Author Topic: YOUTUBE PULLS PLUG ON CHRISTIAN VIDEOS  (Read 1213 times)

Offline CG6468

YOUTUBE PULLS PLUG ON CHRISTIAN VIDEOS
« on: May 03, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
YOUTUBE PULLS PLUG ON CHRISTIAN VIDEOS
Years of work, hundreds of projects vanish
Published: 2 days ago

By Michael Thompson

WASHINGTON – The author of a soon-to-be-released book on Christian apologetics, “The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending the Christian Faith,” is questioning the motives behind the termination of the immensely popular PPSimmons Ministry account on YouTube.

Where once one of the more popular God and more popular God and Country YouTube Channels – with more than 23,000 subscribers, 530-plus videos and 21 million views – could be accessed, now a barren page is found, save for a message. The message reads: “This account has been terminated due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines and/or claims of copyright infringement.”

For Pastor Carl Gallups, one of the people behind the popular PPSimmons YouTube Ministry, seeing a channel disabled he has worked tirelessly to build and promote since 2009 was devastating.

“It was as if you have a thriving business and you came to work one day and the building was burnt down and everything you had created was gone. Instantly,” he told WND.

Gallups, whose “The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending the Christian Faith,” will be released May 15, was one of the original founders of the PPSimmons Ministry on YouTube.

Through his involvement with producing and recording more than 530 videos, Gallups was once named “Worst People in the World” by Keith Olbermann on his now-defunct MSNBC show. Videos from the PPSimmons YouTube channel were featured on CNN, “The Rachel Maddow Show” and Fox News.

The PPSimmons site was known for producing videos on biblical commentary, startling biblical revelations and, perhaps most controversially, political revelations concerning Barack Obama and his birth certificate.

Liberalism at its finest
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: YOUTUBE PULLS PLUG ON CHRISTIAN VIDEOS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »
Somehow this will be transformed into a conservative war on women.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »
Somehow this will be transformed into a conservative war on women.

More like a conservative war on Christianity. There has to be a reason they pulled it, they don't just pull videos for no reason. I am wondering if copyright issues were part of it?

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 03:02:07 AM »
More like a conservative war on Christianity. There has to be a reason they pulled it, they don't just pull videos for no reason. I am wondering if copyright issues were part of it?

If they produced all their own material for the youtube account then nothing would be amiss there. However, some videos are pulled because they use copyrighted background music without permission (a mistake that is made frequently, and rarely with malicious intent). This is a common reason for pulling the videos, and enough strikes gets the account terminated. This is just speculation on my part of course.

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM »
And btw, I think our current copyright laws are ridiculous. 25 years should be the max time limit then it hits public domain.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 08:23:29 AM »
If they produced all their own material for the youtube account then nothing would be amiss there. However, some videos are pulled because they use copyrighted background music without permission (a mistake that is made frequently, and rarely with malicious intent). This is a common reason for pulling the videos, and enough strikes gets the account terminated. This is just speculation on my part of course.

Yeah, that sounds about right. You see that a lot on youtube. They need to let people know the rules. Maybe put it in a language people can understand.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:44 AM »
This is why things such as Conservopedia, Fox News, and other such things are created. Liberals don't want opposing viewpoints heard. Then, they turn around and bitch when those things become successful.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »
This is why things such as Conservopedia, Fox News, and other such things are created. Liberals don't want opposing viewpoints heard. Then, they turn around and bitch when those things become successful.

Liberals do have that my way or the highway mentality.

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 08:25:48 AM »
I'm curious, is the claim that YouTube is a liberal organization that unfairly targeted PPSimmons?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »
I'm curious, is the claim that YouTube is a liberal organization that unfairly targeted PPSimmons?

Might wanna introduce yourself over in the appropriate thread before you engage in too much conversation. It's the polite thing to do.  ;)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »

No, that is not saying it at all. I don't think Youtube is liberal in the slightest.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 11:53:49 AM »
Might wanna introduce yourself over in the appropriate thread before you engage in too much conversation. It's the polite thing to do.  ;)
I gotta go with Eupher on this !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.