Author Topic: More On Wee Willy Pittster And The "Family Business"  (Read 8000 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
More On Wee Willy Pittster And The "Family Business"
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »
William Rivers Pitt: Gag Me with a Silver Spoon, Part IV

http://corpgovactivist.blogspot.com/2008/03/william-rivers-pitt-gag-me-with-silver_16.html

In September 1996, the law firm of Pitt, Hubbard & Marshall, LLP was born. The data shown in that link is directly from the Corporations Division of the Massachusetts Commonwealth Secretary.

As shown near the bottom of that page, the three named partners were:

* Christine D. Hubbard;

* Mary T. Marshall; and

* Jane H. Pitt

For those who may be unfamiliar with Boston's Financial District, 201 Devonshire Street (the location of their law offices) is an address that ranks among the most expensive square footage in Beantown.

To help put that in context: when I worked in support of the Johnson Family of Fidelity Investments (FMRCo., to be precise), I was working out of the Fidelity headquarters location, on Devonshire Street. In fact, I was working just down the street from them, soon after Pitt, Hubbard & Marshall, LLP was born.

If you (1) scroll all the way to the bottom of the Corporations Division listing; (2) highlight ALL FILINGS; and then (3) click the View Filings button, you'll be able to see:

* A PDF of the firm's Certificate of Withdrawal, essentially dissolving the LLP, filed 04/30/2003. It bears the signatures of Jane Hanify Pitt, Christine Donelan Hubbard, and Mary T. Marshall.

* A PDF of the 2003 Annual Report for the law firm.

* A PDF of the 2002 Annual Report for the law firm.

The law firm specialized in real estate, zoning, land use, and environmental law, according to Mary T. Marshall's professional profile at - surprise, surprise! - Ropes & Gray: Mary T. Marshall, formerly a partner of Pitt Hubbard & Marshall, LLP, a law firm specializing in real estate, zoning, land use, and environmental law, joined the Real Estate Group at Ropes & Gray in 2003.

Real estate, zoning, land use, and environmental law, you say? That rings a bell.

Now, where else have I heard of a crooked Boston firm and land use issues before? Let me see. Let me see. Hmmmm...

Was it this eminent domain case in Texas, involving State Street Bank & Trust Co., as Trustee for the Resolution Trust Corporation, represented by John D. Hanify of Hanify & King (the law firm whose first named partner, the aforesaid John D. Hanify, is Wee Whining Willary's maternal uncle)?

Or maybe it was the very eye-popping tale of how John D. Hanify, Esquire and Resolution Trust Corporation reportedly behaved in the land use case of John and Rhetta Sweeney. Their astounding story, in their own words, contains a great deal of information about how the Hanify Family's connections have come into play throughout this land use case.

On a page of their website titled, THE KENNEDY CONNECTION -- "CHAPPAQUIDDICK REVISITED," they begin:

The question has come up "Why is this Federal Judge, Edward Harrington, going to such lengths to protect the lawyer John Hanify of Hanify & King in Boston, Massachusetts and his father Edward Hanify?"

Here are the facts for you to discern:

It's good to be among the top crooked lawyers in Boston, judging by the Real Estate section of the Boston Globe.

Titled, Law's Reward, it's unclear whether the author meant The Law's Reward or Cardinal Law's Reward.

After all, I'd imagine the disgraced Cardinal has a great deal of gratitude for Hanify & King, for all the fancy, fumbling footwork they did during that whole pedophile priest scandal.

Law's Reward
By Carol Beggy | June 4, 2006

The 6,388-square-foot Colonial that John D. Hanify, co-founder of the Boston law firm Hanify & King, calls home is on the market for $2.775 million. The 18-room house, which has 9 baths and 9 bedrooms, sits on about an acre on Woodbine Road in Belmont Hill. Among the things Hanify added was a regulation pitcher's mound in the backyard to help his sons with baseball practice. Marie Monahan with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage in Belmont has the listing.

