Author Topic: Contract from America  (Read 1823 times)

Offline thundley4

Contract from America
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
It's not really a blog, but I didn't know where else to put this. Has anyone checked out this site?

http://www.contractfromamerica.com/Idea.aspx
Here's just a few of the ideas with a number showing the amount of support they get.
Welcome to the Contract From America initiative, where you can join your fellow Americans in a collaborative grassroots effort to create a document that offers real change in Washington, D.C. and the state capitals. This website provides you with the opportunity to offer your innovative free market, limited government solutions to our nation’s pressing problems and to vote and comment on the ideas of others. We believe that the result of this grassroots-generated marketplace of ideas will be a document that not only represents the will of the American people, but promotes unique ideas that will breathe new life into the economic conservative movement. We will have a Contract From America for which we are all responsible and in which we feel a sense of ownership. And politicians will have a stark choice: accept and therefore be held accountable to the terms of the Contract From America, or face loss of their seat in 2010.

Promoted Ideas - These popular ideas from each topic have been selected by the Contract From America panel.
 Implement the Fair Tax 7843 rating
 Legislation shall contain no unrelated ammendments 3928 rating
 Congressional Term Limits 3658 rating
 Abolish the Department of Education 3056 rating
 Pass Nationwide Medical Malpractice Tort Reform 2784 rating
 Congress shall not exempt themselves 2549 rating
 An Official Language of the United States 2535 rating
 Drill Here, Drill Now 2511 rating
 Interstate Health Insurance Competition 2459 rating
 No lifetime salary or benefits for Congress 2420 rating
 cite Constitutional authority for creating laws 1978 rating
 Nuclear Energy, reduce our dependance on foreign oil 1464 rating
 More Drilling for Natural Gas and Oil, Increase Nuclear Energy, and eliminate federal regulation and give power back to the states 945 rating
 Federal Spending Limitations - Budget Cap 823 rating
 Presidential advisers (czars) shall have no regulatory authority 749 rating
 2nd Amendment Rights 715 rating
 Bills from the House or Senate are to be Made Public 7 Days Before any Vote 703 rating

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
Re: Contract from America
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »
Easily the most relevant thing I've seen posted here. Within five minutes I was able to register and find the Tea Party organization in my area. The site is fairly well laid out and easy to navigate. I would encourage everyone to check it out.

Thanks for the post Mr. 4.

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
Re: Contract from America
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 12:07:03 PM »
Bump in the name of sanity.