Author Topic: I'm Changing My Party Affilliation to Democrat  (Read 2290 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
I'm Changing My Party Affilliation to Democrat
« on: November 09, 2008, 11:54:50 AM »
I want to punish the GOP and make them dems start moving rightward.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jendf

Re: I'm Changing My Party Affilliation to Democrat
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »
I could never register as Democrat but I have given serious thought to registering as an Independent.

The only kicker with that is I wouldn't be able to vote in primaries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »
I want to punish the GOP and make them dems start moving rightward.

There may be more to that than flippancy.  I need to think about it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 12:59:16 PM »
If you go, don't go alone. Take some conservatives with you, and IMEDIATELY organize to fight primary battles with YOUR candidate from the (D) right. Takes a LOT of ground pounding to work, but remember in the 1960's in Southern States, the Democrat PRIMARY was the election, the Rep. was a guaranteed loser every time....until a few (D) govenors changed to rep..

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
About as much sense as filling a water bowl up by turning the hose skywards. Not a chance in hell of that ever happening. The entire political spectrum has shifted left. Might be a better idea, if you're a Republican, of trying to get that party back to the fiscal right. As for me, we don't have party registration in Georgia. If we did, I'd be a registered independent. I'm not beholden to any party. I am, however, beholden to my conservative principles. Conservative principles never change. Parties do.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 01:12:17 PM »
If you go, don't go alone. Take some conservatives with you, and IMEDIATELY organize to fight primary battles with YOUR candidate from the (D) right. Takes a LOT of ground pounding to work, but remember in the 1960's in Southern States, the Democrat PRIMARY was the election, the Rep. was a guaranteed loser every time....until a few (D) govenors changed to rep..
Exactly.

Let's face facts: we're American-in-exile. We can't fight an open political war with them, we have to go underground, blend in and take the fight to them on their streets.

Let's also consider: It was mere days between Kerry's loss in 2004 and the appointment of Howard Dean as chief of the dems. We all know it was McCain and his ilk that lost us this election and yet we don't hear so much as a peep about replacing the RINO, country club blue bloods that lost us this election.

The GOP does not deserve our continued support. Let them watch their roles plummet and beg for us to come back. It's also better than scattering to a thousand independent parties creating a de facto parliamentarisn system at best or  diluting ourselves to final impotence at worse.

BUT dot-dot-dot

If we drag the dems to the right the worst election defeat we could have would be a McCain-esque blue dog democrat.

We also need to give the blue dogs already there a bigger voice. So far they are our best hope for keeping Barry in check.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jendf

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 01:17:08 PM »
Exactly.

Let's face facts: we're American-in-exile. We can't fight an open political war with them, we have to go underground, blend in and take the fight to them on their streets.

Let's also consider: It was mere days between Kerry's loss in 2004 and the appointment of Howard Dean as chief of the dems. We all know it was McCain and his ilk that lost us this election and yet we don't hear so much as a peep about replacing the RINO, country club blue bloods that lost us this election.

The GOP does not deserve our continued support. Let them watch their roles plummet and beg for us to come back. It's also better than scattering to a thousand independent parties creating a de facto parliamentarisn system at best or  diluting ourselves to final impotence at worse.

BUT dot-dot-dot

If we drag the dems to the right the worst election defeat we could have would be a McCain-esque blue dog democrat.

We also need to give the blue dogs already there a bigger voice. So far they are our best hope for keeping Barry in check.

I like how you are thinking. But I would die a little inside if I registered as a Dem. I'm going to have to consider this more.

Good stuff to ponder though...thanks.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 02:09:03 PM »
We need to take the damn GOP back.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
I like how you are thinking. But I would die a little inside if I registered as a Dem. I'm going to have to consider this more.

Good stuff to ponder though...thanks.

I died a lot last Wednesday. I have nothing left except white hot resolve.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 02:11:47 PM »
I died a lot last Wednesday. I have nothing left except white hot resolve.

I hear ya'.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »

I'm Changing My Party Affilliation to Democrat

I thought about that too, but then I threw up in my mouth a little.

No, I'm with Rebel... push the GOP to the right where they damn well SHOULD be instead of trying to make nice with the ones that would make our country look like Sweden at best

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
We need a solid conservative candidate not a lukewarm one.
McCain was that...no one wants to drink or shower in lukewarm water.

We need to be fiscally conservative first and foremost,no more trying to outspend the dems...if that policy is defeated then so be it I guess.

I don`t know who will step up to take the reins,Romney worries me....he was governor of Mass and if you are a true conservative they don`t let you do that.

I am looking for someone out of the blue,would love it if Sarah does but in all my life I have never seen someone demonized as horribly as her save perhaps for Robert Bork.
You can lay the venom that exists in politics today squarely on the shoulders of Joe Biden as he chaired that commitee and did nothing to stop the political assasination of a fine jurist.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
We need a solid conservative candidate not a lukewarm one.
McCain was that...no one wants to drink or shower in lukewarm water.

We need to be fiscally conservative first and foremost,no more trying to outspend the dems...if that policy is defeated then so be it I guess.

I don`t know who will step up to take the reins,Romney worries me....he was governor of Mass and if you are a true conservative they don`t let you do that.

I am looking for someone out of the blue,would love it if Sarah does but in all my life I have never seen someone demonized as horribly as her save perhaps for Robert Bork.
You can lay the venom that exists in politics today squarely on the shoulders of Joe Biden as he chaired that commitee and did nothing to stop the political assasination of a fine jurist.

I wanted Duncan Hunter to run for President.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 05:17:24 PM »

Screw the ****ing democrats...we need to kick out the spending dickwad republicans and elect and support conservatives.  Anyone who voted for the bailout is on my sh#t list.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 08:08:46 PM »
Y'all need to step back and think about MSB's post a bit. Look at what and WHY the GOP has become lame and impotent. One of the major contributing factors is that the GOP has been infiltrated by the Dems. Norm Coleman comes to mind. McCain, while he may want to call himself a Republican, isn't. We ALL know that!! So, in return, we invade the DEM party, get our people in position and start swinging it back to the right. It'll be a LOT of work, but we could use the faćade of the Democratic Party to do so. At least it makes sense in MY mind....
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 09:32:32 PM »

I agree completely with you. My ex's relative was into Republican politics big time. I went to many events and saw too many of those effete country club blue bloods and didn't particularly like them. I used to wonder how some of them would ever support themselves and make their way in the world if they didn't have those trust funds paying their way.

There are more down to earth conservatives than there are the bluebloods (but the Dems have those bluebloods, too). Somehow before the next congressional elections the Republicans had better start moving center/right and stop placating the Dems. That's how they really lost, by being too "compassionate"conservatives.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 10:39:06 PM »
SL Woman, you are correct, Mam'!