproar from the left if Romney had had any connect with a producer of Nazi propaganda?
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Kyle Ricky

Re: YouTube yanks Romney web video over Al Green song
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
The left would be going for Romney's head if that was him. The left are such hypocrites.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:49:00 AM »
I wonder if this was the add that Romney had a clip of Obama singing the song.  It seems to me that it would be allowed under fair use laws.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »
I went to youtube and saw someone else put the ad up, wonder how long until it gets pulled
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 11:35:00 AM »
Even above all this, I can still say that youtube is not a one sided company. They probably got a complaint from the publisher. The happens a lot during campaigns, especially when the candidate doesn't get the permission from the artist. I remember when Fleetwood Mac ordered Clinton to stop playing their song 'Don't stop' during his campaign.