Author Topic: Obama: End abortion 'politicization'  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Obama: End abortion 'politicization'
« on: January 24, 2009, 07:30:26 PM »
I may be as open minded a conservative about obama as you can find, but this is just retarded and naive.

the debate is between people who consider abortion to be murder, and those who consider it an inviolate constitutional right.  saying
that it has become "politicized" is to miss the point entirely.  this is THE moral question of our lifetime (and probably beyond).

I used to think that this guy was pretty damned smart.  wrong on all of the issues, but smart nonetheless.  but just about everytime he
has opened his mouth since he was inaugurated, he as given me reason to doubt my original opinion.

Obama: End abortion 'politicization'

President Obama kept a low profile on Friday as he fulfilled a campaign promise by reversing President Bush’s policy barring U.S. aid to international organizations which provide abortions or advise women on how to get them.

However, the new president also extended an olive branch to anti-abortion groups and expressed a desire to end what he called a “stale and fruitless debate.”

“It is time that we end the politicization of this issue,” Obama said in a written statement which accompanied an official presidential memorandum canceling Bush’s abortion-related restrictions on American aid money, referred to by critics as the “global gag rule.” The new president promised “a fresh conversation on family planning” and said his aides would “reach out to those on all sides of this issue to achieve the goal of reducing unintended pregnancies.”

The policy towards U.S. funding to certain family planning groups has flipped back and forth as Republicans and Democrats traded control of the White House since the ban was first announced by President Reagan’s administration in 1984 in connection with a United Nations conference in Mexico City. The restrictions, which came to be known as the “Mexico City language,” stayed in place through the remainder of Reagan’s presidency and through the administration of President George H.W. Bush. The ban was dropped by President Clinton when he entered office in 1993 and reinstated by President Bush in 2001.

Obama also said he would work with Congress to restore American government support for the United Nations Population Fund, which has been blocked from receiving funds by a legal provision that bars the federal government from funding organizations which support or promote coerced abortion. The State Department found in 2002 that the U.N. agency was ineligible for funding because of its involvement with the Chinese government's enforcement of its one-child policy, which often leads to abortions.

More

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
Re: Obama: End abortion 'politicization'
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:48:43 PM »
"End politicization" translates to "agree with me and be silent" in the tounge of the common folk.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 07:50:11 PM »
There isn't much to talk about.

You are either for murdering innocents or you aren't.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »

exactly.  but my pro-choice friends think that any encroachment into (what they refer to as) "choice" is pretty much the equivalent of fascism.   we're probably going to have to undo a generation of brainwashing before anything can really be done about this.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:05:24 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:57:03 PM »
"A fresh conversation on family planning"? Well that took balls to say. Audacity lives on I see.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 10:37:37 PM »
"A fresh conversation on family planning"? Well that took balls to say. Audacity lives on I see.

or stupidity.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 03:06:27 AM »

would that be, say, The Audacity of Murder?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 05:30:27 AM »
"End politicization" translates to "agree with me and be silent" in the tounge of the common folk.

Pretty much says it all right there.  ^5.

And the liberals bitched and moaned about stifling free speech and the "chill wind".
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 06:51:47 AM »
End the politicization?

Does this mean the states get to enact parental notification laws and partial-birth bans and regulations as they see fit free from a bunch of money-grubbing liberals interfering in their self-governance?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 08:34:54 AM »
 :banghead:

If the Dems are going to make abortion-on-demand a cornerstone or platform plank, that sounds pretty damned hypocritical.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 08:44:49 AM »
With all this emphasis on abortion and fetal stem cell research, you would think that killing the unborn is our #1 priority. As if we had nothing better to do with our time and energy.  :whatever:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Redstatecka

• Thanks, Dad!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »
:banghead:

If the Dems are going to make abortion-on-demand a cornerstone or platform plank, that sounds pretty damned hypocritical.

Really, haven't they pretty much done this already?

Now with murderer-in-chief, abortionist-in-chief, megalomaniac and pretend-Christian Obama driving the war on the unborn and just-born, if they haven't, though, they will. Soonest.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:22:00 PM by Redstatecka »
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry, 1765

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
I am literally sick to my stomach.

Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Sometimes I aim to please, but mostly I just shoot to kill.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 09:28:39 PM »
I am literally sick to my stomach.

Don't worry; once the abortion doctor is done with you, the morning sickness will go away. [/libtard]
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 09:30:30 PM »
Don't worry; once the abortion doctor is done with you, the morning sickness will go away. [/libtard]

lol

Talk about forcing our policies on other nations.  It isn't enough that we do this to our own people.  Let's do it through the guise of aid to all other third world countries.

gag.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 09:31:59 PM »
Don't forget...Oooobama said he would deny medical care to those who are "temporarily alive outside the womb" referring to botched abortions where the baby survives.

A point of order for "The One"....we're all "temporarily alive outside the womb".  Idiot.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 12:33:33 AM »
Really, haven't they pretty much done this already?

Of course they have, and the Democrats have thereby owned the politicization of the issue at least as much as the GOP or any other faction.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:35:21 AM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 01:15:07 AM »

It's more of that "I won" bullshit.