After owning the house for a number of years, Hanify built a 2,600-square-foot addition for his parents, Jane and Edward B. Hanify, to live in. Hanify's father ran the trial department at Ropes & Gray and was chief counsel to Cardinal Richard J. Cushing, Boston's former archbishop. The elder Hanify also represented Senator Edward M. Kennedy during the inquest into the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, who was killed when the senator's car went off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island in July 1969.

Has John D. Hanify ever been disciplined?

According to the Massachusetts Bar Board of Overseers and its attorney lookup function, not yet.

My suggestion? Type in only the last name, Hanify, to gain a better idea of how many decades the Hanify Family has bullied Boston courtrooms. But to pinpoint his specific listing, here's John D. Hanify's search result.

Let's go back to the Commonwealth Secretary's Office, to look up the corporate data for the law firm of Hanify & King.

Formed on January 1, 1982, the law firm includes several notable names on its list of directors and officers. That Timothy P. O'Neill can't possibly be related to Tip. The Annual Reports and other filings are quite interesting, too.

To look up any other lawyers in this tangled knot (e.g., Hubbard, Pitt, etc.), simply return to the lawyer lookup function at the Massachusetts Bar Board of Overseers

Parts 2 and 3 can be found here: http://corpgovactivist.blogspot.com/

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: More On Wee Willy Pittster And The "Family Business"
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:26:37 AM »
I hve to say that while some aren't interested in the Bostonian Drunkard, and some others are interested in the Bostonian Drunkard as a clown, for serious scholars of the Bostonian Drunkard, this is evolving as a major serious work on the subject.

It's loaded with minutae, but hey, the guy wishes to prove his case, and so has to back himself up.

Now we're starting to get some answers about the Bostonian Drunkard; how, for example, he can live without being employed.

Has anyone ever read the Bostonian Drunkard's wikipedia entry?

In it, the Bostonian Drunkard--surely no one but the Bostonian Drunkard entered the Bostonian Drunkard into wikipedia--much care is taken to insinuate that the Bostonian Drunkard is an attorney, without actually saying so (which of course would be a lie).

It's very clever, and might get by all but the most sophisticated readers.

When the Bostonian Drunkard was out in San Francisco, he worked for a law firm--probably a college classmate of his father, or some connection with his maternal grandfather.

He worked for that law firm as a go-fer, or runner.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 02:31:32 AM »
You know, I watched the Bostonian Drunkard almost from the beginning of Skins's island, in late January or early February 2001.  I was aware of his existence, but didn't pay much attention at first, seeing him as just another stupid gassy flaccid personally-odoriferous rich kid for the next few years.

But then in early 2004, when the Bostonian Drunkard joined the staff of the Dennis Kucinich presidential campaign, I started watching a little more closely, for whatever subconscious reasons.

franksolich seems to have a "nose" for mischief that's coming up, even when the nature of the mischief isn't something franksolich can articulate.

As we all know, the Bostonian Drunkard, while a paid member of that staff, passed on "campaign secrets" to the John Kerry presidential campaign.

Now, someone in the Kucinich camp passing on "information" to the vastly-larger Kerry camp would be similar, I suppose, with Andorra passing on military secrets to Germany.

It was obvious what was going on; the Bostonian Drunkard never really considered Kucinich had a chance, and wanted very badly to be on a winning campaign.  And the Bostonian Drunkard thought by double-crossing Kucinich, he would be rewarded by the Kerry camp.

The Kerry campaign took whatever the Bostonian Drunkard gave them--whatever he gave them, which couldn't have amounted to a hill of beans--and that was that; no job-offer from the Kerry campaign for the Bostonian Drunkard.

Honesty and loyalty are not characteristics of the Bostonian Drunkard; one suspects given this sort of track-record, the Bostonian Drunkard would sell his own mother, the carpetbagging maternal ancestress, down the river if there was some slight transient advantage in it for him.

No doubt at all.

Now, decent and civilized people always knew the Kucinich campaign was a joke, a farce, a hopeless crusade, but on the other hand, decent and civilized people understand that as long as the Kucinich campaign was paying the Bostonian Drunkard, that campaign was fully entitled to the honesty and loyalty of the Bostonian Drunkard.

