Author Topic: TiT's Greatest Hits: A Musical Retrospective...  (Read 49851 times)

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
Re: TiT's Greatest Hits: A Musical Retrospective...
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2008, 09:16:50 PM »
TomInTib...megawarriorman!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x2760458

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)        Thu Mar-08-07 11:53 PM
Response to Reply #4
9. Don't even talk like that...
   I spent 39 months on PBRs and Nasty Boats.

I am shaking, I am so ****ed up on this.

Good God, who is doing the thinking at DoD?

Didn't they learn anything?

Damn

Tom
   Printer Friendly | Permalink |  | Top

3 YEARS AND 3 MONTHS? One tour? Really? Wow!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2008, 09:46:21 PM »
Good summary -- don't forget to link the Flippy Doo material -- hilarious!

Do you mean this? (And before I post it I want to give a big thumbs up to Delilah and company for all they've done in this thread. It's been excellent.)

And now a FlippyDoo rerun....

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, CCers of all ages, we are proud to bring to you today the fictional spirit guide with no smell whatsoever. Fresh from a deep cover mission in the bushes at the gas station next to Walmart, he's part Irish Setter and part pigeon. He's points out the good and poops on the bad. He's the one, the only, FlippyyyDooooo!!!!

FlippyDoo: Hello everyone. There’s been a lot of talk lately about a certain person. A person who weaves tales of daring-do. He presents himself as a sort of super duper legend. You all know who I’m talking about. Let’s welcome TiT to the stage.

TiT: Hello

FlippyDoo: Why don’t you tell us a little about yourself?

TiT:  I grew up dirt poor on a Texas ranch. I never attended one day of school, because we were too poor to drive to town every day.  linky dink

FlippyDoo: Wow! That’s poor. Tell us about your family.

TiT: I come from a Texas Family who actually makes things happen. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Uh, I thought you grew up dirt poor?

TiT: You can take anything I say to the Bank.

FlippyDoo: Okay then. What about your current family? Any children?

TiT: One of my sons is a professional baseball player and the other travels the planet as a percussionist with Carlos Santana. linky dink

FlippyDoo: That’s impressive.

TiT: 10. I allowed my sons to smoke at home. Taught them and their friends to roll real efficient joints, too. My sons have smoked since their teens and are still smoking in their mid-20s. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Doesn’t professional baseball have drug testing? If so, the son playing ball might not be smoking any more or atleast can figure on getting into some hot water.

FlippyDoo: Alrighty. No need to get all upset. It’s like Linda Ellerbee once said: laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is.

TiT: I am reminded of a time when we were all out to eat in NYC.  Molly, Linda Ellerbee, John Stannard (a great percussionist) and me. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Well, I guess some folks might consider that running with the fast horses.

TiT: We had racehorses and raced them at Vinton. One of the local handicappers was a little black kid around eight years old (seriously). I was standing on a sidewalk in town when the kid came up to me and said,"Mister Tom, WonderWoman in de cafe over dere". And this kid was always as serious as a heart attack.

So I walked in and there she [linda Carter] was, sitting with some woman (I believe it was her agent) and everyone in the place was looking at her. And I just walked up and introduced myself. This was the late 70s and I was into vintage Western shirts and wild-assed boots and my hair was to my waist. Sat down and had lunch with them and invited them to a party at our trainer's house that night. They were making an appearance in Houston the next day.

And she showed up. She had the most beautiful eyes in the world. linky dink

FlippyDoo: So you’ve hung out with Wonder Woman? That’s quite a song to sing. Speaking of songs, I’ve read that you wrote a song called “Driving Across America”.

TiT: I wrote that while traveling North Texas with my eldest son. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Is that so? The only problem with that is that Mark Germino wrote that song.

TiT: Well...I co-wrote that. The premise and most of the body is mine, but a friend supplied most of the really wicked turns. I pretty much half-bake most of my stuff, but I am fortunate enough to know some great "Closers". linky dink

FlippyDoo: I’m surprised that I can’t find anywhere that lists you as co-writer.

FlippyDoo: Yes, you’ve said that. Let’s see, so far you’ve been acquainted with Linda Ellerbee, Linda Carter, John Stannard (a great percussionist), and Mark Germino. Any other famous folks that we should know about?

TiT: Gary Primich, considered by many to be one of the greatest harmonica players in the world. Damn, damn, damn. God, we used to tear it up.  linky dink

FlippyDoo: Anyone else?

TiT: I once had the pleasure of pointing an Ithaca 12 gauge pump at John Warner's sternum. And I got away with it. For he was just SecNav and I was me. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Wait a minute. Do you actually expect us to believe that you did that to the Secretary of the Navy?

FlippyDoo: Right. So you’re a tough guy? Why would you have contact with the SecNav anyway?

TiT: Qua Viet 68-71. PBR (patrol boat- river) pilot. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Oh, so you’re a Vietnam vet?

TiT: SEAL Team 3, here. Extraction Team attached to 3,3 Marine, Quang Tri, '69-'72. linky dink

FlippyDoo: Hold on now. You just claimed that you were a PBR pilot from 1968 to 1971. Now you’re all of a sudden claiming that you were a SEAL from 1969 to 1972?