Sorry, but I'm not in love with the idea of my tax monies going to fund some pinche puta in Tijuana killing her baby via the UN because the guy who just saw the donkey show she was in didn't pull out. 

What's next? Tax payer funded clitorectomies for little girls in Africa?

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 06:16:09 AM »
Wow...now this rich coming from a liberal.  :whatever:

Anyone with half a brain understands why this is an absurd statement coming from him(and his party) of all people(s).

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 07:20:44 AM »

Murder the child in utero, but protect the blood-thirsty, convicted, sentenced to death piece of shit murderer.  ::)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 08:21:17 AM »
End abortion politicization.

I agree with exactly two thirds of this statement. I'm with The big giant O (PBUH) 66 percent.

End abortion politicization.

fix't.

That I can agree with.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Redstatecka

• Thanks, Dad!
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 09:36:59 AM »
The new president reportedly "also extended an olive branch to anti-abortion groups and expressed a desire to end what he called a 'stale and fruitless debate.' . . . 'It is time that we end the politicization of this issue . . . '"[/b]

Yes, if you're the murderer- and abortionist-in-chief as he is, of course, you want to end debate. A favorite tool of the Democrats, liberals and leftists: ending debate (see: catastrophic anthropogenic global warming).

And, of course, pretend-Christian/Christian-in-name-only Obama wants to end debate, to soothe his convicted conscience because, in places he doesn't want people to see, in places he won't talk about, is afraid to talk about, he knows that what he's doing and promoting is ungodly and against the very Word of God in which he pretends to believe.

This debate WILL NEVER END as long as there are Christians who believe that their Messiah, the Jesus in which PC/CINO Obama claims to follow, is a life-giver.

And know and read of the very special place in His heart the Christ has for children and their treatment.

And know that the Scripture says that the Lord God knew us before we were even conceived and that we -- that's everyone -- are created in His image.

Obama's heresy and evilness cannot be simply brushed aside by his childish plea for an end to what he calls a "stale debate." Sure, some Christians will compromise their beliefs and bend to him. They get to answer for that.

But if he thinks that now that he's the secular king of America that he can prevail in this, he is mistaken.

BTW: "Fruitless"? Yes, I'm sure that Hitler and the Nazi exterminators had the same view of the pleas of the Jews regarding letting them be spared.

Only a monstrous bully such as Obama would prey upon the most defenseless of all humans to further himself. He needs prayer that he will see what's he's done and is doing, and then to turn from it. And then help turn America away from this death culture.

And the black community needs to wake up the fact that Obama is supporting a practice that disproportionately affects blacks, to the tune of three-to-five times as many abortions in that communtiy, per 1,000 women, as in white or Hispanic communities.

So, really, Obama --and his cohorts, the Democrats, liberals and leftists, too --actually and actively promotes the death -- genocide -- of the very people who he's tried so hard be a part of, who helped elect him, who worship him.

How spiritually and morally perverse and grotesque is that, on his part and on their parts?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:07:12 PM by Redstatecka »
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry, 1765

Offline Tess

• Frivolous Fun!
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »
With that action he will have killed more innocent lives in his 4 years in office than Bush ever could have in his 8.

:censored:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 05:50:55 PM »
The new president reportedly "also extended an olive branch to anti-abortion groups and expressed a desire to end what he called a 'stale and fruitless debate.' . . . 'It is time that we end the politicization of this issue . . . '"[/b]

Yes, if you're the murderer- and abortionist-in-chief as he is, of course, you want to end debate. A favorite tool of the Democrats, liberals and leftists: ending debate (see: catastrophic anthropogenic global warming).

And, of course, pretend-Christian/Christian-in-name-only Obama wants to end debate, to soothe his convicted conscience because, in places he doesn't want people to see, in places he won't talk about, is afraid to talk about, he knows that what he's doing and promoting is ungodly and against the very Word of God in which he pretends to believe.

This debate WILL NEVER END as long as there are Christians who believe that their Messiah, the Jesus in which PC/CINO Obama claims to follow, is a life-giver.

And know and read of the very special place in His heart the Christ has for children and their treatment.

And know that the Scripture says that the Lord God knew us before we were even conceived and that we -- that's everyone -- are created in His image.

Obama's heresy and evilness cannot be simply brushed aside by his childish plea for an end to what he calls a "stale debate." Sure, some Christians will compromise their beliefs and bend to him. They get to answer for that.

But if he thinks that now that he's the secular king of America that he can prevail in this, he is mistaken.

BTW: "Fruitless"? Yes, I'm sure that Hitler and the Nazi exterminators had the same view of the pleas of the Jews regarding letting them be spared.

Only a monstrous bully such as Obama would prey upon the most defenseless of all humans to further himself. He needs prayer that he will see what's he's done and is doing, and then to turn from it. And then help turn America away from this death culture.

And the black community needs to wake up the fact that Obama is supporting a practice that disproportionately affects blacks, to the tune of three-to-five times as many abortions in that communtiy, per 1,000 women, as in white or Hispanic communities.

So, really, Obama --and his cohorts, the Democrats, liberals and leftists, too --actually amd actively promotes the death -- genocide -- of the very people who he's tried so hard be a part of, who helped elect him, who worship him.

How spiritually and morally perverse and grotesque is that, on his part and on their parts?

:bow: Well said.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle