Author Topic: No one deserves to die in pain - Th1onein shows up  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
No one deserves to die in pain - Th1onein shows up
« on: July 13, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3610248

amitten  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-13-08 01:52 AM
Original message
No one deserves to die in pain.
That's all.

Kerry2008  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jul-13-08 01:56 AM
Response to Original message
1. Agreed. No matter WHO it is.

EbenezerMcIntosh (92 posts)      Sun Jul-13-08 01:59 AM
2. "Deserve" has got nuthin' to do with it.
 Quote from "Unforgiven." We all have it comin', kid.

Gman  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jul-13-08 02:00 AM
3. Colon cancer is one of the most excruciatingly painful ways to die 
 Edited on Sun Jul-13-08 02:04 AM by Gman
no one deserves that. You spend your last 6 months to 1 year on morphine. Once you start on morphine, they tell you you'll be on it the rest of your life. The pain gets worse, the doctor increases the prescription strength of the morphine. More pain, more morphine. Chemo, radiation then they tell you there's nothing more they can do. They tell you to go home and be as comfortable as you can be. More pain, more morphine, then you die.

Radio_Lady  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jul-13-08 02:41 AM
Response to Reply #3
8. A sad ending for any human being. My ex-husband had bladder and lung cancer. 
 He got the news on his birthday, March 23, 2006, and he died on December 1, 2006, our grandson's birthday. Solomon turned six years old the day his grandfather died.

We had many fights over our divorce, common property, custody issues, and child support. However, when he died, I was quite traumatized by the descriptions of a death from cancer.

I know little or nothing about Tony Snow's family, but whoever they are and whatever political views they hold -- our common nature gives us a chance to at least sympathize over this or any other death. 

alarimer  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jul-13-08 09:41 AM
Response to Reply #4
18. Yet Snow was among those Republicans who refuse the call for universal heath care.
 He had great health care, all the treatments that were possible for someone in his condition. We should save our pity for those uninsured millions who WILL die painfully because Republican assholes like Tony refuse to consider that health care is a basic human right.

amitten  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-13-08 01:57 PM
Response to Reply #18
21. I pity anyone who dies in such pain. I don't care who.
 And Tony was not a policy maker--his opinions never killed anyone.

Th1onein  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jul-13-08 03:06 PM
Response to Reply #21
31. HELLO? WAKE UP!
 Edited on Sun Jul-13-08 03:08 PM by Th1onein
Tony Snow HAD excellent healthcare, so he probably DID NOT die in pain. However, he would condemn the rest of us, who aren't lucky enough to have that kind of healthcare, to die in pain.

Get it NOW?

Pamela Troy (540 posts)       Sun Jul-13-08 03:07 PM
Response to Reply #31
32. Uh, no. 
 Having excellent healthcare does not guarantee that you will die without pain.

You do know that, right?

Th1onein  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jul-13-08 03:11 PM
Response to Reply #32
34. It DOES guarantee that you will have excellent pain management!
 I'm sure that Mr. Snow had the best that money could buy, when it came to pain management. Ulike the rest of us plebes.

I do not like that woman.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: No one deserves to die in pain - Th1onein shows up
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 03:10:33 PM »
Th1onein  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jul-13-08 03:06 PM
Response to Reply #21
31. HELLO? WAKE UP!
 Edited on Sun Jul-13-08 03:08 PM by Th1onein
Tony Snow HAD excellent healthcare, so he probably DID NOT die in pain. However, he would condemn the rest of us, who aren't lucky enough to have that kind of healthcare, to die in pain.

Get it NOW?
Stup1dT:

Many of us, like Mr. Snow, MADE GOOD LIFE CHOICES and therefore could AFFORD HEALTH CARE.  You get things in life by WORKING FOR THEM.  Unfortunately, those of us who WORK for a living are condemned to carry to of you who DON'T.

Get it NOW?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 03:13:24 PM »
Yet our dear friend melanie sees nothing wrong with pleading for death row inmates.

Cognitive dissonance much??

She is vile.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 03:57:17 PM »
Not to mention the simple fact that every single not-for-profit hospital is forced by law to treat anyone who comes through the door...insured, uninsured, penniless; legal, illegal, etc.  I know for a matter of fact that we currently provide 3 dialysis treatments per week to an emigrant with no insurance, no money and no government coverage...the entire cost is just written off.  My small hospital writes off about $7 MILLION a year.  A terminal patient would be treated just like anyone else, regardless of insurance or ability to pay.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »
Not to mention the simple fact that every single not-for-profit hospital is forced by law to treat anyone who comes through the door...insured, uninsured, penniless; legal, illegal, etc.  I know for a matter of fact that we currently provide 3 dialysis treatments per week to an emigrant with no insurance, no money and no government coverage...the entire cost is just written off.  My small hospital writes off about $7 MILLION a year.  A terminal patient would be treated just like anyone else, regardless of insurance or ability to pay.

My aunt, the one with kidney cancer, doesn't have insurance.  They used to run their own small business, and she said they let the insurance lapse a while ago. 

But she also said, because she had always had trouble with kidney stones, her insurance policy didn't cover her kidneys and it wouldn't have mattered anyways.  They have money to pay for a lot of the medical expenses and she's going to a top doctor in Houston, they didn't turn her away because she doesn't have insurace. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »
Glad to see that Melalookatmee!!!! is sstill crazy as a poop house rat. Consistancy breeds comfort.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 04:46:53 PM »
Yet our dear friend melanie sees nothing wrong with pleading for death row inmates.

Cognitive dissonance much??

She is vile.

Yeah . . . what about the "pain management" for the victims of the crimes of those death row inmates, Melanie?

Didn't they deserve as much, or do they matter?

From what I've seen of that WOS' writings, I'd tend to think that she believes the latter.  ::)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 05:45:44 PM »
When I read posts like that from the so called party of compassion, I realize that their positions on anything political is the opposite of what the Republican thinks -- even if the opposite makes no sense, and actually contradicts the other planks of their platform.

BDS at its stupidest.