FlippyDoo:  Yeah, I’m sure, but from what I can find there wasn’t even a “SEAL Team 3” in Vietnam. I think you might be a phony.

TiT: I'm so phony that they gave me the Navy Cross to prove it. (shows photo) linky dink

FlippyDoo: You do realize that the photo you’re showing is straight from the Navy website? Why not just show a photo of your actual medal? Also, it would be real easy to check the names of the actual Navy Cross recipients to see if what you say is true.

TiT: I also live under an assumed name. linky dink

FlippyDoo: That seems to be quite convenient.

FlippyDoo: Okay, but I’m beginning to wonder if the bank would stamp it “NSF”. Tell me, do you wear the blue costume with the big “S” on it under you clothes all the time or do you just put it on when you go on a mission? Don’t answer. We just don’t have the time. Thanks for tuning in everyone and have a Merry Christmas.

Thanks, Flippy!

Fabulous stuff and now it is here where it will stay.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2008, 03:01:49 PM »
You know, this Monkeyman seems to show up on as many Vietnam threads as TiT does...if he was a real soldier I wonder why he doesn't call TiT on his bullshit.

Cindie

I have heard it said that he was just as big a fraud as TiT. Monkeyman allegedly died of natural causes, pancreatic disease or something similar. I say allegedly because some are skeptical about it, that he just conveniently arranged to disappear in that incarnation from the DUmp. Ask Frank-I think he knows the backstory.

TiT was an admirer of Monkeyman's. You'll find a couple mentions from TiT of missing him; they were apparently BS buddies and shored each other up.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2008, 03:09:32 PM »
Anyone see anything wrong with this?

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-09-07 01:08 AM
Response to Reply #14
17. They are crazy...

You might have missed my JFK post...

I recently met a Navy IRR pilot. Been to both Afgh and Iraq.

And he told me that he had a number of friends (Navy and Marine combat pilots, A10, F14, F16s, etc.) who had been called to Ft Lewis for a 2-week course in driving convoy trucks. The fools at DoD thought that they wouldn't have as much problems if the drivers were a little bit quicker.

These are the same kind of bastards that barely let some of us survive.

And I am pissed off.

You cannot run those boats against current armament.

Those guys are ****ed unless they just pick the fat part of the river.

And there ain't anything happening there.

????

By the way, MonkeyMan AKA Dale Peters, IS a ****ing poser.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2008, 04:55:22 PM »
(Navy and Marine combat pilots, A10, F14, F16s, etc.)

I thought only the USAF flew F16s for combat.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »
Well, not being entirely knowing in these things but it could be that neither the Navy or Marines operate any of those aircraft (save the -14 which was retired in late 2006)

Could it be that most of the convoy driving is contracted out, or that there's a shortage of pilots as is and the last place they'd be is on a truck convoy, or that driving aircraft is an officers job, whereby driving a truck is more like an enlisted occupation?

This last part confuses me..
You cannot run those boats against current armament.

Those guys are ****ed unless they just pick the fat part of the river.

I thought we were talking about truck convoys not boat patrols.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »

...and A-10s. That's one problem with his bullshit.  :-)

Anyone else?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2008, 08:26:51 PM »
There's so much wrong with that post I could have picked it apart when I was 7 years old.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2008, 09:09:13 PM »

Only the USAF can lay claim to stick time in F-16's and A-10's....and the F-14's last combat mission was flown by an aircraft in VF 213 (Blacklions) in early 2006.

Sorry TiT you posing piece of  :censored: you lose again.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2008, 11:15:13 PM »
Not sure if you guys found this but  :-)
TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-06-07 08:17 PM
Response to Reply #22
23. Yep, nothing like it.
I first smoke opium in Mexico in 1962 (I was twelve years old).
Oh FFS! :rotf:http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1990301#1990336

I stubled across that thread looking for something else... there's more. :jerkit:

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-06-07 09:06 PM
Response to Reply #24
27. Oh, no...
 I used to date Stanley Owsley's niece, Karen.

Red hot and rockin' country girl straight outta Miami (pronounced Mi am ah), Oklahoma.

Her creed was pretty much the same as mine.

"Sure, why not?"

God, I am too old to be able to afford to remember shit like that - makes my blood pressure go up.

TomInTib  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-06-07 09:43 PM
Response to Reply #31
32. So this Owsley chick...
 after I went away to serve my ****ing country, moved out to Leon's place for a while and then she and this Cherokee Amazon hung around with John Lee Hooker for a few years.

We got back together after I came home, but I was CRRAAAZY about that Cherokee chick and it caused a lot of problems.

And we were all three of us with Bad Problems with the Bad Shit, which causes its own set of problems.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »
Figured I should kick this since he's back! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
You know...

Reading back through all these threads makes me wonder something.

Is Nads actually Tom's super sekrit tag along sidekick ?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »
You know...

Reading back through all these threads makes me wonder something.

Is Nads actually Tom's super sekrit tag along sidekick ?

They were both Green Berets in SEAL Team 3 in Vietnam. :tongue: O-) :loser:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.