It's noticeable that since that sordid behavior on the part of the Bostonian Drunkard, the Bostonian Drunkard has since been an "outsider" in politics, outside looking in.  It's got to be a bitch for the Bostonian Drunkard, being exluded from the "insiders."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 05:32:04 AM »
But really, he's such an obvious gadfly and wastrel, who'd have him?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »
I want to know more about his 'alledged' underage sex scandal.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
I gotta buy more popcorn.  :popcorn: :-)

So did Willary (I LOVE That) grow up in this sprawling manse??? Or the addition? I'm a little fuzzy on the familial connections.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 12:48:12 PM »
Is there an article somewhere that talks about his Kucinich betrayal? I've heard about this but never figured out how everyone know.

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »
Is there an article somewhere that talks about his Kucinich betrayal? I've heard about this but never figured out how everyone know.

Cindie

I've got the story somewhere, most likely saved on my home computer.

I'm sure I found it on the internets, just can't remember where.  If I have time, I'll see what I can find for you, delilah.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 01:51:18 PM »
I kind of lol'd at this blurb -

William Rivers Pitt is the Managing Editor of truthout.org. He is a New York Times and international best-selling author of three books - "War On Iraq," available from Context Books, "The Greatest Sedition is Silence," available from Pluto Press, and "Our Flag, Too: The Paradox of Patriotism," available in August from Context Books.

-------
The reviews on Amazon are priceless! And apparently the last title isn't available? Book deal fell through???

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 01:54:37 PM »
That's outdated, DixieBelle.

The Bostonian Drunkard was once "managing editor" of truthout.

Then May 12, 2006 happened.

After which the Bostonian Drunkard was "columnist" at truthout.

And then there was some behind-the-curtains tussling between the Bostonian Drunkard, his uberboss Marc Ash, and the Leopudlian journalist.

After which the Bostonian Drunkard was "contributor" at truthout.

The Leopudlian journalist has since left, and the Bostonian Drunkard moved back up a notch.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »
^I knew it was outdated. I think it's hysterical. :-)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 02:14:53 PM »
Here's a PJComix link that has further links to the Kucinich kerfuffle:

http://dummiefunnies.blogspot.com/2006/12/oh-will-pitt-theyre-talking-about-you.html
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 02:20:19 PM »
Comedy gold right there ralph!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 02:21:22 PM »
Thanks, Mr. Wiggum, sir, and I'm sure non-members of this site appreciate it too.

There were, if I recall correctly, about four or five DUmmie FUnnies pertaining at least somewhat to the Bostonian Drunkard's betrayal of Dennis Kucinich, going clear back almost to the original DUmmie FUnnies (August 2004, I think, was the first one).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 07:49:24 PM »
Thanks, Mr. Wiggum, sir, and I'm sure non-members of this site appreciate it too.

There were, if I recall correctly, about four or five DUmmie FUnnies pertaining at least somewhat to the Bostonian Drunkard's betrayal of Dennis Kucinich, going clear back almost to the original DUmmie FUnnies (August 2004, I think, was the first one).

Oh, PJ has been relentless in his references to it over the years, hardly an entry of his concerning Pitt goes by without working it in.  He's eased off on the schoolgirl references a bit, but that is also a frequently-recurring theme in his Pitticisms.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 10:16:42 PM »
Here's a PJComix link that has further links to the Kucinich kerfuffle:

http://dummiefunnies.blogspot.com/2006/12/oh-will-pitt-theyre-talking-about-you.html

Oh, I'd forgotten about that one! Aren't memories precious!  :rotf:

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GCBill

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »
Has anyone ever read the Bostonian Drunkard's wikipedia entry?

Read it and rated it!
Capitalism is based on self-interest and self-esteem; it holds integrity and trustworthiness as cardinal virtues and makes them pay off in the marketplace, thus demanding that men survive by means of virtue, not vices. It is this superlatively moral system that the welfare statists propose to improve upon by means of preventative law, snooping bureaucrats, and the chronic goad of fear.
 - Alan Greenspan, The Assault on Integrity (1963)